Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the future anyone wants?  (Read 1330 times)
wesk1212

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 04:56:01 PM

The only thing LIBRA is gonna do is make FB richer and more powerful. Avoid it.
You're right.  I think so too.  Because their main goal is to collect data than they are now.  To learn all our tastes in order to later manipulate.  I would not trust them.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2019, 05:42:35 PM

The only thing LIBRA is gonna do is make FB richer and more powerful. Avoid it.
I partially agree with you, but look at what happens to the entire market after the Banking Committee expressed concern about Facebook’s plans to launch a Libra. Market is crushed . I do not perceive Libra as just another cryptocurrency for exchange manipulations, for me it is an indicator of the readiness of states to coexist with cryptocurrencies. This is important for a whole cryptocurrency market.
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:50:22 PM

It's been interesting to watch the Congressional hearings over the past few days. If you're not following what's happening I would recommend checking out today's Blockchain Education Day in Washington. There will be a ton of great insights I think from people on the crypto side

https://cryptobriefing.com/crypto-leaders-washington-blockchain-education/
rmilly (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:47:40 PM

Yes, it is the future. Because so many services you will be able to pay via this Libra coin. As Facebook one of the main social provider. Pretty sure that they will find the solution to that conflict of interests.

But at the risk of saking our privacy? I think Elixxir has a point
zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:14:14 AM

Facebook is a very large company with billions of users. Maybe centralization of Libra is better for Facebook because its credibility will serve as a guarantee of trust.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
pimchanbuabueng

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:02:56 AM

Theres nothing enough evidences that libra will be having a vital role in the future. there are more still time for libra to prove its worth
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:54:41 AM

Moving forward the future we want, libra is a step forward so I do yes it's the future we want. We need more tech on blockchain and we need big companies to come in. So far libra has shared the table and it is a welcome development
Libra coin even shook the United State government even more than the other cryptocurrency that has been in the market because everyone know  how well established Facebook is already in technology, and based on their achievement so far, their cryptocurrency technology will really get a very wide attention and many people will accept to use it even if it is somehow not representing the true feature of blockchain technology which is the anonymous part of it because I quite doubt if Facebook will ever create a decentralized coin, and this was the first point the government must have thought of that made them invite Facebook because they know that it will create so much awareness for cryptocurrency in the market.
Ozero

Activity: 2030
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 05:53:01 AM

Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants
The Libra project is very dangerous because a lot of confidential information about at least a third of the world's population will be concentrated on Facebook’s private structure. It is hardly worth admitting. Therefore, the fear of world states that have taken a sharp negative position against such a project is understandable. However, in this case, the state also worries about the preservation of prices for their ordinary currencies.

HB Wallet

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:31:27 AM

Since Facebook has to deal with scandals surrounding personal data and such, I don't think there will be a lot of people put their trust in Libra completely right at first sight without being cautious of its privacy and security. Surely it will have its own community and believers, as some people may adopt this currency since it's conveniently linked with common payment systems like VISA, PAYPAL, MASTERCARD, EBAY, etc., and their business is linked with Facebook ecosystem. However, to the crypto community, it will take a long run to prove its worth or will never be accepted as it goes against the believe in decentralization.
GGmith

Activity: 394

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:50:20 AM

I think facebok coins are not decentralized or are called centralized coins or can be said they are more focused on finance and different from cryptoqurency which means decentralization or in the word investment. so the presence of Facebook coins does not mean that the future of blockhain will be threatened? that's not at all because I think the future of blockchain will continue to grow, so there's no need to worry about this.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 09:58:09 AM

If it wasn't for the popularity of FB, I don't think Libra would have become so popular, I'm not interested in studying this project at all

Mikhail.YT

Activity: 253

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:10:08 AM

Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

Libra is definitely not the future that can help us get blockchain to the next level. It does help in terms of word of mouth because of Mark and Facebook as a whole, but it doesn't provide the IT factor that will benefit the technology as a whole. I would rather go for startups that are aiming to introduce blockchain technology to different companies and are more decentralized than other projects that are in the space right now. I'm not counting Libra out but it needs to prove its worth to everyone.
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:39:51 AM

If it does go of the ground how long will it manage to last.
Without hyper-inflation wealth loss is about 2% per annum.

Well,,, Tether managed to last many years and it seems survived a few disasters and seems to be stronger than ever. I do not see why not the same for Libra, and it has even more power and more connections. It will be something for sure,,, but not the big brother coin people think it will become.

10 years = roughly 20%?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:59:21 AM

Though Libra will harm the crypto's nature in some way but overall it will do better, By the Libra coin, real mass adoption will come into crypto. Yesterday I read an article in Forbes, that Facebook's Libra coin already ahead of ETH, LTC, XRP, not BTC! I think Libra coin will lead the crypto market after Bitcoin, but honestly, we don't want it.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit