Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 02:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Jerky with bitcoins in store  (Read 1578 times)
doof (OP)

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:46:14 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong board, but I would like to announce in what we think is an Australia first.  The brick and mortar store “Jim’s Jerky” is now taking Bitcoins payment!  Its great to see business owners like Matt having the courage to take Bitcoins.  These are the guys that will take Bitcoin into the mainstream.

Get down to Westfield at Carindale Queensland.   Thanks Coinkite for their excellent customer support.  Official launch this Friday 21st March, from 11am.

http://www.bitcoinbrisbane.com.au/buy-your-jerky-with-bitcoins/
lorix

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:21:12 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong board, but I would like to announce in what we think is an Australia first.  The brick and mortar store “Jim’s Jerky” is now taking Bitcoins payment!  Its great to see business owners like Matt having the courage to take Bitcoins.  These are the guys that will take Bitcoin into the mainstream.

Get down to Westfield at Carindale Queensland.   Thanks Coinkite for their excellent customer support.  Official launch this Friday 21st March, from 11am.

http://www.bitcoinbrisbane.com.au/buy-your-jerky-with-bitcoins/

Went down today and surprised the poor girl behind the counter. The Coinkite POS terminal was setup and ready to go but apparently this was the first public transaction they had ever done. Anyhow, she got the boss (Matt) on the phone who guided her through the steps at their end. From an end user perspective the terminal printed out a QR code which scanned on my smartphone with the payment amount. I confirmed the payment and after several moments the POS terminal printed out a confirmation receipt.

All up a very smooth process, and excellent jerky might I add! Hopefully the media can be present at the official launch this coming Friday so the general public can see just how easy using Bitcoin can be!

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
cosmofly

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:28:58 AM

lol idiots spending bitcoins, u think u r hip and trendy when u do it, what advantage did u get other than feeling geeky nerdy and delusional self satisfaction.

lorix

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:43:59 AM

lol idiots spending bitcoins, u think u r hip and trendy when u do it, what advantage did u get other than feeling geeky nerdy and delusional self satisfaction.

How about respect and support for a business bold enough to pioneer the adoption of Bitcoin as a mainstream payment method in my local community.

Or put it this way - that coin you created - SUPERCOIN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397562.msg4292711

So based on your logic anyone wanting to adopt that coin who thinks they are hip and trendy but are really just deluding themselves as well?

Just because something isn't your idea doesn't make it any less valid. We are all in this together and should be showing support for each other.

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
jadehorse

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:51:28 AM

I like to read news like this, it means more and more business companies are getting more progressive
MP5KU

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:25:02 AM

Damn.
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:59:00 AM

Thanks Lorix.  Yeah matt swapped his shift to Saturday so we could set him up.  Great though the girl sorted it out!  And thanks for supporting him too.

First of many stores in Brisbane I hope!
doof (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:00:00 PM

How about respect and support for a business bold enough to pioneer the adoption of Bitcoin as a mainstream payment method in my local community.

Or put it this way - that coin you created - SUPERCOIN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397562.msg4292711

So based on your logic anyone wanting to adopt that coin who thinks they are hip and trendy but are really just deluding themselves as well?

Just because something isn't your idea doesn't make it any less valid. We are all in this together and should be showing support for each other.

Well said too.  The idea of Bitcoin is a currency, so um, you need to spend it.
crazynoggin

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

Bitcoins are a currency, if people were not spending them, then there would be no reason to value them at such a high price. I wish I was in Austrailia, because I probably would be headed out to buy some jerky right now haha!

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:56:43 AM

Jerky huh xD

Well I guess it is nice there are more and more companies doing it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: