Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:04:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it still profitable to run a mining pool?  (Read 226 times)
cryptotrader33 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:43:55 PM

If yes, should I start one? What altcoins would you like to be available for mining?
cryptotrader33 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:20:20 PM

up!
Krsps

Activity: 104
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 03:30:36 AM

Yes, maybe, if the electricity is cheap enough and also ,If you can fund it yourself. People are very wary, and weary...of investing in any mining projects because of the many scams. A lot of people have lost a lot of money in investing in mining projects, so I can't see people rushing out to invest in another staryeyed mining project.
cryptotrader33 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:40:20 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2019, 08:55:42 PM by cryptotrader33

@nc50lc Thank you for the info. I ended up opening a mining pool for Stash.

Just in case anyone is interested here are the connection details:

URL of mining pool: stratum+tcp://68.183.235.159:3032
Username: your_start_wallet_address
Password: anything
Pool fee: 0.01%
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:28:15 PM

It doesn't take any electricity to run a mining pool. All you do when you run a pool is basically have the wallet open and you accept shares from your miners and when a block is found your split the reward based on the equal share count for every miner. This only uses some CPU power and not much else. It might be more dependant on larger SSD and RAM depending on what type of coin pool you want to run. From what I heard Ethereum will require more resources than some new alt-coin based on a Bitcoin clone.

It used to be profitable to run these back in the day but these days people just stick to the big pools. And usually won't switch to a newer pool due to trust issues and the fact that if there aren't enough miners it will take a long time to find a block.

huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 08:14:26 AM

It doesn't take any electricity to run a mining pool. All you do when you run a pool is basically have the wallet open and you accept shares from your miners and when a block is found your split the reward based on the equal share count for every miner. This only uses some CPU power and not much else. It might be more dependant on larger SSD and RAM depending on what type of coin pool you want to run. From what I heard Ethereum will require more resources than some new alt-coin based on a Bitcoin clone.

It used to be profitable to run these back in the day but these days people just stick to the big pools. And usually won't switch to a newer pool due to trust issues and the fact that if there aren't enough miners it will take a long time to find a block.

Aye. Unfortunately a lot of the pools that invested in infrastructure to improve them have gone bust as a result, so certainly one to cost up carefully.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: