Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEOs are more safe. But there are still problems that must be solved.  (Read 502 times)
Rozita (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 02:58:30 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2019, 08:09:02 PM by Rozita
Merited by tk808 (1)

Buying the tokens on exchanges seems to be more safe than buying them on ICOs websites.
But there are still some problems:
1. Using IEOs instead of ICOs, we are adding a 3rd party than can control what we buy. This is in contradiction with the main purpose of cryotocurrencies which is centralization (edit: decentralization)
2. The big bonuses that big investors are still giving buying the tokens directly from the team and cause big price decrease
3. KYC that is still implementing. The only thing that has changed is that we are giving our documents to the exchange instead of the team ( In my opinion KYC should be completely eliminated or a new safe method which I have no idea about that should be implemented)
4. Exchanges might get money and do not pay attention to healthy of the project like what they do for listing the tokens

What do you guys think?
What should be done to have safer fundraising? Assume that you are making some rules. Just try to preserve the decentralization as much as possible.  
Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 04:39:46 PM

1. Using IEOs instead of ICOs, we are adding a 3rd party than can control what we buy. This is in contradiction with the main purpose of cryotocurrencies which is centralization.
With a centralized system it means that the value of transparency is almost non-existent (unless the exchange wants to open transaction data for anyone or any wallet that bought during the IEO).

4. Exchanges might get money and do not pay attention to healthy of the project like what they do for listing the tokens
Sure, they (exchange) get some money from the project and most of them (in my opinion) they don't even doing some deep research about the project who will do the IEO in their exchange

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 09:59:18 PM

I think you are right that there are still some challenges with IEOs but the major problem I see is with IEOs conducted on the small exchanges. Aside from the fact that they are not as reliable and reputable like the top exchanges, they can also hoard the tokens and pretend it sold out and then dump on the investors after listing.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
idekai

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 10:39:50 PM

I'm not sure if the problems you told are issues. But even if they're just your speculation, your thoughts about KYC should be eliminated is wrong in my point of view.
KYC prevent bots and anonymous person to be part of them. So KYC is a requirement that must be included.

Orionix      |│      The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
WHITEPAPER     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ANN THREAD
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 10:47:15 PM

Buying the tokens on exchanges seems to be more safe than buying them on ICOs websites.
1. Using IEOs instead of ICOs, we are adding a 3rd party than can control what we buy. This is in contradiction with the main purpose of cryotocurrencies which is centralization (edit: decentralization)
2. The big bonuses that big investors are still giving buying the tokens directly from the team and cause big price decrease
3. KYC that is still implementing. The only thing that has changed is that we are giving our documents to the exchange instead of the team ( In my opinion KYC should be completely eliminated or a new safe method which I have no idea about that should be implemented)

What do you guys think?
What should be done to have safer fundraising? Assume that you are making some rules. Just try to preserve the decentralization as much as possible.  

Certainly, IEOs seems to be an improvement on ICO. Although it's not perfect but it has done alot of good with much more room for improvement. On the part of bonuses, only teams can fix this because they use the huge bonuses to woo investors who contribute money for seed funding and so on

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1087

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 11:06:21 PM

What do you guys think?
What should be done to have safer fundraising?   

I think it is not really different from ICOs. Both ICO and IEO basically have the same concept but for sure IEO has a better way. IEO provides a listing place at the early stage in fundraising. It makes investors won't be afraid about the listing plan. However, the developers and IEO teams can make an agreement about everything related to information on the token sale, even it is a manipulation of the data. So, it is also possible that the exchange as the third party shows a fake result on fundraising. In this case, we must be careful and selective to choose the exchange.

I assume there is no safer way. The best way is to analyze correctly all the parts of the projects. If you find out something strange or not make sense, then just avoid joining.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nemey

Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 11:20:19 PM

The first thing about safe or not an IEO will depend on what exchange is chosen. Regarding KYC itself, there are still many ICOs and IEOs that apply because they relate to several regulations from project developers and banks. Regarding centralization or decentralization, the IEO does not mean that it must be centralized and that it depends on the concept of the project itself. Regarding the prospect of exchange, it will depend on the agreement of the developers and also the exchange itself.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 12:48:55 AM

What do you guys think?

I don't think so. IEOs are new style of advertising and promoting a certain project. First of all, this does not guarantee that the project is legit. Also, your thread title is being opposed by your explanation (you are more of explaining IEO as an unsafe way than as a safe way).

IEO is the reason why I think there's only a few signature campaigns right now in the forum. Another thing, IEO is more of an UNSAFE way to join a crypto project. Buying tokens through exchanges during IEO stage will give an immediate impact to the price of the token, which is not good for small investors.

And yes, KYC is not a great thing on the part of investors. Honestly, KYC processes of these crypto projects are being done in the wrong way. As an investor, you should not disclose your personal info to people who you don't personally know. Once you give your personal info (especially your ID) to a certain project devs, the danger is already there. You should not give your trust to anyone considering that most crypto projects nowadays are exit scams. They might use your personal info for another BAD plans.
Juse14

Activity: 924
Merit: 355

Duelbits

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 01:10:33 AM

2. No need bonus, for what you get bonus went your asset got down from the ICO Price. For me bonus just wasting your asset, better IEO on reputable exchange top 1-5 without bonus but you got a good result.
3. KYC Its a normal think, if you disagree then avoid it.
4. Lol, If you talking about shit exchange then its true they only want a money from listed IEO. But if we are talking like Binance & Huobi, they always have their own due diligence to make sure shit project would come to them.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:17:46 AM

The third party creates more better awareness for projects that's why IEO sell off in seconds most times,people or investors trust exchanges more than buying through project websites
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:28:44 AM

What do you guys think?

I can't deny IEO was really became a hope and advantage to most of the community of here in the forum. This is the feelings actually I have on it. Due to I found out that a project that under by IEO is much more higher chances for me to get profit compare to ICO, though I still believed in the ICO as long as I see it has something potential about their project. And I agreed that KYC must be eliminate completely for every campaign project.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:34:59 AM

It is true that IEO is a lot safer than ICO if the exchange platform is a reputable one. If not, then it is the same as an ordinary ICO.

Well, I therefore conclude that it always depend on the platform, the project and the team behind every project. We should always do our part on evaluating a certain project before we join.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:42:16 AM

What do you guys think?

All your points are good but investors prefer to do away with decentralization and KYC in exchange in making a profit on an exchange that will give them a safe environment to invest, ICO and IEO is not really decentralized but do we have a choice since this is the only way to become early investors for a project that we want to invest.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 02:47:58 AM

What do you guys think?

IEO has eased up many things for the investors. They can easily buy tokens with any coins they hold. They don't have to fill up KYC everytime and providing your KYC to a trusted exchange is better than providing to each ICO. Exchange supported projects are more successful than independent one, so there's nothing on exchange side to blame for.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:50:48 AM

It is true that IEO is a lot safer than ICO if the exchange platform is a reputable one. If not, then it is the same as an ordinary ICO.

Well, I therefore conclude that it always depend on the platform, the project and the team behind every project. We should always do our part on evaluating a certain project before we join.

If the project gets IEO at a leading exchange, it is definitely a good project and the development team of that project will be highly appreciated but most of these IEO projects are difficult to invest because every investor wants to join that IEO, so the competition rate will be very high. Now a lot of choices for everyone but it's best to just choose reputable exchanges like Bitmax, Gate, Bitfinex and Binance

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Godstrength

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:40:54 AM

What do you guys think?

Good points and there are still issues with IEO's such as it being difficult to access and there's always a risk there. I got to know some of the exchanges and they're only after big bucks from these projects and not after the progress or roadmap they have. An example is this new offering that offers you a 50% discounted price on hot coins that are already in exchanges if you win their lottery. It's great to see other companies always looking for ways to improve and make things better for the crypto community.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:47:52 AM

I think it is safe in a way that IEOs are less likely to run away from you. But still, there is a risk that you may not earn any profit at all. That is why I treat IEOs and ICOs the same way.

upyem2k

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 07:32:37 AM

The same question I asked when I first heard of the Initial Exchange Offering. The only problem that solves is that it reduces the rate at which project get initiated without completion. It won't be able to prevent what may happen to be unsuspecting fraud as the exchanges may be carried away by their earnings from IEO projects to be listed on their platform.
Rozita (OP)

Merit: 108

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 08:25:48 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2019, 08:01:46 AM by Rozita

I don't think so. IEOs are new style of advertising and promoting a certain project. First of all, this does not guarantee that the project is legit. Also, your thread title is being opposed by your explanation (you are more of explaining IEO as an unsafe way than as a safe way).

The title is: IEOs are more safe. But there are still problems that must be solved.
I didn't meant IEOS are safe. You are right. In this topic, I have focused more on disadvantages. I just meant that IEOs are safer than ICOs but there are still many challenges with cryptocurrencies fundraising. In my opinion creating IEOs was a good progress when we compare them with ICOs.  Just this. There are many problem with them.
icekohl

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 08:35:36 AM

I don't think your opinion 1 is correct. The exchange' IEOs do not have smart contracts to check how much money has been transfered into it, all paramater are provide from exchange.
Regarding opinion 4, ít's true with almost projects so far, the exchange is just a listing and allows you trading, they have no right to interfere in the project.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: