Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:21:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to pay token transaction fee with Token  (Read 339 times)
cryptojonathan (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 12:34:43 AM

Hello There , I found some contract in github that claim its possible to send Tokens without having ETH in your wallet, I want to send my tokens to another account and dont want to use ETH for paying fees, it will reduce the gas fee from the token amount? is there any developer who could help me to do this ?

Thanx
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:39:43 AM

That would be a great and beneficial development but I don't think it's possible for an ERC20 token since it's using an Ethereum Blockchain
The gas fee for sending eth and token is the same since they both run in the same system.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:17:37 AM

This is not possible, even if you send tokens to the address of the smart contract, you still pay a commission for gas. And if you connect a smart contract to your account, then there is a chance to lose money forever. I do not recommend it.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:32:15 AM

Maybe a lot of people will have same answer. Because we not see yet that can send token without ETH as fee. Even developer use fee to pay bounty hunter. Because if can pay with token, they wouldn't need ETH to do it and will just use their tokens.

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:25:58 AM

You can't send tokens from ETH wallet without using ETH as gas fee,this is not possible at the moment but may be possible in the future yet I doubt it because this is how erc20 smart contract was build

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:32:42 AM

Hey, sorry to say buddy but as far as I know it's not possible to use a token for paying the transfer fees in the Ethereum chain. I could be wrong here but I think paying a transfer fee using tokens is currently only possible in WAVES platform.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:20:41 AM

I haven't seen or heard of any token capable of paying transaction fees for its own, you have to use ETH as gas fee this is how erc20 tokens works out of the box
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:28:18 AM

What I often experience when sending coins from my wallet to the exchange is that my ethics fee is deducted, and until now I have not found a way how to cut the gas fee from the coins that we send, something like this is common, if indeed there is a way that the gas fee when making a transaction is taken from the number of coins then I will also try it because it's something very cool.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 06:35:43 AM

What I often experience when sending coins from my wallet to the exchange is that my ethics fee is deducted, and until now I have not found a way how to cut the gas fee from the coins that we send, something like this is common, if indeed there is a way that the gas fee when making a transaction is taken from the number of coins then I will also try it because it's something very cool.
its only can be done by coins that have its own blockchain.for example if we sending bitcoin it will reduce our bitcoin amount.another example ethereum , if we sent eth it will take our eth as transaction fee.but for derivative token its impossible to.they only could used as utility token in their ecosystem.not as gas for each transcation.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 07:25:15 AM

Hello There , I found some contract in github that claim its possible to send Tokens without having ETH in your wallet, I want to send my tokens to another account and dont want to use ETH for paying fees, it will reduce the gas fee from the token amount? is there any developer who could help me to do this ?

Thanx

This is not even possible. Even if you have some ETH in your wallet, converting the token into ETH and using that as fees will increase the total transaction fees. If something like that is in github, it's probably a scam to steal any coins you have in your wallet.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:58:28 AM

Thanx

Great idea buddy but this one like everybody says is not possible. But if Vitalik add that feature maybe it is but there is 99.9% that vitalik will add that  Cheesy. If you are on Ethereum network you need to pay some Gas that's how it works.
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:06:32 AM

I don't think it'll work. but regarding your statement, we can use your discovery to reduce the payment of the transactions but we need some real ERC-20 expert to make that happen paying it with tokens will help us a lot, especially the tokens you receive from the bounty.

But we really need to understand without needing of ETH we are no longer supporting their project and it will make the price of ETH crashed.
So we need to think if it really helps or not.
cryptojonathan (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:31:23 AM

Thanx

wow, just heard about this from you, if someone can pay a transactions fee with a token not eth
but, in my personal opinion you can't do this mate, you will always need eth in your wallet to pay the fee,,
anyway can you show me the github link, did you mean in your post above ?

https://medium.com/@chiro8x/proof-of-concept-send-erc20-standard-token-without-etherem-8bbacb911dea

Check it So

Thanx

Great idea buddy but this one like everybody says is not possible. But if Vitalik add that feature maybe it is but there is 99.9% that vitalik will add that  Cheesy. If you are on Ethereum network you need to pay some Gas that's how it works.

i Tought vitalik is no longer with ETH ...

So is there anyway to pay fees with a contract from another account and send tokens ?
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:39:59 AM

You simply can't.

Not unless the token has its own blockchain and acts as its own gas, e.g. EOS, TRX etc.

The only way to move your tokens around for free is by handing out the private key to the wallet, and importing it that way.
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:41:51 AM

Thanx

Some friends has already answered. There is no way for that simply. It may possible with only exchanges (not all of them).

Tokens are using ETH mainnet (or which network they connected. EOS, TRX, NEO...) So this networks needs fee for transaction. Miners process this transaction with fee. And if it possible then miners should have get that tokens. So ETH miners, can earn ETH from their mining activities.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:43:49 AM

Some wallets allow transactions to pay for tokens. But there are few of them. And for the hunter, they will not fit. Because we get exclusive coins. There is no way around this. So you have to pay for transactions. Do not waste time.
cryptojonathan (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:51:02 AM

You simply can't.

Not unless the token has its own blockchain and acts as its own gas, e.g. EOS, TRX etc.

The only way to move your tokens around for free is by handing out the private key to the wallet, and importing it that way.

How do you mean to import my private key which wallet or where?

Thanx

Some friends has already answered. There is no way for that simply. It may possible with only exchanges (not all of them).

Tokens are using ETH mainnet (or which network they connected. EOS, TRX, NEO...) So this networks needs fee for transaction. Miners process this transaction with fee. And if it possible then miners should have get that tokens. So ETH miners, can earn ETH from their mining activities.

So its not possible even to pay another account transaction fees with a account that Holding ETH ?
princerepon

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:21:03 AM

Thanx

I don't know is it really possible or not what are you saying. For your transaction you have to pay some fees. This is why they give their service to you. But whatever you found someting be careful because there is many people lost their money to save some penny.
terrific

Activity: 2170
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:35:23 AM

I've read an identical post that you have found out but I forgot that thread/article.
I think it's a rare case that has happened before.
Why you don't want to pay fee? it's too cheap to avoid fees.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

cryptojonathan (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:38:00 AM

I've read an identical post that you have found out but I forgot that thread/article.
I think it's a rare case that has happened before.
Why you don't want to pay fee? it's too cheap to avoid fees.

I have EOS and EOSDAC in my wallet and i lost my private key before, now everytime i send ETH to wallet to pay for fees, it will auto sending eth to another account and i cant withdraw my tokens and losing ETH too ...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: