Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:55:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox stolen coins for sale?????  (Read 4592 times)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:16:12 PM

guys what just happened to me is incredible
on IRC a guy proposed me to sell his bitcoins for $275 each (when market price is over $600), I thought this was a scammer but he told I can buy small sums to start with.

so I him send $27,5 for 0.1 btc and a while after he sent me the 0.1 BTC, I'm a complete risk-taker so I jumped in and bought 50 BTC at once (I know this is extremely stupid and I don't suggest anyone to ever do that) but then after paying the sum, I received just a few minutes ago 50 BTC!!!!
I aksed some stuff to the guy and he told me he can sell anyone any amount of coins they want, I asked him how much does he have and why sell the coins half their price?Huh he told me he has hundreds of thousands of coins to liquidate but he sells them to make immediate profit and to not be registered on the exchanges. he told me he can only send transactions of 50 BTC at once also.

I bought the coins and I'm happy for such profit but I still feel bad, I find it strange that someone sells bitcoins that low???
I am pretty sure that these coins were stolen and I'm thinking are these mtgox coins? who could have so much coins and sell them to random people at half their price? you wouldn't do that if you acquired your coins legally.

what do you think of that? I hope he doesn't sell much coins because if these coins were stolen from mtgox this is a very serious matter.

Blockchain proof and IRC logs or didn't happen
grbox2001

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:43:43 PM

The person can point to any blockchain transaction that matches the amounts. IRC logs? What do you want him to do upload it to pastebin? Those would be even easier to fake. The OP is almost for sure in on the scam.

Oh guys I just found a way to buy bitcoins at less than half price. I didn't buy more because I ran out of money. Hello! Sell the cheap coins you just bought and repeat. Oh no, I mean I didn't buy more coins because I realized it was wrong. So I posted this message on bitcointalk so other people could find out about it... yeah.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:56:50 PM

The person can point to any blockchain transaction that matches the amounts. IRC logs? What do you want him to do upload it to pastebin? Those would be even easier to fake. The OP is almost for sure in on the scam.

Oh guys I just found a way to buy bitcoins at less than half price. I didn't buy more because I ran out of money. Hello! Sell the cheap coins you just bought and repeat. Oh no, I mean I didn't buy more coins because I realized it was wrong. So I posted this message on bitcointalk so other people could find out about it... yeah.

Point taken.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:55:52 PM

So apart from the obvious, you are saying... after a small test trade, you sent $14k to an anonymous person without escrow?

That's some balls right there!  Roll Eyes
end_the_fed (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:07:55 PM

So apart from the obvious, you are saying... after a small test trade, you sent $14k to an anonymous person without escrow?

I know sometimes I do stupid things, this time it was throwing 14k to some hacker, and before that it was buying 500 goxcoins at 0.04 each.
but I think WU allows you have you money back if you report to them so it wasn't just throwing away
guys what just happened to me is incredible
on IRC a guy proposed me to sell his bitcoins for $275 each (when market price is over $600), I thought this was a scammer but he told I can buy small sums to start with.

so I him send $27,5 for 0.1 btc and a while after he sent me the 0.1 BTC, I'm a complete risk-taker so I jumped in and bought 50 BTC at once (I know this is extremely stupid and I don't suggest anyone to ever do that) but then after paying the sum, I received just a few minutes ago 50 BTC!!!!
I aksed some stuff to the guy and he told me he can sell anyone any amount of coins they want, I asked him how much does he have and why sell the coins half their price?Huh he told me he has hundreds of thousands of coins to liquidate but he sells them to make immediate profit and to not be registered on the exchanges. he told me he can only send transactions of 50 BTC at once also.

I bought the coins and I'm happy for such profit but I still feel bad, I find it strange that someone sells bitcoins that low???
I am pretty sure that these coins were stolen and I'm thinking are these mtgox coins? who could have so much coins and sell them to random people at half their price? you wouldn't do that if you acquired your coins legally.

what do you think of that? I hope he doesn't sell much coins because if these coins were stolen from mtgox this is a very serious matter.

I will only disclose this information to trustworthy individuals who are going to investigate, I already said I won't leave publicly my address.

Oh guys I just found a way to buy bitcoins at less than half price. I didn't buy more because I ran out of money. Hello! Sell the cheap coins you just bought and repeat. Oh no, I mean I didn't buy more coins because I realized it was wrong. So I posted this message on [Suspicious link removed]o other people could find out about it... yeah.
yes very smart move and then you will end up in jail for buying stolen coins, if I didn't worry about buying stolen coins I would not have come over this forum, I would have made a hell lot of profit and not tell anyone.

I think this is the reason the hacker cannot sell more than 50 BTC at once : http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20h0s5/someone_is_stashing_coins_coming_from_the_180k/
the hacker is moving bitcoins in 50 BTC chunks, weird  Huh
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

I know sometimes I do stupid things, this time it was throwing 14k to some hacker, and before that it was buying 500 goxcoins at 0.04 each.
but I think WU allows you have you money back if you report to them so it wasn't just throwing away

I will only disclose this information to trustworthy individuals who are going to investigate, I already said I won't leave publicly my address.

So we are suppose to trust that you got coins at half market price without any proof besides what you say...?

Yeah, right.

Nothing more to see here, move along....
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:29:51 PM

I can give the username and irc channel but I will only give it to people who want to really investigate, I also lost bitcoins on mtgox and trust me I don't want people to buy my own bitcoins, I only bought 50 BTC which is my limit and it covers some 70% of my mtgox losses.
I want this guy denounced to the authorities if he did steal the coins but I didn't do anything, i don't disclose my details here

Give your info to Olivier Janssens, whose contact info is here:
http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/
http://blog.mtgoxrecovery.com/
He claims to have retained a very good Japanese law firm to represent gox victims, many of whom have apparently already signed up via the above sites. Perhaps he will want to investigate your claim. If not, maybe he can point you in the right direction.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:43:45 PM

this forum needs a cleanup. pretty sure this newb is the same as the pretend hacker trying to protect your id docs from being 'sold' in the 20gb file by attempted extortion.

scammers are running rampant in this forum. outright disgrace.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:16:28 AM

I'm pretty sure it works like this:  scammer comes telling us how he cheaply managed to buy bitcoins off a dodgy source.  Of course, this didn't happen.  No one is stupid enough to buy 50btc after a 0.1btc 'test' transaction.  No one.  What the scammer is relying on is people privately messaging him and asking how they can get onto this great deal.  Hey, 50% off bitcoins right?  Scammer then pretends to act as the original source and fleeces his marks. 
cafminer1

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:35:30 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 04:51:15 PM by cafminer1

EDIT= My bad (...comment ...your bad, gox)

You re comparing 14,000 to 20 bucks? C mon........ :-)) Right... you re stupid, no doubt.

All this 15 mins after signing up?!? Bah ;-P
end_the_fed (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

You re comparing 14,000 to 20 bucks? C mon........ :-)) Right... you re stupid, no doubt.

All this 15 mins after signing up?!? Bah ;-P
Not 20 bucks, 20 BTC

I can give the username and irc channel but I will only give it to people who want to really investigate, I also lost bitcoins on mtgox and trust me I don't want people to buy my own bitcoins, I only bought 50 BTC which is my limit and it covers some 70% of my mtgox losses.
I want this guy denounced to the authorities if he did steal the coins but I didn't do anything, i don't disclose my details here

Give your info to Olivier Janssens, whose contact info is here:
http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/
http://blog.mtgoxrecovery.com/
He claims to have retained a very good Japanese law firm to represent gox victims, many of whom have apparently already signed up via the above sites. Perhaps he will want to investigate your claim. If not, maybe he can point you in the right direction.
I have sent an email to Oliver Janssens, see if he can help do something. Thanks!
analytics

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:26:53 PM

100% scam liar.   They would sell for minimum 520-600.  why would they sell for 250 when they would have people chomping at the bit for even 600.

It's a lie, but anyone would would buy these would now have stolen coins pointing straight to their account.  Once gox's data is exposed through court action (will take a long while), anyone who doesn't think its only a matter of time before the coins are traced is being silly.

stsbrad

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:56:25 PM

You are to your own knowledge buying others peoples stolen property, that's a crime in any country.
no
First. I didn't know these were stolen coins
Second. We still don't know if they are really stolen, I'm just speculating here, I'm just wondering who would sell hundreds of thousands of bitcoins sub 300?
Third. if it's really a theft what do you want me to do? send back the 50 btc and don't get the cash back? so that the hacker will be able to sell more bitcoins to other people?
you are trying to accuse me but I can't do anything in this situation anymore
the only thing I can is denounce the username of the guy and the irc channel to authorities, but I'm not sure because :
- do you think authorities will care? bitcoin isn't a currency in my country and I can't tell I was scammed because I did receive the coins
- the hacker was probably hiding with tor or something or using an infected computer

What a cute method to scam people that you made up here. Roll Eyes
I don't sell bitcoins, reread the post, someone sold me these!

I carefully read your post. My guess is that you try to get people to buy from this IRC contact which is a sockpuppet of you. Wink
no I am not that is why I will not disclose irc details and username of the guy, I will only give that to authorities or people who are able to do something about it

I'd bet my second born son that you are under 16 years old and a massive attention whore.
Lior A

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:28:43 PM

I signup the moment I see that .

I dont care who you are & what you want to achieve .

If what you are saying is true . the next thing that you going to do is to go the nearest police station & compliant !

I lose some hundred of US doller , but other guys lose Thousand of dollers !

GO TO THE POLICE ! NOW !

p.s - why Mt.Gox site is back online ? its secure to log in to my account ?
end_the_fed (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:17:36 PM

I mailed Oliver Janssens and got an answer from him, he told me that he knows information that shows that mark karpeles has really screwed up with bitcoins

apparently he cannot disclose information for the moment, I gave him the address and he told me he will investigate on that

I signup the moment I see that .

I dont care who you are & what you want to achieve .

If what you are saying is true . the next thing that you going to do is to go the nearest police station & compliant !

I lose some hundred of US doller , but other guys lose Thousand of dollers !

GO TO THE POLICE ! NOW !

p.s - why Mt.Gox site is back online ? its secure to log in to my account ?
bitcoin is illegal in my country, I will never go to the police and complain about that, I will end up getting arrested
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:22:07 PM

1 BTC @$250?
why so lower price, he can easily sell in $500
and where's your proof? just a story?

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Booooooo

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

Quote from: end_the_fed link

he sells them to make immediate profit and to not be registered on the exchanges

I only bought 50 BTC which is my limit and it covers some 70% of my mtgox losses.

1 simple question and 2 "stupid" observations (observation from a newbie)

question
1) How did you pay him? How the hell have transferred him about 14.000 usd as it seems in a while?

observations:
how people can believe you when
1)avoid to show any kind of proof, man be serious, what prevent someone to show btc receiver address or payment screenshoot censored?!
2)after made a conspicuous loss in mtgox you decided "suddenly" to risk further 14.000 usd to recovery from loss by rely on unknown person, over IRC, that only demonstrate you could send 0.1 btc for 27.5 usd?!

fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:38:13 AM

bitcoin is illegal in my country, I will never go to the police and complain about that, I will end up getting arrested

I'd love to go and see the volcanoes in Iceland, what are they like?

(Bitcoin is only illegal in Iceland)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_Bitcoins_by_country
hungpham

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:54:09 PM

hello guy
can you give me a little of btc after buying cheap price?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: