A while back, my hive:
https://imgur.com/a/eFbvVld

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 02:52:16 AM

Are you part of the Borg collective, the hive mind?

To bee or not to bee, that is the question.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 03:58:29 AM

oh beehave  Cool

Give them sunflowers, they love those.
KimJongUnCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 82

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:44:16 AM

too much ladies,
this just gives trouble

cyl2077

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 01:02:23 PM

Wow, great, I have seen that you are about to harvest delicious honey.
KimJongUnCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 82

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 01:20:35 PM

selling honey for bitcoin ? lol

bluefirecorp_ (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 08:25:21 PM

too much ladies,
this just gives trouble

The boys are worthless though; only 10-12 of them get to mate, the rest of the time they just fly about; they don't work or contribute to the hive and are free to walk into any hive and feast.

They do get culled during winter though.

Wow, great, I have seen that you are about to harvest delicious honey.

You see nothing.

I literally just got these in nuc form. I won't have honey available for 2 years.

Didn't you just do a top level comment... already shitposting.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 08:39:20 PM

Woohoo bee buddy! I got my first hives in April this year as well. When did you get yours? I only got one hive at first and then the second a couple of weeks later after getting to see just how cool the first was. Good thing too because I had to requeen the second hive and ended up raising a new queen by transplanting a frame of eggs from the queenright hive. Knock on wood but I haven't seemed to have any issue with mites, hive beetles, or diseases yet. Going through the first summer dearth is a little nervewracking, but just gotta let the little pals do their thing I guess.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 08:45:19 PM

Woohoo bee buddy! I got my first hives in April this year as well. When did you get yours? I only got one hive at first and then the second a couple of weeks later after getting to see just how cool the first was. Good thing too because I had to requeen the second hive and ended up raising a new queen by transplanting a frame of eggs from the queenright hive. Knock on wood but I haven't seemed to have any issue with mites, hive beetles, or diseases yet. Going through the first summer dearth is a little nervewracking, but just gotta let the little pals do their thing I guess.

You're an odd one. Got pictures of your hive? What's your queen breed?

I smashed my queen trying to mark her, but at least now she can harmonize with the local bees Wink

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 10:17:18 PM

You're an odd one. Got pictures of your hive? What's your queen breed?

I smashed my queen trying to mark her, but at least now she can harmonize with the local bees Wink

Whats odd about enjoying bees with your fellow Bitcointalkgoer? My hives are Russian-Italian hybrids but I don't have a lot of photos as my hands are normally full of bees instead of phones to snap photos with, but I did grab a shot of a queen yesterday. Shes about a month old or so, so still tiny.

Did you rear a new queen after smashing when marking?
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:29:48 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2019, 08:33:18 PM by bluefirecorp_

Did you rear a new queen after smashing when marking?

She wasn't technically dead when she was smashed and I didn't want to piss off the hive further. I let nature do its thing. I'm probably just going to keep to taking photos of the lovely girl instead of trying to mark her.

I see you also went with the black foundation...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 01:07:23 AM

I've got some black, some yellow, and some of the entirely plastic frames. The entirely plastic frames are absolute junk. I would have tossed them by now, but they are frames 4/5/6 in my hive that was queenless for a few weeks, so I figured best not to mess with it for a while. I'm going to try to go foundationless next nectar flow now that I've got ~30ish frames drawn out to use as guides.

Are you using small or medium boxes? Your frames looked pretty short from the pictures.
XarXymtroa

Activity: 153
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 01:42:02 AM

So, I started keeping bees. Bee thread.

A while back, my hive:
This is a nice hive you got there.  Post a picture with your name on a piece of paper to prove it's yours .
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:35:28 AM

Are you using small or medium boxes? Your frames looked pretty short from the pictures.

Everything's mediums. 10 frame boxes.

Fuck deeps dude, seems like a good way to have to pay for back surgery.

A while back, my hive:
This is a nice hive you got there.  Post a picture with your name on a piece of paper to prove it's yours .

nou.

I stole the image from /u/bluefirecorp off reddit /s

My grandfather keeps bees, they love him

My bees are friendly, I wouldn't say they love me though. I kill about 300 every few weeks for varroa testing.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:55:36 AM

Everything's mediums. 10 frame boxes.

Fuck deeps dude, seems like a good way to have to pay for back surgery.

Hehe, I'm running three deeps per hive and using a medium as a honey super. I'll tell you, no matter how strong you are, there is no human comfortable lifting a 130 lb box full of stinging insects. I might switch over to mediums at some point but that'd be when I have 6 hives with each of my current deeps as the box on the bottom board that doesn't need to be moved. Can't have good equipment going to waste! Maybe next year  Tongue

What is it with friendly bees? I get into my hives without smoking them when I'm not going in for a full inspection, and have yet to have a problem. I've heard about hot hives where the bees become a problem but I just can't picture it (and hope that I'll never have to)
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:04:03 AM

What is it with friendly bees? I get into my hives without smoking them when I'm not going in for a full inspection, and have yet to have a problem. I've heard about hot hives where the bees become a problem but I just can't picture it (and hope that I'll never have to)

I was at a different hive location recently and those ladies were evil bastards. Kept going for the face even when I walked 30 ft away from the hive. They stayed at it until I got a smoker lit.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:07:56 PM

That is a good idea lol! Honey for bitcoin will be a good business to do and for some of us that wish to trade honey for bitcoin you can contact me . I am not into honey farm but I have a friend that is into that and you can buy honey in large quantities from his farm and in turn I will convince him to accept bitcoin as a payment method.
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 08:12:06 PM

So, I did a hive inspection yesterday.

I didn't do a varroa count. Too hot to treat with mite-away quick strips.

Waiting for the weather to cool down a bit Sad

SamHalker

Activity: 38
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 09:05:30 PM

A while back, my hive:

Nice. My uncle also kept bees for a while (few months only) but he couldn't manage it all alone and decided to stop. This was somewhere around the year 2015, if i recall.
Btw, i might still have a click of that somewhere on my old hard-drive, if i manage to find it i will surely share it here, they look very nice like the one's you shared here.

I think this requires a good amount of dedicated attention.

Well nice clicks you have over there i have just saved all those images from the link that you shared.

Do keep this thread updated with any new clicks that you are planning to share in the upcoming days.

Cheers  Smiley
bluefirecorp_ (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 09:14:36 PM

Do keep this thread updated with any new clicks that you are planning to share in the upcoming days.

Thirsty ladies:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: