Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEO vs ICO my opinion, tell me yours  (Read 5114 times)
aditasetia123

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 03:17:50 AM

Personally i do feel safe while investing in a binance launchpad IEO than investing in any random ico i just feel more relaxed and confident and im sure that im not going to waste my money in a fake project because binance has highest level of due diligence, research and filters to avoid bad projects so they will list only the best projects and that is something the investors want.

Binance offers security funds for its investors. The IEO held by binance is always in demand because the price always increases many times when it starts trading and this is what makes many investors scramble to participate in the IEO held by binance
binance IEO launchpad has good system for investors.every person has limitation if they want to participate , so there is no big holder in market except they make consortium with other investors and make multiple account on there.IEO  in binance believed could give huge profits for each investors.
they have lottery system that could not make each investors participate in IEO.from this system ,investor psychology was made to feel that he had great luck if he managed to get a lottery. and of course he will not sell coin from this opportunity at a cheap price...
and this system hype now in IEO.platform that used this system has good quality projects and mostly success after listing in market.IEO sold in hours and after traded its price rise more than 3x.if each IEO platform consist with their system i am sure IEO will stay longer.
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 03:43:50 AM

ICO and IEO are basically the same for me but the marketing methods are different.
I look more at the ideas and teams in the project.
it will be different if the IEO is made by binance because this exchange has proven its quality.
As for many ICOs that were successful this year. so I don't think it makes any difference between IEO and ICO.
I agree. the success of a project cannot be ascertained only by the marketing strategy of ico or ieo. In fact, many IEOs have failed because the price has not increased after the trading schedule was officially opened. another case if Ieo is implemented in a global market such as binance. So, the success of Ieo and Ico is influenced by many aspects, both of which have their own advantages and disadvantages, a good project strategy is the key.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 04:26:07 AM

For those that have been around in the Cryptocurrency market for a pretty long time the question to invest in IEOs or ICOs has been the main discussion point in 2019.
For some especially on “bitcointalk” it is clear that they won't invest in IEO anymore. After I have followed lots of discussion on bitcointalk i realized that people have moved on. It is a clear that people invest in IEOs as the platforms will evaluate the projects and give the investor the feeling of security.
Nevertheless i have observed a trend. The numbers in the ICO market have been declining but stayed fairly stable in 2019. The main reason for moving on to IEOs was the astonishing amount of scams that had flooded the market, since it was easy to make a lot of money.
This move to IEOs has something good. I believe that as harder it gets to hold an ICO as more the projects have to do to convince potential investors. Scammers want easy money and my hope is that the ICO market will come back slowly. Projects that will hold an ICO have to invest more time to convince people.
I sadly had to accept that those who scammed investors destroyed the dream of projects with little money that have great ideas. To hold an ICO and build a community of investors around it is a great way to fund your project without going to big VC firms. Unfortunately those you scammed investors destroyed the ICO market till now and it will take a lot of time to recover.
I have accepted that IEOs are currently the way to fund a project. The only thing that worries me is the power we give those exchanges. Is it really god idea to give that much power to exchanges in the cryptomarket.
Please let me know your thoughts. I am looking forward to good feedback & discussions.
To stay tuned for more just follow me;)

https://medium.com/@marianmertes

IEO is indeed better for investment than ICO. The reason is that we can get coins directly from the exchange. However, this is not all the IEO is running as expected. I do not want to deny what you say. But I experienced the price of IEO coins after listing in exchange. the coins also drop, even losing the sale value.

I do agreee their are pro & Cons
Yes, indeed this is often the case. Simply put, before the coin can trade in an exchange (no deposit), the coin has a high price. After we deposit the coin, then the price of the coin falls immediately. Even the price can't last a month. Huh Huh Huh
It caused by those how have bought at IEO already dumped it to get the money before people from the outside will try to dump it immediately. Those guys who bought at IEO think the price will be dumped because more coin will be entering the market.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:28:22 AM

You have to first of all consider their level of success in these IEO first, and also consider If they are really doing their due diligence like Binance before accepting any project on IEO, otherwise, we will still end up having greater percentage of projects that are scam in the market.

The real concept behind IEO is not just to register them and promote them, they could have as well still use other avenue to promote their project, but the concept of IEO is for exchanges to first ensure that whatever project that they are registering has real working product ad have the chances of succeeding when being launched. If project registered are just like the normal ICO that we do have now, then they may still end up being a shitcoins in future or end up being a product of pump and dump strategy of whales making money.

vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:44:13 AM

I don't see much difference. New exchanges are showing up just to promote IEOs, they are no guarantee of anything. Investors should proceed with caution and research first.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 06:25:10 AM

Long story short,  ICO is the past, IEO is the future.

IEO has some great advantages that ICO never had. Investors know from the beginning on which exchange their tokens will be listed and this will eliminate the frustration accumulated after ICO when tokens were not listed on any exchange.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 07:25:21 AM

Long story short,  ICO is the past, IEO is the future.

IEO has some great advantages that ICO never had. Investors know from the beginning on which exchange their tokens will be listed and this will eliminate the frustration accumulated after ICO when tokens were not listed on any exchange.

I agree that ICO is the past. The IEO is indeed interesting at this time as long as the IEO is held by a large exchanger. Investors are more likely to choose the IEO from a large exchanger because it is related to reputation and liquidity. Many investors want to participate in the IEO because of the potential profits when starting listings in the market and usually the IEO of a large exchanger always gives more than 2x profit

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 09:13:14 AM

Major exchanges must guarantee the incorruptibility of the IEO. They're putting their reputation on the line with the IEO. Well, then it all depends on your abilities trader

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Nihal6443

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 09:14:57 AM

For the past several years in the world of digital assets, one of the best strategies a project could adopt was to launch an initial coin offering (ICO).  The project team simply needed to come up with an idea, create a smart contract, define the terms of the coin, publish a whitepaper, then make the coin available to the market.

This was very successful for a while. Billions of dollars were injected into the world of altcoins through ICOs.

However, over time specific drawbacks began to rear their ugly heads. Fake and fraudulent ICOs left investors in the lurch, which meant genuine projects were soon facing more difficulties during the funding and marketing stages.

As a result of these challenges, the initial exchange offering (IEO) was born, offering a significant improvement over the ICO model.

Now that IEOs have hit the scene, it makes sense for investors to learn how they work and, more to the point, how to rate, analyze, and review these offerings.

As an investor, I do research over project, idea,  team, growth and many more  and currently, Moozicore is working well and there team is also good they have well experience . you can take a look https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:16:32 PM

First of all, I think both are okay as far as crypto investment is concerned. The reason I am saying so is that I have heard a lot of complains from projects that are not doing their IEOs on binance which is the best place for conducting IEOs now. The rest of the exchanges tend to fake everything. The amount of money they say has been raised doesn't tally and some do not even give the expected money to the devs which makes them scammed so in this case the exchanges with bad intentions may keep scamming good projects.
The same way ICOs are going on with some investors claiming they are not given the required tokens they promised them or they are listed but the devs are delaying the distribution period. I think investment is a gambling process, some are good and may go well for you whilst others are bad and may get you rekt
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 05:42:21 PM

I was interested to invest on IEO at the beginning when Binance announced about IEO. But unfortunately I were not able to buy token due to huge demand that time. Once I failed to buy then I was discourage to participate any IEO. The main reason of my discourage is huge dump of IEO token prices. And till now I had not invested any IEO and I have to any intention in future about investment of IEO. Better choose few potential existing coin and hold it.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:51:36 PM

What are we actually talking about, either IEO or ICO, does it really matter? For me they are both methods of crowdfunding. They both tend to achieving the same goal, its just that ICO is outdated to some extend while the other is new. ICO enjoyed its publicity in it own time while IEO is just enjoying theirs.
Stage3 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:56:33 PM

Major exchanges must guarantee the incorruptibility of the IEO. They're putting their reputation on the line with the IEO. Well, then it all depends on your abilities trader

Thats true i agree with you!
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:06:33 PM

What are we actually talking about, either IEO or ICO, does it really matter? For me they are both methods of crowdfunding. They both tend to achieving the same goal, its just that ICO is outdated to some extend while the other is new. ICO enjoyed its publicity in it own time while IEO is just enjoying theirs.
yes right what you say is that the IEO or ICO has the same goal of raising funds in a different way,IEO newcomers certainly have a newer way and someday there might be a better event from the IEO, and for now I think IEO is a little safer.

Stage3 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:22:07 PM

For me i feel safe of making investment on binance IEO is really good exchange and having high volume for many investors compared to ICO i have heard a lot negative issues of making an investment. IEO have many advantages to make successful.

Well the exchanges dont want to get a bad image so they better chose wisely who they let do an IEO on their platform.
Miy Monk
Copper Member

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:38:55 PM

In my point of view, IEO is better than ICO because of huge amount of scam projects in ICO. Investors losing their money and hope. But, I think whether it's IEO or ICO we should invest more carefully and after all kind of research.

KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 06:45:57 PM

IEO looks more familiar right now, especially Binance. With the largest community and high trading volume, IEO Binance always made a successful ride.
Whether IEO or ICO, two of them are basically a fundraising method. But IEO is safer to invest in it rather than ICO I think.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:48:57 PM

I totally agree with you mate. ICO fail not only in 2019 also 2018. Many people and investor stop believing on crypto currency because of some fraught and scammers people. ICO is the easy way to convince people and cheat there money. Day by day IEO is much popular because of trust thing. Scammer didn't cheat investor money because of trust able exchange. And of course about your point of exchange that are we given them more power or not, yes i think we are but may be it's ok than lost our money.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:49:37 PM

it's just a new kind of marketing to attract people. in fact, nothing has changed. there are no guarantees. in any case, all responsibility is yours. you need to study everything yourself and not trust the exchanges. Although binance has proven to be the best.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:57:57 PM

yes right what you say is that the IEO or ICO has the same goal of raising funds in a different way,IEO newcomers certainly have a newer way and someday there might be a better event from the IEO, and for now I think IEO is a little safer.
If you participate in the IEO on the major exchanges, then I feel much safer than in ICO. Now it's feels so strongly that investing in ICO is not even considered. About what wrote OP.
However, I hope that someday the ICO will be improved in such a way that the scam risk will be significantly reduced.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: