Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling Anonymously  (Read 3903 times)
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 10:04:40 PM

The solution is now posted to the blog.

bulanula: it is unfortunate that you think this was a scam.  I wouldn't stake my entire reputation on $30.  I plan to be around here for a long time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 10:06:00 PM

Sure. Just answer me 2 questions :

-how did you know how close the guy was to getting the bitcoins etc. !? what were the 6 steps etc.

-why did you do this ? what was in for you ? nobody does something for nothing.
GoWest

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 10:06:56 PM

You'll probably all get a laugh out of this. Bulanula's reddit account is suspiciously empty, so I figured he could be a sock puppet of GoWest. His first comment is about upholding the law, so I ended up at the bitcoin police wiki. There I saw that there was a pretty recent left edit by casascius. I figured he could probably be in on it too, if GoWest contacted him to set this up. It seemed like he had been collaborating with bitcoinsforchristmas, betforbtc, and bittleships, so why not casascius too?  His edit left a comment that said, "Somehow, I think Bitcoin Police is an embarrassment to the Bitcoin community, as it leads the reasonable observer to conclude that we're completely lost in fantasy land, and that bitcoins are its fantasy currency." Before that I had read GoWest's recent comment history on reddit too, and I remembered one comment in particular made today about using Bitcoin as an ingame currency. Specifically he says, "Can you imagine putting a raiding party together to go after a dragon with the equivalent of thousands of dollars attached to it?" I figured, he must surely know about Dragon's Tale, so why doesn't he mention it? He just drops the word dragon in there! Suspicious! And with casascius' comment about being 'lost in fantasy land, and that bitcoins are its fantasy currency.' It fits! He must be cooperating with the Dragon's tale people too! So unfortunately I spent the rest of the time on the dragon's tale website, trying to spot something, anything Tongue

Fun game GoWest! Smiley

My brain asplode!

GoWest

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 10:09:20 PM

-how did you know how close the guy was to getting the bitcoins etc. !? what were the 6 steps etc.

I did this to drive traffic to my blog and to Bitcoins for Christmas.  It was a publicity stunt, not my first, either.

I knew that someone had reached Step 5 because they "followed" me on SoundCloud when they got there.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 02:31:48 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2011, 02:50:59 AM by greyhawk

I was the one who got to the 5th clue first. As that clue stumped me and I had to leave my computer for personal reasons, I contacted GoWest on his account on the 5th clue website, to tell him, a) I found it b) congratulate him on a nicely done game c) I'm not going to be the one to solve the complete riddle, as I had no time to keep playing the game. At that time, GoWest was online on that website waiting for people to contact him, under his scavenger hunt name. This was how he knew when the 5th clue was broken. No mystery involved.
GoWest

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2011, 04:18:16 AM

For those of you who missed out, I am now running an ongoing 5 BTC giveaway from now until Christmas.

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 12:19:21 AM

I totally missed the first hint. Anyone want to trade it for the second hint?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: