Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Libra the future anyone wants?  (Read 1330 times)
zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 02:02:06 PM

With Libra is not so simple and straightforward. The main problem is the US laws. I think few people will agree to support the cryptocurrency which in the future will be able to compete with the dollar.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 06:29:18 PM

From my perspective, the future of libra coin is gloomy, taking cognisance of the fact that the cryptocurrency emanates from the United States where the government is very strict about the support of cryptocurrency. I also read there's a bill in the United States Parliament which is bent on imposition of fines to companies like fsc

With millions of Facebook users around the world, Libra Coin has the biggest chance of being besides Bitcoin. If 10% of Facebook users have Libra Coin, the market cap value can reach trillions of dollars and this will attract many investors to the cryptocurrency market.
Exactly why, dare to explain?
Are you one of those "investors" who pays in dollar to get a dollar minus exchange fees?

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 07:45:43 PM

Libra is a stable coin, I will love to use it to send and receive money from friends and family and trade it against the bitcoin if trad-able but will never ever use it as a store of value. I rather use the bitcoin alongside any other good altcoins. 
gunhell16

Activity: 1736
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 08:20:06 PM

Libra might have a good future in this cryptocurrency community and many will buy the hype of this project.
But for everyone wants? i don't think so, But we can never tell that. we should wait for more development from the team.
But i will tell now! NOT ALL WANTS THIS LIBRA!

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
[/tr
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 08:27:27 PM

So far, we have only seen so much hype on Libra coin and it seems the hype is now dwindling.
At first, the news was almost allover, but I rarely see much about it and that is to tell you that some people are already losing interest it. The team also seem to be relaxing. Perhaps it us the marketing team that is not functioning well as supposed.
muhhentuhhen

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:02:17 AM

Bitcoin is the future, I don't want Libra for our future. Ethereum only 13 percent, Bitcoin 60-65 percent and Libra already 20 percent popular in USA after a research. I want Bitcoin because Bitcoin has full freedom to use.

Libra, the new coin from Facebook accelerated the development of the cryptocurrencies industry by several years. Leading cryptocurrency exchange Binance plans to launch the Venus project, an independent regional version of Libra.

For those familiar with astrology, the new project has a very “talking” name - the planet Venus has a very serious influence on Libra (the sign of Zodiac).
rincoeng1986

Activity: 574
Merit: 25

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 06:32:11 AM

Bitcoin and eth are still potential assets for the future rather than Libra, because as far as I know Libra is designed as stable in price and Libra are more focused as a means of payment rather than investment assets and to make Libra a personal asset,would be very risky because it is moving stable  of course there cannot benefit us in the future.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 03:57:24 PM

First of all, Facebook launching its digital coin called Libra is uncertain as the matter is not approved by the US. And another thing is that many people want to keep Libra if it is launched irrespective the coin going against decentralism. So I think Libra will have a great impact in the market.
Libra is just simply a utility coin and I think that it has not intention of replacing the United State dollar, and Mark Zuckerberg will also not create was not agreed and signed as treaty, for there to be a replacement of US dollar, a treaty must have been signed after an agreement has been concluded.

In the case of Facebook, who will approve it when there is not general agreement of the world financial institutions for him to do so which I believe that Facebook is only just creating a utility coin that will be used in its platform, and maybe could also serve as store of value that will increase over time as people make use of the Facebook platform for business purposes which will make the demand for the coin to become very high and often.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:59:23 PM

Libra has raised fears about the future of blockchain mainly because it goes against everything the community wants and believes in: decentralization.

Facebook could ultimately create a massive closed-loop revenue model from ads, digital marketplace, to payments. Do consumers want to bet on the status quo of existing monoliths?

https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

Libra is definitely not the future for cryptocurrencies that I would like to see. In general, the existence of such projects as Libra seriously undermines the very idea of creating cryptocurrencies. But unfortunately is a future that we cannot escape ...

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[btc]YSG

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:02:08 PM

Libra is the future nobody wants or could ever wish for, Libra has model for cryptocurrency will have the blockchain compromised and all the benefits that comes using the blockchain doesn't exist with Libra.

◀ ▲ ▶  WE are GAMERS and we know what Gamers WANT  ◀ ▲ ▶
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰    ❘ ❙ ❚   eSports.com   ❚ ❙ ❘    ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ (http://esports.com/)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 10:15:53 PM

Facebook, Binance, Wallmart and who is the next who wants to overtake the bank industry and make payments worldwide for the first time. But why they want? We already have a solution - Bitcoin, a solution that will survive all bans and regulations.  Tongue

Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 11:45:13 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Libra is the name of the blockchain, and Calibra is the name of the company. I see the Facebook team wants to build a Blockchain and coins that have coin capacity levels into global currencies. I think this is not much different from the blockchain that we are currently using. Maybe the Libra name is popular more quickly because it has a Facebook team. For the truth of this we have not found. Perhaps the strength of Libra is that it is easier to recruit investors compared to Bitcoin in the past. Bitcoin is formed from the ground up, whereas Libra has already been there Facebook as a strong foundation.
If Facebook is really building a blockchain, then I think that they are already digging their grave already, except maybe they will regulate the blockchain and any project that will want to come through their chain, because we can see what is happening to Ethereum right now.

Whatever blockchain that Facebook is building will be very similar to the services of Ethereum also and if that is the case, they will surely affect the existence of Ethereum because many people will migrate to their blockchain being that they are very popular already and people will get to know about projects through them than any other blockchain services company but we will still end up having shit projects more through them through the billions of users that they have except maybe they will regulate theirs.
If indeed the Libra Blockchain only copies and pastes from existing projects such as the Ethereum and Bitcoin Blockchain, it means that the use of the Libra Blockchain is not much different from the current one. So, there is nothing superior here. See some new blockchain after Bitcoin and Ehereum. Blockchain is much lower quality than Ethereum and Bitcoin. I think there is something new created by Libra, so that it attracts the interest of small investors. If only those who invest in Libra only popes have millions of dollars. Meaning Libra has no global impact.

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:03:33 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2019, 03:00:18 PM by ðºÞæ

A rigged game that is what everyone wants? I don't think so.

So a private company (Facebook) which been found guilty of data mishandling is confirming, validating and can see every transaction of another private company (lets say Jeff's Locksmith) or private person (judge, solicitor, clerk, cashier, officer....... ) who has never in life done anything wrong, but (Jeff's Locksmith) can not see anything the other private company (Facebook) is doing.

It the same as playing poker, one holding the cards facing him, the other player must have its cards face up, that's a rigged game, a scam, the one how must show its face can not possible win.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 07:43:20 PM

Wink Yah, but U.S govement doesn't want to make new money. How to compare Libra with Us dollar?

No one can think about it. So, Facebook must stop their project. No hope to this way.

If the project is stopped it will be the greatest failure in history. I guess Facebook will do everything to launch Libra. By design, the coin should be an alternative to cash, credit cards, and bank transfers. Interestingly, in his rather lengthy message, Zuckerberg never called Libra cryptocurrency. It means that he is a very smart guy that managed to foresee the possible problems with gov.
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 09:59:55 PM

A rigged game that what everyone wants? I don't think so.

So a private company (Facebook) which been found guilty of data mishandling is confirming, validating and can see every transaction of another private company (lets say Jeff's Locksmith) or private person (judge, solicitor, clerk, cashier, officer....... ) who has never in life done anything wrong, but (Jeff's Locksmith) can not see anything the other private company (Facebook) is doing.

It the same as playing poker, one holding the cards facing him, the other player must have its cards face up, that's a rigged game, a scam, the one how must show its face can not possible win.

I guess Mark Zuckerberg is not really the right person to entrust the large blockchain ecosystem with to manage and play with because of his antecedents to pray on unsuspecting individuals for his financial gains. His marred integrity from selling users private data is one of the subtle strong obstacles in his way of launching the Libra coin. How he scales through is what I will be watching out to see

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
lixer

Activity: 2548
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:19:43 AM

If indeed the Libra Blockchain only copies and pastes from existing projects such as the Ethereum and Bitcoin Blockchain, it means that the use of the Libra Blockchain is not much different from the current one. So, there is nothing superior here. See some new blockchain after Bitcoin and Ehereum. Blockchain is much lower quality than Ethereum and Bitcoin. I think there is something new created by Libra, so that it attracts the interest of small investors. If only those who invest in Libra only popes have millions of dollars. Meaning Libra has no global impact.
There are so many projects like that already that all they do is copy paste those project and claim to have a better platform than them, but where are they now, they still could not compete with those coins at all, and if Facebook does that, believe me that they will not get anywhere, if they were even going to copy and paste, they should clone the entire system of bitcoin, but would they ever want to give up their power.

They should have also created a decentralized coin like bitcoin, and we will then know that Facebook is really more concerned about the solution they are bringing to people’s challenge and not just the money that they are after. Well, I don’t see any future for Libra because I already heard that the prime minister of France already condemned the project.

shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:28:47 PM

I don't see special about Libra coin, for me it is just simple stable coin. If Libra coin is launch maybe I use it for transferring funds if the transaction fee is low.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:37:05 PM

LIBRA really has a great hype, everyone talks about it and most people wants to ride the hype.
While some countries are being threatened as this early stage and announcing that LIBRA is banned on their territory.
Cryptocurrency is moving forward while many governments dont want it.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:38:44 PM

I am not very interested in Libra coins, although they have large partners and many crypto users are waiting for the launch of their program but I personally am not so interested or worried about them, I think the Lybra coins are centralized and cannot be decentalised like other cryptoqurrency.

The3max

Activity: 317

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:22:17 PM

Although Facebook grows worldwide, it generates huge profits every year from advertising and marketing. However, the release of Libra not everyone wants to own. The Libra is a fixed currency at the USD exchange rate, with no major fluctuations. Therefore it is not attractive to investors

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: