Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org Flag - Please Support  (Read 1333 times)
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 03:19:31 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2019, 10:06:10 AM by mprep

But it is one of the criteria.

Please post amount above which freewallet has to perform identity verification because of AML and CTF regulation and all criteria for which you ask users to verify identity to comply with AML/CTF regulation.

Hello,
There is no specified amount. We pay particular attention to the amounts from several thousand dollars being transferred with signs of suspicious activity.

Are they at it again?

14,000 USD worth of tokens worth frozen in this users account for 18 months?

We always encourage our users to consider which tokens we support prior to sending a transaction.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 03:45:59 PM

But it is one of the criteria.

Please post amount above which freewallet has to perform identity verification because of AML and CTF regulation and all criteria for which you ask users to verify identity to comply with AML/CTF regulation.

Hello,
There is no specified amount. We pay particular attention to the amounts from several thousand dollars being transferred with signs of suspicious activity.
Are you trying to say if there is no sign of suspicious activity you won't perform identity verification? Or?

You are avoiding to provide clear answers.

Post all criteria under which you will perform identity verification and post "several thousand dollars" using numbers.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 07:42:34 AM

Are you trying to say if there is no sign of suspicious activity you won't perform identity verification?

That is correct.

Post all criteria under which you will perform identity verification and post "several thousand dollars" using numbers.

We can list using different IP addresses and multiple transfers between accounts with subsequent withdrawals as such criteria.
At this point, we will not be able to specify exact amounts.
Our KYC policy will be reviewed and I hope to get back to this thread with more transparent information afterward.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 10:28:32 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), LoyceV (1)

If you don't mind, cite me where does it say that you are supposed to enforce KYC because of AML regulation when user's IP is changed?

Are you trying to say if there is no sign of suspicious activity you won't perform identity verification?
That is correct.

We can list using different IP addresses and multiple transfers between accounts with subsequent withdrawals as such criteria.
At this point, we will not be able to specify exact amounts.
Our KYC policy will be reviewed and I hope to get back to this thread with more transparent information afterward.
You have been asked several times already so I will take this as your final answer.

So user signs up, exchange $190K to btc, withdraw funds and according to you, if IP is the same and there are no multiple transfers - you won't perform identity verification.

So how all this complies with Hong Kong AML regulation? It does not. You stated this:

Will you admit that not all credible AML algorithms (including the software) adhere to these guidelines?

We know that thanks to our system we identified a lot of suspicious transactions, which prevented our customers from losing money. That's a mere practice.
And this:

You are playing on AML card so I will assume that you have reported lots of suspicious transactions to authorities because of AML regulation, especially because you are operating under Hong Kong's law which is part of FATF.

Is my assumption correct or wrong?  Smiley

There are no "AML cards". From time to time we have to address the legal requests of public authorities.

I am pretty sure that you have to report suspicious activities to authorities to comply with AML law, it doesn't really work on "request from authorities". Here is another useful link to read https://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/rules-and-standards/anti-money-laundering-and-counter-terrorist-financing/

Reading your posts I came to conclusion that you know nothing about AML regulations and you use word "AML" to selectively enforce KYC.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 10:38:15 AM

You have been asked several times already so I will take this as your final answer.

So user signs up, exchange $190K to btc, withdraw funds and according to you, if IP is the same and there are no multiple transfers - you won't perform identity verification.

So how all this complies with Hong Kong AML regulation? It does not. You stated this:

I am pretty sure that you have to report suspicious activities to authorities to comply with AML law, it doesn't really work on "request from authorities". Here is another useful link to read https://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/rules-and-standards/anti-money-laundering-and-counter-terrorist-financing/

Reading your posts I came to conclusion that you know nothing about AML regulations and you use word "AML" to selectively enforce KYC.

We've never posted an exhaustive list of all signs of activity that imposes us to run the AML procedure.
Just let us reiterate that most probably our policy is yet to be reviewed.

Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: