Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best information I ever received for trading.  (Read 181 times)
garyn (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 04:19:42 PM

Learn all you can about trading in stocks and forex so you can apply it to Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies.   Forex is a good one because it is also manipulated by governments so you can learn how to deal with that. 

I would recommend you read Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas.  I thought it was a book about trading techniques but it was not.  It was a book of psychologically why we make decisions we do when buying, selling and trading stocks or anything else like Bitcoin.  It was tremendous in setting me free from a lot not just in trading but in life.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 04:50:56 PM

I don't day trade that much often now but I would definitely want to check on anything that can improve my trading decisions. Where can we avail of that book by Mark Douglas?

I'm also wondering what a CEO is doing in other boards of this forum. Anyway, it's nice of you to share something valuable.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:10:26 PM

Learn all you can about trading in stocks and forex so you can apply it to Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies.   Forex is a good one because it is also manipulated by governments so you can learn how to deal with that. 

I would recommend you read Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas.  I thought it was a book about trading techniques but it was not.  It was a book of psychologically why we make decisions we do when buying, selling and trading stocks or anything else like Bitcoin.  It was tremendous in setting me free from a lot not just in trading but in life.

Yeah,unfortunately every market is manipulated.It doesn't matter if it's Forex or Crypto.The manipulations kinda make technical analysis worthless.Learning the psychology behind trading is a good step towards gaining knowledge about the markets.I wouldn't read all the books of Mark Douglas,since there's enough info about them on Youtube,where they are summarized into the most important information only.

garyn (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:19:27 PM

I don't day trade that much often now but I would definitely want to check on anything that can improve my trading decisions. Where can we avail of that book by Mark Douglas?

I'm also wondering what a CEO is doing in other boards of this forum. Anyway, it's nice of you to share something valuable.

It is on Amazon and other places.
garyn (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:24:40 PM

It is on Amazon and other places.

I just did a search and found them from $19.99 to $39.99
Aero Blue

Merit: 128

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 05:28:35 PM

It may not be that hard to google something but just post the link... Whenever you discuss something people might ask for, it's common sense to leave a link to avoid confusion

Here is the book on GoodReads, it has reviews and where it is available for purchase.

Seems like a pretty popular book, I may check it out when I have some extra time.

My Legacy #NoPaidSig BTC: 14EQ2GvKbfkwU8JZ8PdWoAqDUWByzRAn4E
garyn (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:37:21 PM

It may not be that hard to google something but just post the link... Whenever you discuss something people might ask for, it's common sense to leave a link to avoid confusion

Good point.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 05:19:56 AM

Everything in trading are manipulated by the whale investors, There is no trading platform that are not manipulated by the investors or holders.
It might be true that Forex is good but it needs capital for you gain to their platform. But for me Crypto was a good thing to get profit for now.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 04:34:41 AM

Thanks for this piece shared, I am sure that it will go a long way in helping lots of people, because you are really right, our mind makes and mar our trade, there is always a chance to make that profit in every trade, either cryptocurrency or Forex trading, but inability to know when to make the right decision to perform a trading task is exactly what has made a lot of people shy away from trading and so many people also lose their trade.

I am someone too that would love to really trade, but I have tried several times to trade, I make losses more than I make profit, I am only lucky that there is another opportunity giving by crypto trade to make money, which is to just buy and hold for long term, that is the only strategy that has been covering up for me.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 08:29:39 AM

I think that is a good advice to learn forex and so forth and applying to bitcoin but do not forget that even though they are similar they are still not the same. Bitcoin has nothing that is backing it up and there is absolutely no reason for bitcoin to go up or down aside from what people think it worth.

We as the market literally decide on the price of bitcoin whereas if you check out the forex and stocks you will see that they are backed by governments and companies. Dollar is as strong as american government is strong and same applies for each nation and its currency, bitcoin doesn't have that. Hence even though most of the time it is a good advice and works very well there are times when bitcoin does something so volatile and weird that you will realize there is nothing backing it up.
Marnihughes82

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 02:58:42 PM

Thank you for your helpful book. Personally, I have read a lot of books about forex trading, chart types, but when actually trading they do not work well. I think the best is still the experience and psychological trading
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 03:41:45 PM

I've actually read that book before in the past as I've seen multiple traders I follow recommend it, and I can also say with confidence it's a great read and you should definitely check it out if you haven't already. As for the topics discussed in that book and many other books and resources involving fundamentals of trading, they'll help you out greatly to understand not only concepts in trading and why things happen the way they do in markets but also people in general as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: