Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUYBACK TOKENS SOLVES DUMPING  (Read 9801 times)
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:22:43 PM

This is a really good move from a project. If a project spends 500K to 1 Million USD in buyback then that project will grow very well. The GXC coin has this plan and now their coin price is now over 2 USD! For this price backed, holders will be interested in holding not in selling. So, buyback really helps a project coin to grow forward.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:26:36 PM

The buyback mechanism really have good effect on dumpers trying to dump their tokens ,lately two projects I promoted started buying back their own token from bounty hunters or big whales who wants to sell off and move on ,the first project is miracle tele project and the buyback is already on going ,the second one is about to start and the name is CHELLE Coin, buying back tokens is a brilliant idea what do you guys think?
yes that's true,  but why some team don't do a buy back is because they don't have the money to do a buy back. They must have lied that they raised money when they actually didn't and the token prices on exchanges keeps looking bad
Buyback model tokens are not going to make a great return on the investment and the lack of the funds is not the reason teams don't want to apply this. They lie to the investors and bounty hunters but the price is not going up after completing their promise regarding the buyback.
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 06:02:39 PM

I agree with you. The only buyback can solve the dumping problem. But you know what, most of the ICO projects don't want to go through this process! Once they said it is against the rule! I don't know what rules or maybe they don't care about the investor's loss! Buyback can make a positive hype among the holders and they will hold the token tight than selling!

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:36:50 AM

Some buyback from project developers are bad idea because it wasnt planned very well and some projects buyback is nothing different from bounty hunters dumping on exchanges because they buyback at ridiculous price.
it caused by the developers have been putting various requirements to do that. If the team was putting easy requirements and the buyback method can at least solve the dump. If they have done it before the token goes to the exchange site and that will defend the price of token.

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 03:24:51 AM

Of course, buy back strategy has a good impact on the project because it is one of the means to attract investors and tell them how capable the coin can be bought back and sold at higher price in the future. This motivates long term holders as it gives them reason not to dump but hold for the higher price in future.
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 04:18:58 AM

Of course, buy back strategy has a good impact on the project because it is one of the means to attract investors and tell them how capable the coin can be bought back and sold at higher price in the future. This motivates long term holders as it gives them reason not to dump but hold for the higher price in future.
Not every project is capable of doing the buy back because not every project raise a good amount of money.

Buy back is only for those who raise a decent amount and this project has a good potential, the team has to ensure they are capable of doing the buy back and will not affect the future of the project, if the purpose of the buy back is to only avoid the dump from bounty hunters, I don't think it would work well in the long run.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 05:29:20 AM

To buy back tokens from investors or bounty hunters is really not a easy thing to do but projects that introduce buyback have pro teams and devs and the project is successful thats why they can easily afford the buyback which makes the coin or token have good price value, buying back coins  and tokens by teams actually solve dumping
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 07:48:33 AM

I took part in a bounty campaign and the team bought back tokens to prevent dumping. The stacking rewards also earned bi-weekly also prevents people from dumping the tokens and rather holding them.

hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:25:23 AM

It depends. If the team burns the tokens they earned or bought back on a regular basis (like BNB), then we should expect to see positive price movements. But if they plan to dump the tokens they bought back in the future, the buyback cannot solve anything.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:25:01 AM

the buyback program is one way to keep the price of tokens stable and foster trust in investors, but this is not the only way to avoid dumping. indeed some of the projects that carried out this program succeeded in growing the tokens they developed, but there are still many ways from developers to grow their tokens.

I agree buyback is not the only way for developers to stabilise thier token prices but it is the easiest and fastest route with little sustainability anyway because no Coin survives on just trading. Having a working product adopted in the real world is very essential

Caishen_Project

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:30:06 AM

Yes, it's actually a good idea, I know of miracle Tele, the buying back actually helped them and I think the price has stabilized now for sometime. Also fxp announced they will do some buying back soon, it will also help them as well

danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:35:28 AM

It depends. If the team burns the tokens they earned or bought back on a regular basis (like BNB), then we should expect to see positive price movements. But if they plan to dump the tokens they bought back in the future, the buyback cannot solve anything.
Quite crafty but also reasonable, but if it can be used to build prices again, then no problem. It is quite risky to hold a new token, there are only two possibilities, holding back for the sake of waiting for an uncertain price to rise, or immediately selling it before the price falls deeper. This is the importance of a good strategy from the developer. If the token listing on several profitable exchanges, I think can be a solution.

DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:51:56 AM

I think it is just for a short time increase, buyback can solve dumping, but this is just temporary, the price of the coin will go down slowly for sure, but if you believe that their project has potential then you should keep hold.

dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 11:01:57 AM

QuarkChain announced buyback program worth 25 million USD.
If you do not believe in buybacks, let watch the situation around QKC and you will see that it really works.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 11:37:38 AM

Buying back tokens is good to diminish the loss from the early dumps from bounty hunters and weak hands to avoid the dump and maintain the attractiveness of the project.
But on the other hand what would happen if the share of the team's assets would grow more and more? I suppose it could lead to some obvious manipulations.
kramat

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 11:39:39 AM

buyback will indeed have a very good effect on the project, if buyback and burn tokens, but if only buyback then it will not have too much influence on the market price

Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM

Not all forms of buybacks are well strategize, which then means they may not have real effect or influence in the price and value of the coin. Some projects that acclaim to be be doing buyback, are only doing it for few set of people, sometimes one unreal person might end up getting the price, on an exchange with very low volume, which practically means that trading will never be effective on such.
Also, if there will be a buyback for any coin, the project should have a product. Even if the product is not fully ready or that are still some developments yet to be done on it, it should at least be a minimum viable product.
In addition, a buyback should be accompanied by a serious marketing, so as to involve so many traders and investors.
Dergansion

Activity: 175

https://www.snbtoken.io/

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 03:19:13 PM

Buyback must have alot of money and then double funds.team developer must have big funds for make buybacj program when they token price go down.if they want make their price stable on market.but litle condition any developer want to buyback program..often price of token determined by trader when they hasbeen list on exchange

pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 03:29:11 PM

No doubt buyback is a good option to stabilize token price. Most of the dumpers sell their token for little profit and moveon but buy back policy enables them to hold their tokens and does not courage dumpers to dump their tokens fast. Another good idea to stable token price is "burning of tokens" at any specific time. I am holding a token called HBRS, although price of token is badly affected due to dumping but still I believe price will come back to its original ICO price as they have policy of burning a specific amount of tokens for every new user who install their app. It may take one year or more but such good policies will surely stabilizes token price someday.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 03:29:30 PM

first, I did a buyback on the ICO token that I bought. especially after the bounty distribution, because prices will fall. but now I don't do that, many new tokens are difficult to develop up after the dump. and if there are certainly very few and require a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: