Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:57:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Tether supply keeps growing(stable coin)  (Read 316 times)
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 09:36:32 AM

Because people are cashing in their fiat into $$$ USDT, same to all other stablecoin

Its supply only become more and more when people start cashing out their Fiat and cash in to Tether
That's why Tether supply always go up unless people sells off to Fiat
Juse14

Activity: 938
Merit: 363

Duelbits

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 09:49:30 AM

Tether backed by Fiat, Went everytime fiat coming to them. They just can easily created the token by himself because its stable coin fiat, they must have a real backup before creating the token. Supply Tether = Supply Fiat USD.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 11:25:16 AM

Because they are dirty manipulators . For each stablecoin on the market, a company must keep a real dollar in their bank reserve, otherwise it’s just the numbers on the screen that mean nothing. Does anyone here believe that a tether has 4 billion dollars? I think not, so they can draw us any numbers, but in the end, everyone will know the truth.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:37:18 AM

Bitfnex needs USD for payments, but they cannot print USD. Printing a lot of USDT to buy BTC and liquidating them to USD help them do that. Only when they are investigated for deposit, will they sell the BTC for USD to prove it.

have you checked the supply of Tether ever before? i don't think so. i suggest you take a look at it. then check out bitcoin price. if they were really buying bitcoin with USDT then selling it for USD then bitcoin price should have fallen to $100 and less due to the sheer amount of sell pressure Cheesy

Of course it does not sell off in 1 time. 10m usdt is printed to buy btc for 6k, then sell btc for 8k. After returning 10m usdt, the excessed amount of usd is the received interest.

that still doesn't make any difference. that would still mean dumping the bought amount back on the market and all this "fakeness" has to pop out somewhere. so either bitcoin price should have tanked in the past 7 years due to them (according to you) selling bitcoin they bought with tether or USDT price itself should have dumped as people who received those tokens dumped it for USD.
and neither of these things are happening. and remember Tether wasn't created yesterday!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 01:15:33 PM

I think "not regulated" is not correct, they are not doing business in USA as far as I know, they are using a bank in some Bahamian country and they are off limits to american government hence even if they are found guilty they could keep doing whatever they please because they are out of reach of american judge system. This is of course as far as I know, maybe they can still be found guilty and there must be some american citizen owner or employee they can charge with criminal activity.

Basically they are doing this because they can and there is nothing that can stop them and certainly people are still supporting them. Look at big exchanges where you can use usdc and gusd, people still prefer usdt over them and that seems to be the real issue here, if people start selling their tether and start using other things then they will have to listen to the public.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:43:43 AM

I do not know the tactics that tether is using that is really making them this string despite all the atrocities they are known with, yet people still prefer it to other reliable stablecoins, I have never been so much interested in tether from the onset, which is why I rather use USDC. The days of tether is really numbers and I cannot wait for the court to strike the case against them, if court does that, it will really create a massive dump in the price of tether and then build other stable coins, it will also make other coins like bitcoin increase in value.

So, I am also crossing my fingers to see the outcome of the court case too and I believe that it will not favors tether, so any one still holding that coins should better start looking at other stable coins or start converting their tokens to bitcoin.

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 06:34:46 AM

Sounds like a illegal use of usdt in place,this is what happens when there is no regulations,usdt will be used by many unknown group of terrorists funding either criminal organizations or more than that
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: