Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:00:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donal Trump on BitCoin and Firs EC Qualified Token Offering In The U.S History  (Read 146 times)
iam_aayushiJ (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:09:22 AM

This week in crypto two interesting and contradictory events happened.

1. Blockstack Becomes The First To Hold The SEC Qualified Token Offering In The U.S. History -

U.S. decentralization as Blockstack PBC’s upcoming token offering, Stacks (STX) has been qualified by the SEC under Regulation A+. This means under Regulation A+, the general public or the U.S. citizens can also participate in this token sale, rather than it being restricted to the accredited investors, as it was before under Regulation D. This is a huge step towards the future of tokenization, making it more transparent and secure at the same time.

2. Donal Trump Tweeted on Crypto - I am not a fan of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, which are not money, and whose value is highly volatile and based on thin air. Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity....

What are the communities take on the above two, The president of a country is against crypto (mostly he does not understand crypto) second US of A's SEC approving legal token sale.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4175

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 09:35:52 AM

More publicity achieved that's all I can say about the two event especially the US president tweet. His tweet goes to show bitcoin is getting the attention it truly deserve and it's just a matter of time before the government comes to realize that, there isn't much they can do to kill the technology.

Here's what I understand from his tweet, either he's not a fan because he doesn't understand how bitcoin works or due to his position as the president of a world power country, he can't be a fan because Trump the businessman would had love to be a fan especially if he can't make money off been a fan of bitcoin. Secondly, he considered bitcoin (cryptocurrency) not to be money because he (they) can't control/regulate bitcoin.

PS: This tweet looks too official to me and that's not like Trump so I consider all he just said to be highly influence by the fact he's the president and these are just mind games to create FUD.
acmakc12

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:40:15 AM

In my opinion, these are all empty words, he occupies a very high position and wants to use it in order to buy bitcoins! It's just FUD, he doesn't want to buy it at that price! The simplest explanation for this tweet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: