Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 05:05:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Example -Preview to post  (Read 156 times)
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:22:33 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2019, 05:07:38 PM by Steamtyme

Edit Solved the problem this was referenced for using this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727100.msg17876458#msg17876458

This is a review of my experience with the M20S 65 TH miner by MicroBT. This miner is built using 12nm chips and comes with a built-in PSU. I have allowed it to run monitored for a few days to get a good baseline for power consumption. The average temperature for the environment would be approximately 27 degrees Celsius.

Real Performance VS. Advertised Performance

This model boasts an advertised efficiency of 48 W/TH or .048 J/GH @ 65TH +/- 5% drawing 3120 W +/- 10%
Real world tests came in within spec as can be seen above. I am seeing 65 TH @ 3232 W giving us an efficiency of .0497 J/GH

This is a pass for the M20S model, it delivers as promised.

Ease of use
Install

It doesn't get much easier to set up than this. You are responsible for 2 connections.
The first being the network cable which connects to Ethernet port.
The second is the power cable. The miner requires a cable with a C19 connector on the power cable.
I used a 12 gauge cable rated to 20 amps - Pictured is the supplied cable
Note you will need to ensure you have a circuit within spec for the PSU.
This means a minimum line voltage of 200V and maximum of 260V.
Confirm your particular models specs as PSU's may change.

Login and Configuration
Once you've accessed the miners IP on your network you will log in using these credentials - Username - admin, Password - admin.
Select the "Configuration" tab and then select "CGminer Configuration" from the drop down menu. Here you will enter your preferred pools information as provided by them. There is a power mode tab - Low Power function is not available at this time. I will update this if it becomes available.

Noise

This Miner is louder than anything I have run before. Using an App on my phone I received ~ 68 db near the miner on the inlet side. Readings taken from the Exhaust side were spiking as high as 78 db. A more accurate meter would be useful, but if you want to use this in a residential environment you need to consider sound proofing. It can be done as evidenced by my setup, but I would not recommend running this in a residential or home capacity without a plan for the noise.

Packaging and Physical Specs

The miner arrived in standard packaging for MicroBT miners. I saw no damage and everything felt secure as I tilted the machine to listen for loose or damaged components. It is larger and heavier than the M10's but overall has a similar appearance. See images below for unpacking.

Advertised Specs
  • Hashrate - 65 TH/S +/- 5%
  • Power Consumption - 3120 W +/- 10%
  • Efficiency - 48W/TH
  • Size: 39cm Length x 15.5cm Width x 24cm height
  • Weight - 10.75 kg
  • Operating Temperatures - -5C - 35C
  • Power Specs - 200V-240V  ** MicroBT English site rates up to 300V. I will seek clarification.

Note about the Built-in PSU - Advertised is the P21 PSU, mine appears to be a P20 model, which I will inquire about.

Manufacturer: MicroBT - https://www.microbt.com/
Distributors: PangolinMiner - https://pangolinminer.com/ ; Whatsminer - https://whatsminer.net/

My personal opinion - Overall I am pleased with this miner, and would buy another of the M20 series. It delivered on spec, and on days that have gone above 30 degrees Celsius I haven't had any issues. I am disappointed that it didn't have the Low Power mode available with this batch, and hope it will become available. On the warm days I mentioned it would be nice to have the ability to change the power mode.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 04:16:04 PM

This is a screenshot of the appearance using preview before posting. The result was the above OP.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀