Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE FUTURE HOLD FOR ALTCOINS?  (Read 880 times)
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 06:57:16 PM

I do not know what is going to happen is the future, nobody knows. I believe that crypto currencies will succeed and are going to be mass adopted one day, so I am collecting coins that already have a working product and are listed on at least 10 exchanges.
It's good that you observe liquidity for coins that are in the cryptocurrency portfolio. I believe that this is the main factor for a successful investment in Altcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 04:46:49 AM

Until now, the existence of altcoin still depends on bitcoin. I still believe that altcoin will always last as long as bitcoin is still traded. Maybe later there is an altcoin that is better than bitcoin technologically but I think bitcoin remains a benchmark
The existence of the altcoin still depends on altcoin itself and i meant about the result of development progress, the bitcoin is only determining the price of altcoin but it's also giving a huge impact to the volatility of the altcoin price. So many altcoin becomes dead coin and they have erased their own existences caused by they can't do a good progress.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 04:58:49 AM

It's a lot to discuss about altcoins,  as the subject is very complex.

However,  I would resume alts in 2 main parts:
- sh*t coins => sell them as fast as possible while they still worth something
- strong projects ( Eth, Bnb etc) => hold them tight and accumulate more every time market drops significantly

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:20:25 AM

The cryptocurrency community is no stranger to accusations of crypto being a bubble. As far back as 2014, media pundits were referring to the bursting of the Bitcoin (BTC) bubble, with a Financial Times article from September of that year even containing the ill-fated prediction, "We’re going to stick our neck out at this stage and call this the end of Bitcoin."

~

Do you think this time bitcoin will be on it's ending ? I don't think so.
There were countless peoples in the past said bitcoin will end soon, but the reality is not like that.
Although bitcoin value now is not high as in 2017, it still have a good value in the market.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
adi1972

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 08:00:44 AM

While I still believe in the crypto technology, I lost faith in the crypto financial institution like exchanges.

Once too often we read of hacking and stolen coins and price manipulation by "whales". Even ASIC manufacturers are in the act, like Bitmain, are using the machine for a few months before selling customer as brand new.

So where does this leaves the rest of us who invest using FIAT currency to crypto coins. We become the bloody fools who at the moment cannot sell but not enough $$$ to continue investing.

We don't want Policing but it's a bloody manipulation on prices out there.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 08:05:10 AM

I know how you feel.  Cry
I remember a time, when I watching every day how my portfolio grew by a thousand dollars a day, now it has almost no value.
I owned coins like PivX and Verge  Cheesy. Probably the biggest loosers in the altcoin history  Cheesy.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 08:07:10 AM

I just Hold SAFEX! https://safe.exchange/c/updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNUHyEb9jmA

Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 04:06:58 PM

The way I see it, is that you need to invest in altcoins who actually innovates either by making crypto easier to transact with (platform coins like: ARK, NEO, Ethereum, etc.) Or projects which builds on privacy, (XMR, DASH, Zcash)

The days are over for literal SHITCOINS with no purpose. You need to bring something to the table, like any real company (Just like the stock market basically).
The market needs to mature, and it's a long long process.

Personally I'm betting my money on Lightning Development for a couple of reasons:

Speed of transactions
Lower fees

A true gem, I've been eyeing is Stakenet (XSN) who's leading the development of Lightning with their upcoming Lightning DEX, and Lightning Multi Currency Wallet (With TOR integration for privacy).
I can see this project becoming really useful for transacting peer to peer, without the risk of getting your funds stolen in exchange hacks etc.
Also, no need for KYC, Registrations, or syncing up with their DEX.

Whatever you do, don't invest in projects with 0 to no development, and you should do fine once the market turns around Smiley
adi1972

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 01:00:19 AM

The way I see it, is that you need to invest in altcoins who actually innovates either by making crypto easier to transact with (platform coins like: ARK, NEO, Ethereum, etc.) Or projects which builds on privacy, (XMR, DASH, Zcash)

The days are over for literal SHITCOINS with no purpose. You need to bring something to the table, like any real company (Just like the stock market basically).
The market needs to mature, and it's a long long process.

Personally I'm betting my money on Lightning Development for a couple of reasons:

Speed of transactions
Lower fees

A true gem, I've been eyeing is Stakenet (XSN) who's leading the development of Lightning with their upcoming Lightning DEX, and Lightning Multi Currency Wallet (With TOR integration for privacy).
I can see this project becoming really useful for transacting peer to peer, without the risk of getting your funds stolen in exchange hacks etc.
Also, no need for KYC, Registrations, or syncing up with their DEX.

Whatever you do, don't invest in projects with 0 to no development, and you should do fine once the market turns around Smiley

Now, which altcoin has a real purpose in our lives? A few that seems beneficial to people like Musicoin have very little support. Paying the artiste directly everytime listeners listen their music.

Until these projects shows tangible purpose, I believe many potential new joiners tend to refrain from diving in.

The rest of us are hodlers as there's little movement in the altcoin market. We need that spark, even how artificial it is, to get prices up and ourselves out.

That's the sentiment of many holders today I guess. Forget the whatever white paper projects.

Small time miners are affected too esp those mining eth with increase difficulty and reduced rewards.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 11:51:55 AM

I think that there is definitely a future in altcoins, but not for everyone.  I believe that not everyone will survive.  And I think up to a large number of them and we do not need.  But they are definitely useful to us both for long-term investments and for the payment system.
Recently there has been noticed huge number of supporters in dump year but now after dip price is increasing and that's why I am sure future of crypto is really bright it is good to keep holding and never sell for panic. It will reduce the value so holding is the best solution I would say everyone needs to hold their investments.

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 11:57:58 AM

So many scams and shitcoins from alts who did ico back in 2017/2018. Most of them have even been delisted from exchanges and coinmarketcap for lack of volume in trades. Their communities have turned into a hive where spammers have a filled day of posting junks. Only a few altcoins are still operational today and they might be the pioneers for blockchain  and cryptocurrency use case in future

Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 12:20:12 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2019, 12:49:46 PM by Blue_oxen

You need to be serious when investing in altcoin. Because in 2020, I think more than 80% of altcoin will die. The BTC is currently dominating the market, and it will make weak altcoin die. Be careful with altcoin you are holding because it can die at any time

Altcoin is not a lot of interest and this is the main reason why most coins are present in this market at very low prices so sure this is the decisive moment for all altcoin. I usually consider carefully before making an investment decision but this year I will not do anything and will wait. Maybe I am afraid of investment but this year is a very bad year for this market

labenea

Activity: 327

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 01:14:18 PM

too much altcoin makes the market worse, especially those who fail, and only a few altcoins in my opinion have a future, the rest they will die soon
in the end it will be like that. projects left behind by developers certainly won't have good functionality, altcoin will survive if developers and teams can develop their projects properly. investors will not make choices with dead coins or do not have further price developments.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 01:51:43 PM

Choosing a good altcoin for the long term is difficult because there are so many altcoins on the market. In addition, every day there are always new projects that emerge and offer advantages over old projects. At the moment, I prefer altcoin to trade in large exchangers and be in the top 50 coinmarketcaps
We just need to keep doing research and getting updates on any project that you invest in, even the top 50 coins in the market that you mentioned, there is still possibility of some of them also failing in the long run. The reason why a lot of coins are losing it is because there are too many coins in the market having virtually same product to offer the crypto community, and by the time investors comes to the market, they make diversification into so many coins leaving them all to have very low input in the market.

Look at Ethereum today, people are complaining of it not moving the way it used to be, but they forget that they are not the only one in the market, there are still other projects offering same services as them. If I had my ways, I would make sure all ICO registers, and then we have very few approved to run.
Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 02:27:20 PM

You need to be serious when investing in altcoin. Because in 2020, I think more than 80% of altcoin will die. The BTC is currently dominating the market, and it will make weak altcoin die. Be careful with altcoin you are holding because it can die at any time
Find the right project before doing any participations with this type of investment, the market will bring you good outcome whenever you get involve, research and analyze every single information about coin that you'll going to invest your money, it will become profitable once you acknowledge the right project to support.
the right project is a very relative concept, and choosing such a project is now very difficult. A person has to go a very long way before he begins to understand which project is good and which is bad

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 02:37:11 PM

Yes, we hold altcoins because of altcoins and IEO are future of investment. Like moozicore is really interesting project I invest in moozicore and I suggest you to invest in Moozicore.

It seems you are just trying to get more investors for the project you have invested your money of which no one see whatever multivate you to invest in the said coins or project. We all know that not all altcoins well succeed though not my prayer, but the intention of the developers who are behind the project determine its success some times.
JonnikM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:26:32 PM

Cheers, guys! I started mining recently and wanna know your experience in this niche. What altcoins you personally choose and what equipment you use? Any advice is welcome
UnbeatableHolder

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:30:26 PM

Cheers, guys! I started mining recently and wanna know your experience in this niche. What altcoins you personally choose and what equipment you use? Any advice is welcome
Hello, Jonnik. I have my mining farm, started a year ago. Switched to ETH recently due to bad income from other altcoins, what about you?
JonnikM

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:35:57 PM

Hello, Jonnik. I have my mining farm, started a year ago. Switched to ETH recently due to bad income from other altcoins, what about you?
I am mining btc on my S17 antiminer, but not saticefied with the rersults. Why ETHER? What equipment you have?
UnbeatableHolder

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 08:36:59 PM

I bought S17 as well but a pro model. ETH is more usable and easier for mining I guess. S17 must work well, what's the problem?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: