Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Neuralink ] Elon Musk's Advanced Tech To Enhance Cognitive Efficiency  (Read 136 times)
Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:55:55 PM

I've just stumbled upon this just a few days ago and I couldn't help but wonder what could be the effects of this tech in lets say, in a span of 10 years from now.

For those people who doesn't know much about it, Neuralink's tech is basically going to attach directly to the synapses of your brain via ultra-micro links facilitated by an AI.
They already mentioned that they tested in on chimps/apes and the results haven't been really released yet publicly.

Here are my thoughts about it:

Positive thoughts:
1. It could make non-intelligent lifeforms become conscious and intelligent (I'm talking about a chimpanzee who can do your algebra homework, etc)
2. Using this tech, while enhancing our cognitive function, it could help us find answers faster with regards to things that impede human lifespan (e.g. higher lifespan, solution to issues like cancer, hiv, aids, etc)

Negative thoughts:
1. It could lead to a terrible divide between super intellectuals versus unequipped human beings
2. The divide could basically cause a catastrophic war
3. Seven deadly sins of humans will definitely also pay a toll with regards to this enhancements

What are your thoughts about this?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
viceking1

Activity: 60
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2019, 09:23:15 PM

I think it's cool to become like those deus ex augmented people in the game. But I don't want everyone tracking me and giving me cancer too.

LMBDA

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:48:43 PM

I've just stumbled upon this just a few days ago and I couldn't help but wonder what could be the effects of this tech in lets say, in a span of 10 years from now.

For those people who doesn't know much about it, Neuralink's tech is basically going to attach directly to the synapses of your brain via ultra-micro links facilitated by an AI.
They already mentioned that they tested in on chimps/apes and the results haven't been really released yet publicly.

Here are my thoughts about it:

Positive thoughts:
1. It could make non-intelligent lifeforms become conscious and intelligent (I'm talking about a chimpanzee who can do your algebra homework, etc)
2. Using this tech, while enhancing our cognitive function, it could help us find answers faster with regards to things that impede human lifespan (e.g. higher lifespan, solution to issues like cancer, hiv, aids, etc)

Negative thoughts:
1. It could lead to a terrible divide between super intellectuals versus unequipped human beings
2. The divide could basically cause a catastrophic war
3. Seven deadly sins of humans will definitely also pay a toll with regards to this enhancements

What are your thoughts about this?

I personally think its scary, everything about AI replacing or relating with humans are scary knowing that AI is capable of destroying us all lol.
macson

Activity: 1008
Merit: 142

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 07:59:42 PM

(sorry i "bump" posts that have sunk for more than a year)

https://twitter.com/MachinePix/status/1380573999994970113

how surprising i saw this video, just like seeing the cast in the movie "Planet of the Apes".  Neuralink's development seems very fast, i don't know what more surprises Neuralink can show to the world. 

me....between scary and proud of the achievements of mankind today.

Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:47:38 PM

Micro robots is much better with the injection, repair human with inside. Roll Eyes

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: