Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peer to Peer Bitcoin Auction Site - itcoinBay.com (Special Offer for 1st taker)  (Read 437 times)
UnruffledST

Activity: 243
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 03:48:41 PM

I don't know what to make out from the conversations posted above. OP's website certainly doesn't look like he's not serious about business. There are a number of items listed for auction and most of them seem legit. The VIP membership part bothers me. OP, why can't you send 0.02 BTC for the interested members and they sign-up as a VIP member on your site?

What about his site looks legit? where does it look professional all he did was get a free leached ebay source code and put it together for free.

The items are not legit at all do some google search, reverse image search them to find their true source.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/605895405/vintage-english-parian-bisque-apollo

Message the seller 100% sure she isn't selling on his fake website.

If he was serious he would of at least hired a front end designer to make the website look nicer and more user friendly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itcoinbay (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

This place is a mental leper colony!

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:50:27 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2019, 04:17:28 PM by itcoinbay

So in summary, many of you (at least the ones replying to this post) think we are scammers, but you're certainly willing to take .01 BTC if it requires nothing from you. See dipshits, that's the catch! Reward requires effort, action or risk, none of which you seem to be willing to expend. You are probably all scammers yourselves, and therefore you can't imagine the possibility that someone is simply making a legitimate offer. You are the type of people that we DO NOT WANT as members, so feel free to consider yourselves uninvited. We do not want petty and accusatory people as members at our site, only mature people that respect the Common Law--hurt no one nor their property.

Just for fun and mental anguish, I will explain the reasoning here once more, but it is improbable that you doubting Thomases have the attention spans to read through this and most assuredly you will not be able to comprehend anything before your rabid accusations start to boil over once again, but what the fuck.

First one quick example, one of our VIP members just posted an auction yesterday here: https://itcoinbay.com/ultimate-auction/elvis-presley-vintage-1955-sun-recording-mystery-train-i-forgot-to-remember-to-forget/. The starting bid was .03 BTC. At about 04:30 local time today, someone bid 1 BTC! WTF??? We obviously cancelled the bid and contacted the Bidder. We have had this happen multiple times and that was one of the reasons that we required only paid memberships until just recently. The paid membership served three purposes which I will now explain in case you haven't thought it through and obviously those of you posting negative replies haven't.

First off, it served as a litmus test to make sure that a member not only has the capacity to use bitcoin, but also has some bitcoin to spend (needed obviously to bid/buy). Bitcoin is fairly new still yea? Not everyone understands it and not everyone has it, agreed?

Secondly, it served to hopefully eliminate phantom bidders and buyers, i.e., mischief makers. Since we will stand behind our members and offer an in-house system for escrow, this also served to cover our ass.

Thirdly, it allows us to offer NO LISTING FEES for our Sellers. Imagine the tiny amounts of bitcoin and the associated and annoying tiny fees that would result if we charged listing fees as most respectable auction sites do.

Now visualize the scenario of someone posting a false auction. Previously our policy was to send 10% or .01 BTC (see the reason goddammit!), whichever is less, to the Seller as soon as we received payment from the Buyer, which we will still do for VIP Sellers. So in the event that a false auction was posted, we would have to return not only the money to the Buyer but we would be out the initial amount sent to the Seller. Well a paid membership would more than likely prevent someone from posting a false auction, what would be the reason if they had already paid us the initial amount that we would send them for a sold auction? Get it dimwits???

Now we have introduced free memberships due to all of the whining and accusations. It's a little more risky for us, but we have eliminated the risk mostly with a policy adjustment. There is still the potential for someone to be a nuisance, but that is about all that they could do. In revising our policy, we revised the previously mandatory fee to an optional and what should be a more palatable VIP membership. That someone can have a problem with this is absolutely illogical.

Click here to see an explanation of our memberships: https://itcoinbay.com/membership/.

This has all served to show us how incredibly cheap some people are. These people seem to want something for nothing and this illustrates that society as a whole is not yet ready for 'BTCe your own BTCank.'

"Now since we at itcoinBay.com do not attach ourselves nor our members to fiat currencies, bank accounts or credit cards, we have developed a fee-based system for the purpose of accountability. It would be great to be able to just trust everyone, but until society evolves to that point, for the protection of all participants we will practice the Russian policy of 'trust but verify,' by charging a modest fee for participation. In the age of $1000 cell phones, $5+ coffee and Washington, D.C., we don’t feel at all apprehensive about this fee."

We realize that this fee is some sort of astronomically huge mental and financial leap for some of you (again talking to the ones replying to this post in a negative manner), so to sort of soften the huge blow of the gigantic setback--.01 BTC - LMFAO--we are going to give away some really nice prizes in a drawing for VIP members if and when we reach 100 VIP members. By the way members can help us reach this level by referring VIP members to us. We reward Referrers with .001 BTC per each paid VIP Seller. The following image describes our Contest/Drawing which you can also read about here: https://itcoinbay.com/contest/. Now take a new look at our offer, not only are we willing to pay someone a net .01 BTC to become a VIP member (again trying to increase our membership and auction numbers), but they are entered into our Drawing where they could win either a $1800 drone or .1 BTC, and we pay them .01 BTC to gain this chance!! Good grief people will bitch about anything and everything.

If you like this offer, take advantage of it. If you don't like it don't take advantage of it. To criticize something from a position of ignorance is just that--staggeringly ignorant!

At our site, no 3rd party payment or conversion systems, downloads, platform installs, special wallets, etc. are required. We use only Peer to Peer transactions as envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto. After all, is this is not how Bitcoin was intended to be used?

Bitcointalk.org - the establishment in disguise.
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 03:53:50 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2019, 04:39:59 PM by itcoinbay

I don't know what to make out from the conversations posted above. OP's website certainly doesn't look like he's not serious about business. There are a number of items listed for auction and most of them seem legit. The VIP membership part bothers me. OP, why can't you send 0.02 BTC for the interested members and they sign-up as a VIP member on your site?

What about his site looks legit? where does it look professional all he did was get a free leached ebay source code and put it together for free.

The items are not legit at all do some google search, reverse image search them to find their true source.

If he was serious he would of at least hired a front end designer to make the website look nicer and more user friendly.

You have no idea what you are talking about and your post shows your total ignorance. We bought the theme from someone and had much modification to allow the use of Bitcoin. We are currently having the site redesigned because admittedly it doesn't look top-notch (yea yea that is an understatement).

Message the Seller asshole!

You little shits are some of the most ridiculous people I have come across, and EXHAUSTING!

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 04:44:20 PM

For what it's worth, I can confirm I got a free bitcent (0.01 BTC) from itcoinbay, he first sent 0.02 BTC to me, and then I've sent 0.01 BTC back. Other than that I've no association with him or his site.
You do realize that what OP is asking, involves high risk to lose money? We see this kind of approaches almost every day in this forum.

1. Get x amount free
2. Deposit y amount first before to withdraw x amount
3. Once someone deposit the y amount then you never hear from them again

This is completely a very wrong approach OP. I will highly advice to change it. If you really want to go this way then do this:

1. Find an escrow
2. Deposit the BTC to the escrow
3. Run this contest/offer. Users will feel more comfortable.

I am giving you 24 hours time either to change the terms of buying membership and then you will pay or do an escrow. If you fail then I will tag your account.

Edited
Archived including this post.

Go fuck yourself! Tag it if it makes you feel important. This forum is proving to be extremely annoying anyway. I am done trying to explain anything to anyone. I explained everything in a post after yours. If you have an issue with what I laid out, then what can we say?

So in summary, many of you (at least the ones replying to this post) think we are scammers, but you're certainly willing to take .01 BTC if it requires nothing from you. See dipshits, that's the catch! Reward requires effort, action or risk, none of which you seem to be willing to expend. You are probably all scammers yourselves, and therefore you can't imagine the possibility that someone is simply making a legitimate offer. You are the type of people that we DO NOT WANT as members, so feel free to consider yourselves uninvited. We do not want petty and accusatory people as members at our site, only mature people that respect the Common Law--hurt no one nor their property.

itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:31:12 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about and your post shows your total ignorance. We bought the theme from someone and had much modification to allow the use of Bitcoin. We are currently having the site redesigned because admittedly it doesn't look top-notch (yea yea that is an understatement).

Message the Seller asshole!

You little shits are some of the most ridiculous people I have come across, and EXHAUSTING!

Who says an item can't be listed on more than one site? That Seller tries to sell with us for Bitcoin and on Etsy for fiat. If something sells on one site, then the item is removed from the other site. You are some master fucking detective huh? Pat yourself on the head for me with a sledgehammer won't you? Grin

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:36:40 PM

A side note, seems like he was pissed when I started to talk hard but in your case he offered you the payment first. Possibly it's because he know you are a staff and possibly in the DT network. He knows he can use it to sell his idea or perhaps scam people.

He offered the 0.01 BTC to the first person to take up on his offer, I was lucky enough to be there at the right time. The other person who posted in that thread didn't make it on time or didn't bother at all.

This is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5162029.0;all

Yeah, I've been on DT for about 5 years now, which should be enough to tell my ratings and Trust lists aren't useless. (and no, I won't leave a rating just for getting a free bitcent Wink)

Signature space available for rent.
itcoinbay (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 11:07:31 PM

Here is what we are starting to suspect/realize: All of you petty little naysayers, detractors and false accusers are either owners of, employed by, or working for escrow services or exchanges and you simply can't afford for people to come to the realization that they don't need you. People are so accustomed to banks or someone else controlling their finances and now someone (we) comes along and says "hey, we don't need no stinking third parties" and this is a major threat to the status quo of banks and financial controls.

The more criticism we receive, the more we become convinced that this is the business model that we should continue to pursue. Your attacks are completely generic and incoherent. You refuse to read our responses which completely overwhelm your small-minded and senseless attacks. If every single member of bitcointalk criticizes us, it is not a deterrent to us, but rather an encouragement. It would be one thing if your arguments had validity, but they are baseless and foolish and your pointless arguments only work to reveal your true nature (again, only speaking to our detractors). We have never done anything underhanded to anyone and I challenge everyone to prove otherwise, but here it seems you are guilty until proven innocent. And how the fuck do you prove anything with a bunch of illiterate inbreds that have no comprehension except to parrot the same shit over and over (it's like deja vu all over again) despite any evidence or argument to the contrary? "She's a witch, burn 'er!"

Some people are simply too stupid to argue with. The sad thing here is that those of you that this applies to do not have the capacity to understand it.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 03:10:16 AM

*** Update: Offer not valid for existing VIP members or Royse777 (unless he apologizes) since he has such a loose mouth.

So, a newbie spams his site in the Development section, asks people to send him coin first, then insults the users.

Yeah, this project is not going to be successful.  :/   Hire a professional, MATURE spokesperson next time.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2712

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 09:26:22 AM

Here is what we are starting to suspect/realize: All of you petty little naysayers, detractors and false accusers are either owners of, employed by, or working for escrow services or exchanges and you simply can't afford for people to come to the realization that they don't need you. People are so accustomed to banks or someone else controlling their finances and now someone (we) comes along and says "hey, we don't need no stinking third parties" and this is a major threat to the status quo of banks and financial controls.

The more criticism we receive, the more we become convinced that this is the business model that we should continue to pursue. Your attacks are completely generic and incoherent. You refuse to read our responses which completely overwhelm your small-minded and senseless attacks. If every single member of bitcointalk criticizes us, it is not a deterrent to us, but rather an encouragement. It would be one thing if your arguments had validity, but they are baseless and foolish and your pointless arguments only work to reveal your true nature (again, only speaking to our detractors). We have never done anything underhanded to anyone and I challenge everyone to prove otherwise, but here it seems you are guilty until proven innocent. And how the fuck do you prove anything with a bunch of illiterate inbreds that have no comprehension except to parrot the same shit over and over (it's like deja vu all over again) despite any evidence or argument to the contrary? "She's a witch, burn 'er!"

Some people are simply too stupid to argue with. The sad thing here is that those of you that this applies to do not have the capacity to understand it.

So, you have not changed your mind instead you are blaming the entire community here and abusing them textually. Above few responses form malevolent also does not mean that he is vouching for you. Which means you have not established any credibility here so that users can trust you and spend 0.01BTC in your site upfront to buy the membership (which they may not need anyway) and you will send them 0.02BTC in return.

Go to the scam accusations section you will see how many topic we have from the victims who lost their money because the service wanted them to deposit some amount of money before they withdraw
Go to lending section you will see people are creating new accounts and their first post is asking a no collateral loan. Easy money if it works right?
Go to scam accusations section again, you will see loan defaulters - even some of them have somehow established accounts here

It is very easy so scam people in this forum because you are hiding behind a username.

I gave you much time, I wanted you to realize your mistake here. I left you two proposals:
Change the way you doing now
or
Or find an escrow and secure the money first. Don't play trust.

I also gave you 24 hours to correct yourself but you failed and continuing to blame others.

This is completely a very wrong approach OP. I will highly advice to change it. If you really want to go this way then do this:

1. Find an escrow
2. Deposit the BTC to the escrow
3. Run this contest/offer. Users will feel more comfortable.

I am giving you 24 hours time either to change the terms of buying membership and then you will pay or do an escrow. If you fail then I will tag your account.

Time is up, I am going to tag you and this tag will be only removed if:
1. malevolent vouch for you and ensures the community that if they risk their money upfront they will not lose the money.
or
2. By any chance if anyone takes your offer and they really get the money you promised to give them back. After few months of observation I will remove my tag. (Don't dare to create a new account and fake the process)

By the way, if my mind is not clear against you then I still may keep my tag even if you fulfill any of above. This is just to keep myself safe from the unexpected blackmail you may try on me.

Good luck with this hope that you prove me wrong. Nothing personal here.

Archived

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:23:16 PM

Here is what we are starting to suspect/realize:

It that a royal we?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

As a person who did some PR jobs back in the day I'll sum up your achievements so far:
  • You lost 0.01 BTC and managed to prove nothing and gain no trust by doing it.
  • You had some community members try to help you but pushed them away and called them names.
  • You got some negative trust.

And all this while being in the pre-launch stage.
You're doing great!  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: