Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading competitions  (Read 794 times)
Golstrim (OP)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:06:29 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2019, 12:53:38 AM by Golstrim
Merited by CucakRowo (1)

I am going to publish here some trading competitions.
I am not associated with none of them, I am a trader like you, so I consider it as an opportunity to show yourself and outperform market and to challenge with other participants.
Also it is a chance for some of you to gain initial capital without any investment or small one and prove your trading skills.

Sometimes I will share referral links for exchanges and to get some bonuses in competitions if you don't mind.

Some competitions require team work, so we can arrange teams here as well. Recently I participated in Okex BTC derivatives contest and my team was 13 out of 100. Although I have decent audience in telegram channel it was hard to find passionate members in my team, so I think here we can find more enthusiasts.

CURRENTLY RUNNING/UPCOMING COMPETITIONS:

1) KuMEX Simulated Rate of Return Competition: 10,000 KCS to Give Away! Rules
Link for Kucoin (you have to register here anyway of you don't have account)

2) Not another trading competition Prize fund is 300 000$ . Competition will start in 9 days, there is 50$ entry deposit, you can perform as a solo trader or arrange team

3) Crypto Cartel Trading competition I am going to take part in this competition, but I've just noticed them today in twitter , from my point of view it seems legit, but DYOR
When: August 5
Format: 14 days
Starting balance: 0.01 XBT
Entry fee: 0.01 XBT

4) McAfee Magic World Trade Cup      Twitter announcement
It is free competition, but dates aren't set up and there are some packages in settings, I didn't understand what for you need to buy any of these package, so don't waste money! I won't even publish affiliate link. Seems like they are about to create copy trading service, but communication is poor. I registered just in case, so will you keep updated.

I will add new competitions soon, feel free to share with me any competition you've seen!

NEW COMPETITIONS:

5)
Trading Contest with Reward of 1,000,000 MITX on Bitmax
Dates: August 11th- August 17th
Check out second competition there, it seems less risky compared to other points.
Conditions:10k+ daily trading volume(buy+sell) for 7 days

6) Egretia volume trading competition
-Level 2 KYC is required to get 100 EGT(6-7$) and 2000 net volume - it is 1st part of competition
-users with net buying volume 10k+ EGT will share 500k egt
Use my link to sign upif you don't have verified account

7) Bitforex trading competition round 7
Cool 4000$ prize pool trading competition. , you should provide API and trade for 1 month, so DYOR, it is new company
UPD: 04.11.2019
9) Huobi Grand Master Competition with huge prize pool! - just 4 days to compete with daily and total rewards

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golstrim (OP)

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 02:26:39 PM

I've found competition on Bitforex , but it will end tomorrow, so if you want, you can join.
With my link you will get 0.5 additional virtual btc. There is 30 k usd prize pool

█▀▀█
██▄█
█▀▀█
██▄█
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 11:51:35 PM

I also found a trading competition at Crypto Bridge.It's a daily and weekly competition though, and the rewards seem attractive; you can add this link to your thread.

Aside from the goal of this thread,how an average person manage to get good rewards from these competitions? I mean most of the the top leaderboard are only whales that have a big capital for trading..

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:38:17 AM

I am not too interested in trading competition, because I also can't really read the chart, and I'm sure there are many professional traders there, so I better not join and wait for other events from the exchanger.
Golstrim (OP)

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 11:18:53 AM

I also found a trading competition at Crypto Bridge.It's a daily and weekly competition though, and the rewards seem attractive; you can add this link to your thread.

Aside from the goal of this thread,how an average person manage to get good rewards from these competitions? I mean most of the the top leaderboard are only whales that have a big capital for trading..
You know, I try to avoid volume trading competitions. It is for whales. Also you have to trade shit coins in some of these competitions and you can lose part of your portfolio.
Here I want to post mostly trading competitions where you can show your trading skills. Perform ROI and not trading volume. But if I get more feedback I can also publish volume contests(I am not sure it is interesting)

Answering your question about average reward it depends. Once again, I am against volume trading where you need a lot of capital.

█▀▀█
██▄█
█▀▀█
██▄█
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:03:44 PM

Which one of those trading competitions is legit and which one isn't?
To be honest,I don't get why traders should compete against each other.Trading isn't a sport. Grin
I have a stupid question-Are trading bots(automation methods) allowed in these competitions?Maybe some programmer will create a trading bot designed especially for such contests?

hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:22:58 PM

To be honest,I don't get why traders should compete against each other.Trading isn't a sport. Grin
I have a stupid question-Are trading bots(automation methods) allowed in these competitions?Maybe some programmer will create a trading bot designed especially for such contests?

I spontaneously laugh to read your reply Cheesy very funny....traders should compete against each other..... Cheesy Cheesy
But the fact it is dude, even not realised by the trader itself. A trader is profit while other is loss....My idea for trading bots, they are strong in accumulation of volume but for profit winning I am not sure.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 04:26:13 PM

You'll never know which contest is legit until a winner is awarded.  You can see to it that the team behind the contest is real. Kumex seem to be okay and I can see Kucoin supported them. If they are going to be dong bounty campaign besides this contest, i'm not just going to join the contest but also to the campaign.

I spontaneously laugh to read your reply Cheesy very funny....traders should compete against each other..... Cheesy Cheesy
But the fact it is dude, even not realised by the trader itself. A trader is profit while other is loss....My idea for trading bots, they are strong in accumulation of volume but for profit winning I am not sure.

This kind of contest usually are won by the contestants that join the first.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 05:03:55 PM

Found this one.

John McAfee Announces The McAfee World Trade Competition For Crypto Traders.

Also published through his twitter account :
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1144980144009994240

But i can't find detailed information about the date.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 05:20:53 PM

KuMEX is likely legit; I'm actually trading on their platform at this moment and it seems decently responsive and easy-to-use at the moment. The latency meter at the top right of the page is neat as it's a good way to tell how far you are from the server where the exchange is being hosted. At the end of a day basically another BitMEX clone like Bybit and other sites out there.

As for whether or not trading bots are allowed, I don't see anything stopping anybody from using a trading bot on any of these sites, but it usually does take time to program a bot to work with new exchanges if the competitions are on a newer exchange.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 05:50:26 PM

At the end of a day basically another BitMEX clone like Bybit and other sites out there.
It's not just a clone, but the volume this platform generates is highly suspicious, especially when it first started-- the volume bars looked identical to the exchanges that are known for wash trading.

Usually you see the volume bars mirror that what's happening on spot exchanges, but each volume bar at Bybit was as high as the previous bar, and that even during stable periods of time.

Another thing is that many youtubers are shilling this exchange like crazy. It doesn't have to mean anything negative by default, but most platforms that they shilled in the past turned out to be blatant scams.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 11:06:58 PM

You shouldn't laugh cause it shows that the above user is not use to crypto trading competition. However, the trading contest is done the way you think and those contest are usually hold when exchange site add a new coin/token or trying to boost their trading volume and the competition contestants are to trading or buy a certain coin number of require coin.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:30:29 AM

I really do not like these because it encourages people to do trades they do not really want to do. There are plenty of people that trade just to get into these and people who actually buy and sell from themselves only paying the fee's as a loss that joins into these things as well depending on the competition.

If you do not feel comfortable about a trade then don't do it, just because there is a reward at the end of it doesn't mean you should trade as much as possible. If you are aiming at making more money than only focus on that during your trades and not the amount or not the profit percentage nor anything else, just focus on doing it your own way and if it happens to earn you a reward while you are doing it then great, if it doesn't then don't force it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Golstrim (OP)

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 10:46:51 AM

Found this one.

John McAfee Announces The McAfee World Trade Competition For Crypto Traders.

Also published through his twitter account :
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1144980144009994240

But i can't find detailed information about the date.

Thank you, that's a good shot. Added in the list.  Sounds interesting because of Mcafee. Nevertheless I have not found dates and social networks of this competition. Design is  Will be waiting for more info.

█▀▀█
██▄█
█▀▀█
██▄█
Golstrim (OP)

Margin Trader

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 12:05:20 PM

I really do not like these because it encourages people to do trades they do not really want to do. There are plenty of people that trade just to get into these and people who actually buy and sell from themselves only paying the fee's as a loss that joins into these things as well depending on the competition.

If you do not feel comfortable about a trade then don't do it, just because there is a reward at the end of it doesn't mean you should trade as much as possible. If you are aiming at making more money than only focus on that during your trades and not the amount or not the profit percentage nor anything else, just focus on doing it your own way and if it happens to earn you a reward while you are doing it then great, if it doesn't then don't force it.
I agree, this is the biggest issue of all trading competitions. In order to compete and get reward you take higher risk. Trading in contests have nothing common with traditional trading, because high leverage will destroy your portfolio.

This is the point of trading - zero sum game. You can't gain money untill someone else losing it.

You shouldn't laugh cause it shows that the above user is not use to crypto trading competition. However, the trading contest is done the way you think and those contest are usually hold when exchange site add a new coin/token or trying to boost their trading volume and the competition contestants are to trading or buy a certain coin number of require coin.
I don't participate in volume trading, this wash trading competition looks profitable for exchange, but for traders it is just a loss

█▀▀█
██▄█
█▀▀█
██▄█
South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:18:56 PM

I understand that some may not like trading competitions however trading by definition is a competition, the only way a trade can take place is if two traders have different opinions about what will happen in the market, so one of those traders has to be wrong about the direction the market will take, the better your accuracy to select the right coin at the right time the better your results will be, and this will eventually be reflected in the only statistic that every trader cares about which is the amount of money in your trading account.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 11:35:37 AM

Here is Link margin trading competition https://www.binance.com/en/support/articles/360031074191
What do you think about this competition? Is it legit?
I am not that good in competitions, but I am still interested in your topic. Will be waiting for new competitions

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:56:19 PM

I suspect that some of these exchanges are trading against their customers so no one wins the prizes.  I've seem some big prizes in the past.  For example you could once win a new porsche on Binance in their trading competition.  I still don't think it is worth going for because there is only 1 winner and the chance of you winning is low, most of your money will be used on fees.
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 01:24:38 PM

I suspect that some of these exchanges are trading against their customers so no one wins the prizes.  I've seem some big prizes in the past.  For example you could once win a new porsche on Binance in their trading competition.  I still don't think it is worth going for because there is only 1 winner and the chance of you winning is low, most of your money will be used on fees.
Once upon a time I saw helicopter as a prize on Okex exchange. There were options to take money of helicopter. I would take helicopter just for fun Smiley Sounds incredible .
I wish Binance will launch any competition devoted to the launch of margin trading

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:22:44 PM

I want to start writing my message by thanking you for sharing. Especially if we need to think about today's market, we can see that there are various trade contests. The reason for these competitions is not to distribute free of charge. The main reasons for these competitions are the exchange services gaining volume and the project team wants to keep their tokens or coins active in the market. If we make a careful examination, we will see that there is a serious increase in volume in almost all competitions where trade activity is performed. This is a great advantage both for the service organizing the competition and for the project. I would also like to say that some of the tokens or coins have gained considerable value, especially as a result of the competitions of some services.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: