Last edit: January 11, 2012, 05:43:00 PM by Peter Lambert

Nevermind

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ovidiusoft

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 01:22:11 PM

Here is my idea: I could be your personal broker to use the client, buy/sell shares, etc. It would be as easy as this: you send btc to an address I give you, then send me an email saying which shares to buy or sell.
I am still thinking about pricing, what would be fair? I could charge 1% per transaction? Or take a percentage of profits made?

You you're just executing client instructions, then a fee per transaction. If you'll also offer advice to "i have 100 coins, what now?"-customers, then a percentage of profits.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 09:57:58 PM

Here is my idea: I could be your personal broker to use the client, buy/sell shares, etc. It would be as easy as this: you send btc to an address I give you, then send me an email saying which shares to buy or sell.
I am still thinking about pricing, what would be fair? I could charge 1% per transaction? Or take a percentage of profits made?

You you're just executing client instructions, then a fee per transaction. If you'll also offer advice to "i have 100 coins, what now?"-customers, then a percentage of profits.

That second group might as well just buy some LIF shares (Peter's funds).

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 11:18:03 PM

I think I'd invest some funds simply for the novelty of it.
I don't entirely trust the GLBSE platform yet though... So maybe in a couple of months if the site improves.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 12:52:33 AM

Though you might get some interest on this..  I would think it may be a little bit of a conflict of interest.   The potential as a fund manager to manipulate the market with fund capital in such a way that benefits your clients (thus making you commission) is there.   I would think that attracting clients to your fund via whatever means and growing the fund / issuing more shares would be what you are trying to achieve but not put you in this questionable position.  IE: You offer clients the ability to invest in your fund without having to ever touch the actual GLBSE, for 1% in and out.  Much like a mutual fund broker or something might..  Your goals don't change your priority is making the fund holders their dividend. 

You possibly have another revenue opportunity here by providing liquidity, being a market maker, making the spread.  If you gave the clients a front end that said : you have   +- X$ profit (based on closing out the posted bids right at that time).  You could have clients log into your easy to use fund portal website and liquidate with 1 click or something, or do it via e-mail, phone, etc like a traditional personal broker might. 

I think due to the volume on the GLBSE and the size of the LIF funds, this idea is probably a little ahead of its time but plan for tomorrow?  It's actually pretty interesting.. maybe something I would like to get involved in some day.

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:52:50 PM

This is a valid point about conflict of interest, I actually hadn't thought of that, but I definitely should not be giving people investment advise about the funds I run.

Curious why you say that?  Isn't that the whole idea?  Also what do you mean by "open" fund, I am not familiar?

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 08:22:39 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Peter Lambert, and I run one of the largest companies traded on the GLBSE, the Lambert Investment Funds company. Part of what I do is trade assets on the GLBSE all the time.

While I enjoy using the GLBSE, I have heard other people complain that it is hard to understand and hard to use. It can be hard to find information on the companies listed there. Passwords are used completely different from other sites, so some people have been accidently locked out of their accounts.

Thoughts?

Would you assume any liability in case you yourself screw up or glbse goes south?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 09:30:15 AM

Has anyone put any work into creating a custom client for the GLBSE? I'm not saying that there isn't the market or demand for a broker, but if the problem is with the complexity of the client(s), then perhaps it's the client itself that needs to be addressed.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 11:44:14 PM

Has anyone put any work into creating a custom client for the GLBSE? I'm not saying that there isn't the market or demand for a broker, but if the problem is with the complexity of the client(s), then perhaps it's the client itself that needs to be addressed.

The existing client isn't as bad as people say. Given the following changes were implemented, I'd even find it awesome:

• Better in-client documentation (tooltips, links to documentation), especially about the security model
  • Explanation of what the password is you enter
  • Warning or something to make clear that accounts cannot be recovered if key lost and explanation on how to back up keys
  • An integrated transaction history (sux to jump from bitcoin history to assets history to see how many of what asset where bought/sold by counting rows and guessing), maybe downloadable as csv or google datasource or something
  • Maybe some styling (although I kinda like the simplistic retro look, just not the colors)

Is the webclient opensource? If so one could fork it. I might even do it if I can find time/motivation/BTC.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 12:02:26 AM

I'm going to be listing companies on GLBSE soon. As the site grows, demand for a broker will increase. You can then expand to outside forums like talkgold, and all the hyip and investment forums where people with money that are willing have no clue about bitcoin/GLBSE but will want in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: