Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox stolen coins for sale?????  (Read 4591 times)
end_the_fed (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:23:05 AM

guys what just happened to me is incredible
on IRC a guy proposed me to sell his bitcoins for $275 each (when market price is over $600), I thought this was a scammer but he told I can buy small sums to start with.

so I him send $27,5 for 0.1 btc and a while after he sent me the 0.1 BTC, I'm a complete risk-taker so I jumped in and bought 50 BTC at once (I know this is extremely stupid and I don't suggest anyone to ever do that) but then after paying the sum, I received just a few minutes ago 50 BTC!!!!
I aksed some stuff to the guy and he told me he can sell anyone any amount of coins they want, I asked him how much does he have and why sell the coins half their price?Huh he told me he has hundreds of thousands of coins to liquidate but he sells them to make immediate profit and to not be registered on the exchanges. he told me he can only send transactions of 50 BTC at once also.

I bought the coins and I'm happy for such profit but I still feel bad, I find it strange that someone sells bitcoins that low???
I am pretty sure that these coins were stolen and I'm thinking are these mtgox coins? who could have so much coins and sell them to random people at half their price? you wouldn't do that if you acquired your coins legally.

what do you think of that? I hope he doesn't sell much coins because if these coins were stolen from mtgox this is a very serious matter.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soulpowered

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:30:28 AM

What a cute method to scam people that you made up here. Roll Eyes
Hans0

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:31:18 AM

So why did you stop buying?
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:34:49 AM

We need your full name and street address and the  wallets sending the coins and the wallet you received them to.

Getting this guy is high priority. If you don't come forward FBI will find you.
end_the_fed (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:43:17 AM

I don't sell bitcoins, reread the post, someone sold me these!
So why did you stop buying?
because I was scared it could be the real thing and spending $14000 for bitcoins was already too much for me

We need your full name and street address and the  wallets sending the coins and the wallet you received them to.

Getting this guy is high priority. If you don't come forward FBI will find you.

what the hell? I didn't steal anything.
I can give the username and irc channel but I will only give it to people who want to really investigate, I also lost bitcoins on mtgox and trust me I don't want people to buy my own bitcoins, I only bought 50 BTC which is my limit and it covers some 70% of my mtgox losses.
I want this guy denounced to the authorities if he did steal the coins but I didn't do anything, i don't disclose my details here
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:48:48 AM

You are to your own knowledge buying others peoples stolen property, that's a crime in any country.
Soulpowered

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

I carefully read your post. My guess is that you try to get people to buy from this IRC contact which is a sockpuppet of you. Wink
end_the_fed (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:56:56 AM

You are to your own knowledge buying others peoples stolen property, that's a crime in any country.
no
First. I didn't know these were stolen coins
Second. We still don't know if they are really stolen, I'm just speculating here, I'm just wondering who would sell hundreds of thousands of bitcoins sub 300?
Third. if it's really a theft what do you want me to do? send back the 50 btc and don't get the cash back? so that the hacker will be able to sell more bitcoins to other people?
you are trying to accuse me but I can't do anything in this situation anymore
the only thing I can is denounce the username of the guy and the irc channel to authorities, but I'm not sure because :
- do you think authorities will care? bitcoin isn't a currency in my country and I can't tell I was scammed because I did receive the coins
- the hacker was probably hiding with tor or something or using an infected computer

I carefully read your post. My guess is that you try to get people to buy from this IRC contact which is a sockpuppet of you. Wink
no I am not that is why I will not disclose irc details and username of the guy, I will only give that to authorities or people who are able to do something about it
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:15:30 AM

Show us the address containing the 50 BTC you bought and a signed message proving you control this address.

Otherwise this is just a bullshit / scam story.
theonegilly

Activity: 106

Your Pool Your Way - Admin

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:26:32 AM

Yes, Tell us your address with the 50.1 BTC then maybe just maybe its legit

[Multi-Coin][Auto-Switch] Your Pool Your Way - http://yourpoolyourway.eu
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 10:38:14 AM

Dumb newb, come up with a better story. Or at least try a little harder when you're trying to scam someone.

Go ahead, post the transaction ID of the 50 btc you just bought.

Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

Lol date registered, 9:09:43 today.  First post 15 minutes later.  0/10 on trolling.
end_the_fed (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:49:00 PM

Show us the address containing the 50 BTC you bought and a signed message proving you control this address.

Otherwise this is just a bullshit / scam story.
Yes, Tell us your address with the 50.1 BTC then maybe just maybe its legit
Dumb newb, come up with a better story. Or at least try a little harder when you're trying to scam someone.

Go ahead, post the transaction ID of the 50 btc you just bought.
You guys threaten to have the feds after me because I bought and you think I will give you my address so you can track my bitcoins?
If I could give back the BTC and have my cash back I would, you guys are funny if you did that mistake would you send back the coins to the hacker? hypocrites  Angry Angry Angry

How do I delete my account from this board? and delete all the data/logs associated with it?

Bill Bisco

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:52:45 PM

Fake anger.  Lol scammer.

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
theonegilly

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:11:03 PM

Im asking for your BTC address so i can see if you do have 50.1 BTC.. i dont give a shit if its from mtgox i just want to see if you have the coins you claim to have.. PM me if you wish..

theonegilly

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:12:21 PM

The dude isnt scamming.. he isnt asking for anything for anyone apart from there opinion on why he supposedly got 50.1 BTC for half the price they are worth

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

The dude isnt scamming.. he isnt asking for anything for anyone apart from there opinion on why he supposedly got 50.1 BTC for half the price they are worth

Oh, but I bet some dumbass will ask something from him, like the contact of the dude who sold him the bitcoins... Roll Eyes
theonegilly

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

Oh, but I bet some dumbass will ask something from him, like the contact of the dude who sold him the bitcoins... Roll Eyes

True true but they are just a dumbass fullstop

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:53:38 PM

^ I'll bet people have already asked him that. Lets see who ends up getting scammed.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:40:01 PM

So apart from the obvious, you are saying... after a small test trade, you sent $14k to an anonymous person without escrow?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: