Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:01:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOMO is not good at all times!  (Read 832 times)
masterrex (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:43:13 AM

Im doing day trading in a big and very popular exchange. when im starting to trade in the particular token. the green candles is going crazy filling up and because i was not ready at that time i feel the FOMO thats why i buy too until my internet connection has a problem thats why its lagging. for a minute when i refresh it. the price was dump already and followed by red candlestick i was left a bag holder. since i have no choice i have to sell it at losing price. ive learned that FOMO was not good at all times. What are causes of this??
Adya

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:19:01 AM

patiens is the key for good life, big profits etc. fomo iterrupt all of these goods. you stop to think with fomo and usually make mistakes.

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:50:31 AM

if you are having problems with your trading in a way that a simple internet connection for a very short amount of time makes you lose money (get dumped on) then it means your trading strategy is wrong and you are entering that shitcoin way too late.
you should try to go in those pumping shitcoins when they are starting to get pumped not when they are already done pumping! obviously by then it is already too late.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:10:11 AM

Trading has its own risk, yet we need to learn to strategy, there are lots of reading materials available in the internet about FOMO that it is not really good to ride in it, if you dont know the game of daily trading, still patience is the key to earn profits, its a matter of patience.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
mikelsmith2020

Activity: 215
Merit: 99

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:18:54 AM

You shouldn't have sell your coins and just waited for it to recover at what percent loss you've sell your coins? You also considered your analysis and patterns before selling it might be a bull trap but still there's a chance that it will continue, Market is volatile and we should be really careful on choosing a coins since some of them are fake pumping

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████.
UP
TO20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK
████   ████│█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄.
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:21:20 AM

It's not about fomo but you are taking the wrong time to buy, you are actually buying when the price is getting pumped and then you are getting dumped after the whales have created a bulltrap.
Just remember to buy when it was dipping and not pumping.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 12:40:55 PM

Im doing day trading in a big and very popular exchange. when im starting to trade in the particular token. the green candles is going crazy filling up and because i was not ready at that time i feel the FOMO thats why i buy too until my internet connection has a problem thats why its lagging. for a minute when i refresh it. the price was dump already and followed by red candlestick i was left a bag holder. since i have no choice i have to sell it at losing price. ive learned that FOMO was not good at all times. What are causes of this??
I think you are already making mistake. If you are sure that the team of coin you have are still very active and if there are lots of upcoming updates onboard, you should hodl even while at loss. Wait for a better time and better opportunity. Also, if you mean to become a trader or an investor, then you should find something to do to your internet connection.
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM

I met the case like you and now still have my fomo mentality less. fomo psychology is something that most of us will encounter at the beginning of the transaction, it also explains why the majority are always losers, only very few people make money with the crypto market. So it is important to learn to control emotions, avoid running after the crowd.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 12:54:01 PM

Now when Bitcoin falls down is a time for buying more. Do dollar cost average strategy instead of FOMO (no strategx) and in a long time period you will be in a profit.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
cryptocompares

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:16:48 PM

I have a very big fomo started recently when I saw that I once sold egretia exactly 70 times cheaper than it is now. Very bad condition.
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:19:40 PM

FOMO is just a common problem to everyone because when they invest so much on a particular project and goes a sudden no updates or the admins are not active it make to goes to FOMO mode. Also filling your bag with btc, eth or decent coins on the market that goes a sudden rise of the prices or crashing down so hard can also create FOMO. Indeed FOMO is not good at all times
The3max

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:23:52 PM

fomo will be good for a long-term investor (holder). But for traders, with some currencies, is a worry. It is possible that the highest price today will be the highest price in a long time. Meanwhile traders use trading orders every day

ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 01:39:09 PM

if you are engaged in day trading then you should just use stop loss to avoid the risks of negative fomo. this is the only way to be safe

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 05:02:06 PM

Nowadays, day trading is very dangerous. you can stay for a long time in some kind of altcoin. Now I prefer to wait a bit before trading

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:03:14 PM

A lot of traders, most especially those who work in group go about shilling making FOMO about what they want to sell. Even team members of the coin in question also do that. It is left for someone who intends to invest in it, to know when to come in.
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:30:46 PM

Most times, when fomo is high and driving virtually everyone around us, that's the time to play safe and be patient. That we missed an entry point doesn't mean we won't see another if not in that coin, then in another. The ability to resist fomo is one of the characteristics of a good trader.

CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:52:23 PM

Fomo is actually bad. Good traders or investors don't do that because they know how to control their emotions. When I started out newly as a trader, I chased green candles in ripples, Xrp thinking it will head to 10usd but I ended up buying the top  at 3$

bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:19:24 PM

I think fomo nothing but a trap which has held many traders captive of a coin they never wish to hold. When we throw caution to the wind and do what we feel is right so as not to miss out; the chances of getting trapped due to fomo is always high. In my own opinion, it is better to exit the market once that feeling sets in and wait for another time as it will save us a lot.

Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:37:20 PM

That's a big mistake you'll do, you been caught into FOMO and you been out of your strategies. Supposedly you hold but it is done already and no other way to bring it back unless you do trades again. But you'll keep it doing again, I suggest to stop and trading isn't the right place for you. 
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 10:50:13 PM

Of course FOMO is not good, it's better to buy low and sell high, fomo buying usually lead to loss because the sellers are those who are taking profit from the low entry they had.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: