Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover  (Read 1189 times)
joseyphil82 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:28:19 PM

You can't judge projects by how they look,what matters is what they are here to fix in crypto space,i introduced a good privacy altcoin to my friends weeks ago and they neglect it because of its look,the name of the project is sero

How can someone judge a project because of its white&black inky look?the fact is sero is just more than its logo looks and its already trading at a very good price 0.33$ i think,while its ICO price was 0.01cent.

My advice to people like my friends is to always put aside how a project looks,either scam looking or not please take your time to investigate before you decide if its good or not.Some projects are more than how they look,remember that not all shinny things are good either,learn to do research on projects not how they look.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:41:59 PM

You can not blame them, Because even if there is so much more you can get from an altcoin it is covered by many altcoins negativity, Scam and fraudulent one, A ICO that didn't turn out successful, But I guess newly ones can sure turn out great sometimes, You can never know it if you don't take a risk to invest in it, It is a little farfetched for some because there are certain negative views on other Altcoins that some can not apprehend.

Is Super Zero (SERO) the same as this SERO I am a little confused with both coin.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 12:54:09 PM

I think that it is wiser to analyze first about the coin before giving judge, And what you are doing is actually good enough. But, never blame your friend because sometimes they have their own opinion. But if you really believe in the coin, you should prove to him that it is a good and promising coin and you have proven it, moreover for your holding and long term investment or even for trading. Focus on yourself and it can be also one of my reason why I never only look something by only its cover.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
ZDPGI

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:10:21 PM

You can not blame them, Because even if there is so much more you can get from an altcoin it is covered by many altcoins negativity, Scam and fraudulent one, A ICO that didn't turn out successful, But I guess newly ones can sure turn out great sometimes, You can never know it if you don't take a risk to invest in it, It is a little farfetched for some because there are certain negative views on other Altcoins that some can not apprehend.

Is Super Zero (SERO) the same as this SERO I am a little confused with both coin.

The best we users and traders can really do is research, a thorough research actually. Not everything that other people say are true when it comes to information on projects. Some are just there to FUD, not really healthy but they are there. Doing research is really hard actually. On my side, I cant really understand much on the tech side of a project and I think thats where other users are getting hard to learn too.

P.S. Yup thats the same. Super Zero is SERO.  Grin
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:15:34 PM

The sero project is actually a very good privacy coin that's ready to deliver what even monero and other privacy coins can't deliver,only stupid people judge a book by its cover

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:50:32 PM

I thought such people have already lost all their crypto, because if someone judging a project by its website and effects there, it is already a loss. There were so much great projects that looked awesome, but failed even to meet a soft cap.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 01:58:36 PM

People easily attracted on shiny appearances and thats human nature i think. In that case we cant blame those people maybe its just a wrong call for them?but no matter how we look at it its just a matter of perception who knows that Super Zero price is just temporary. remember we are in cryptocurrency space everything is subjected to change due to high volatility. so we better move on.
pakdemaco11

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

NeedforTurbo https://needforturbo.com/

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 02:41:09 PM

before the coin analysis there is good we see the products offered by the developer. Open only shows, there are many I see bad appearance projects but the products they offer are very useful for many people so investors are attracted to the coin.

██████████████████████          N E E D   F O R   T U R B O          ██████████████████████
ETHEREUM & BINANCE SMART CHAIN
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄     LEARN MORE     ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
bluesmoke

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 03:05:31 PM

I'm one of them who neglected the SERO project. I'm unfortunate that SERO turned out to be a good project for both investors and traders. However, I'm trying to accumulate a small bag of SERO.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:08:39 PM

I'm one of them who neglected the SERO project. I'm unfortunate that SERO turned out to be a good project for both investors and traders. However, I'm trying to accumulate a small bag of SERO.
Sorry to hear,I've learned lesson in the past about judging a book by its cover,you have to break a coconut shell to know how tasteful it is,you won't know unless you have a taste

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MadeinCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:09:00 PM

Well I understand about that, I myself have the same experience as your friend first. I only saw a project from the logo and appearance of their site, but it turned out that after being registered they reached $250 million and the price went up 3x. At that time I regretted having just evaluated the appearance. But actually I am not entirely wrong, sometimes developers must provide attractive UI to investors, so they can increase their trust.
Yassin

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:09:45 PM

maybe people only see the display and they don't know what the project is like, and maybe when they see or hear the SERO project they don't think it's good because they only see and hear, but when we follow it they will know what the project is like,
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:14:47 PM

Is this same SERO which did IEO on gate.io? A friend of mine made huge gains from it but this doesn't make it a great project. Price action alone doesn't determine whether a project is great or not in my own opinion. There are other important aspects to look at especially the development of the project.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:16:51 PM

You can't judge projects by how they look,what matters is what they are here to fix in crypto space,i introduced a good privacy altcoin to my friends weeks ago and they neglect it because of its look,the name of the project is sero
Aside from its look, I have a strong feeling that another reason why they refused to invest is because of its name. You know what I mean and it is pretty obvious, Sero sounds like zero whoch means no value at all Grin. Anyway, I felt bad for them because they didn't listen to you. Another opportunity to earn is wasted *sigh.
How can someone judge a project because of its white&black inky look?the fact is sero is just more than its logo looks and its already trading at a very good price 0.33$ i think,while its ICO price was 0.01cent.
I must admit that it was a good jump. I'm pretty sure that early investors of it are now celebrating for the profits they've made. Actually it's ATH up to this moment reach $.42+ which means greater money for those who grab at the time when this happened. As up to date, it's price is now going up once again and now currently $.29+ so it is not too late for the risk takers to invest. I'm just hoping this wasn't just a new pump and dump coin. Good luck and happy earnings to everyone Smiley.
bitstalker

Activity: 383

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:18:15 PM

I didn't follow Sero too much, but it can be concluded that ieo on gate io is an interesting launchpad because it can create a very high roi, and it looks like it might be good if we try investing there.
abeecrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 18

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:22:09 PM

I can't help but think you are trying to advertise this SERO Cash. lol. There are so many shitty projects this days, so one will have to scrutinize projects to determine whether  they are worth investing in or not. Looks can really be deceiving.
Mind you, you might still do some research, and a project will still turn out to be unsuccessful. i.e if you don't do a thorough research.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 03:27:46 PM

Sero has had an impressive growth. I accept I didn't had my attention towards this particular coin during the ICO but I don't think anything presented by the project or the logo is anywhere near being less attractive. They seems to have a good team and are doing a weekly update about the coin. It's still a good time to buy if you believe in the future of mineable privacy focused coins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:29:14 PM

Yes you are right. You can't judge the book by it's cover specailly here in crypto industry. We can't based on the name of token or project before you invest. Just make research and some study before you invest because of you only depend on name or logo you will missed a chance to to find a good coin and good project or you might be loss if you choose a good logo or name will offer a low or no value project.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:32:15 PM

I remember about ethos too when it was still on the ico and so many people blamed the team as scammer but after it got listed on the binance and then so many people that invested their money at the early stage of crowdsale already got more than 10x. A little coin can mean something in the future.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Decimation

Activity: 244
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:33:22 PM

I really don't like this phrase for a specific reason. That reason is: Most of the times our first impression or "gut" instinct is right. 99% of the time I think something is a scam, I look it up: and it's a scam. If it's too good to be true, it's a scam. Honestly I think trusting your initial gut instinct can save you a lot of time and money. Plus, a good cover actually gives you some idea of what the book is about. Cover artists are paid so much because it's their job to get you to open the book, doesn't matter how good the book is if the cover is awful.

I get this whole "altcoin" fever thing where people think they are getting free money and it's going big or whatever, but it's honestly not really worth it. Go get a job and earn a lot more money without the risk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: