Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook's Libra vs Telegram's TON  (Read 288 times)
timcook (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:50:39 AM

Which one has you the most hyped up? This article has me leaning more toward's Telegram's even though we still haven't heard much from it...

https://cryptotradernews.com/cryptocurrency/facebooks-libra-vs-telegrams-ton/

I really like the fact that Facebook's libra will be a stable coin though... But I'm also pretty sure the US government is going to be grabbing Mr. Zuckerberg's balls all the time.

Thoughts?
cryptotradernews

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 11:01:05 AM

I'm actually leaning more toward's Facebooks. Their user base is much larger than that of Telegram's. They're also going to help introducing crypto to not so savvy people.
luigivessota

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:13:13 AM

Telegram all the way. They have proven not to be scared to fight against governments. Russia didn't kill Telegram but the US could potentially kill Facebook.
marketingnerd

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:25:25 AM

Facebook is everything but blockchain friendly. We the people who have been here since the beginning know that Facebook won't comply with satoshi's core values of anonymity and privacy.
bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:37:22 AM

As long as Zuckerberg is in charge, Libra wont succeed. Facebook needs a true businessman in charge. Zuckerberg's mission ended once he stepped out of his dorm.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:42:02 AM

Which one has you the most hyped up? This article has me leaning more toward's Telegram's even though we still haven't heard much from it...

I really like the fact that Facebook's libra will be a stable coin though... But I'm also pretty sure the US government is going to be grabbing Mr. Zuckerberg's balls all the time.

Thoughts?
Libra is not comparable with TO consider both are having a different purpose. But as you said about that the fact that US has taken a very difficult choice for facebook's first crypto because it was against the regulation.
But have you seen the first regulated ico that got A+ tier by SEC? It seems like the trend will be changing. I believe US will give permission tot he mark.
yavorcik

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 11:48:26 AM

TON has me super excited. Or HAD ME super excited. But we haven't heard squad from them in so long that I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever come out at this point. Libra has shown more in a couple months than Telegram in two years.
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 12:20:17 PM

I didn't  hear much about Telegram's TON, so it should be FB Libra which is more hype and I they have bigger influence compared to Telegram.
I'm not sure with the total number users of telegram but FB have billions of users which investors would think that Libra is a bigger and a better coin.
That having said, I still wish for the success of both as their success is also our success.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:07:05 PM

It is not a gainsaying to say that Facebook coin has the most hype. In fact, Telegram coin has not been hyped, but I do not know what might happen tomorrow, if they too will start theirs.
The early hype the Facebook coin has, is what has subjected it to some attacks. Well, both will definitely be lunched and I believe they will have their respective investors.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:53:19 PM

I personally like facebook's libra more as it will bring a storm of adoption for crypto market too but with the current events in the US it seems like even if they come up with the project it will be more like a centralized and regulated coin where govt will have all the data and control.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:01:04 PM

I think that Libra coin has much more hype, but TON is going to be a coin that would really add value to the whole industry. TON is going to be a decentralised, anonymous payment system integrated in a messenger, what can be more exciting?

In terms of anonymity, TON is no doubt the better choice than Libra. But the fanbase of facebook alone is not comparable to telegram because of its huge following. This is the reason why, Project Libra is the most hyped up project so far. Not even launched but seems that everybody is curious about it. There are about 2.38B active FB users as compared to about 200M telegram users (March 2018). So no wonder we are getting more attention of this Libra coin.

https://zephoria.com/top-15-valuable-facebook-statistics/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegram_(software)
bastian466

Activity: 1316

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:18:01 PM

If look at the number of users and their popularity, Facebook can be the winner because it is easier to do marketing with its users, so it spreads quickly throughout the world

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
whyrqa-1

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:53:29 PM

If look at the number of users and their popularity, Facebook can be the winner because it is easier to do marketing with its users, so it spreads quickly throughout the world
The network spreads a lot of information that Libra is a competitor of all cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and ethereum, and also if the libra will be a competitor even in fiat currencies.  But some analysts refute such statements and say that this is a project that will be the next payment system.
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 08:16:39 PM

Libra is not yet released but it is on the list of the Coin Market Cap. I guess, it will be very popular, although a very "hyped" coin. Telegram coin popularity will be not as great as Libra can reach. Although, we will see it when FB token is released.
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 08:31:28 PM

Facebook seems to have problems with regulators. No one wants Facebook to take on the role of banks. I think that the telegram has more chances for success in the crypto-business, because they do not conflict with the traditional banking system

omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:16:08 PM

Libra is not yet released but it is on the list of the Coin Market Cap. I guess, it will be very popular, although a very "hyped" coin. Telegram coin popularity will be not as great as Libra can reach. Although, we will see it when FB token is released.
for the ordinary person and the popularity of facebook is much higher compared with multi-billionaire company like facebook.CMC has already listed libra but this time US was preventing facebook company to issue its new crypto. it looks like FB token will never be released.
dotherightthing

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:33:26 PM

Facebook's LIBRA will be fully centralized, atleast for the first 5 years, at which they claim they will "transition" to a permissionless node system. So guess what, the only people who will run nodes are facebook and its partners which i've listed below:

Payments: Mastercard, Mercado Pago, PayPal, PayU (Naspers’ fintech arm), Stripe, Visa
Technology and marketplaces: Booking Holdings, eBay, Facebook/Calibra, Farfetch, Lyft, Spotify AB, Uber Technologies, Inc.
Telecommunications: Iliad, Vodafone Group
Blockchain: Anchorage, Bison Trails, Coinbase, Inc., Xapo Holdings Limited
Venture Capital: Andreessen Horowitz, Breakthrough Initiatives, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, Union Square Ventures
Nonprofit and multilateral organizations, and academic institutions: Creative Destruction Lab, Kiva, Mercy Corps, Women’s World Banking

Crypto people should be very firmly against LIBRA, as this will basically be all of the aforementioned companies getting rich by doing all the mining. any users buying into this system are only making the rich even richer, by trading their real FIAT in exchange for Vapor tokens from Facebook and its cronies.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:37:50 PM

Telegram all the way. They have proven not to be scared to fight against governments. Russia didn't kill Telegram but the US could potentially kill Facebook.
I like Facebook more. Because in my country, 100 people will have only a few telegram accounts, but 90% will have a facebook account.
Facebook will be a more popular electronic currency, and will be a more effective advertising tool for crypto than telegram. more people will know crypto and the 4.0 era will come faster.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 03:37:49 PM

Thoughts?
It is quite vivid to know that Facebook Libra coin will really gain enough support and usage upon its released, there might be so much hate speech around it right now, but there is one thing that I have noticed about life, that thing you feel you hate most is what you end up liking. I have heard of telegram coin proposal just once, and that was even before Facebook proposed its own coin.

I think this is the second time I will be hearing of this TON again, if telegram is wise, they better release their coin before Facebook does, or wait for Facebook to release theirs and hold on for a long time before bringing theirs because if the release date clashes, telegram may not get much support from people because of Facebook. I don’t know where U.S government really stands yet concerning Facebookcoin, we are still waiting to see as things unfold.

Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:00:22 PM

Libra has been the most hyped, when telegram was introduced it doesn't get much attention in the media and in the crypto community like libra did, personally i will give it to libra. it got attention of a lot people.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: