Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would like to have ios BTC wallet?  (Read 3321 times)
fruitwallet (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:51:25 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 11:44:28 PM by fruitwallet

Sure I will Smiley I already did.
We were thinking on solution like "Download wallet.dat feature".
But that means additional security holes. Probably in future...

But I got your point. I'm just talking about light secure app, where you store less then a bitcoin just for pocket spendings.
If you don't need such an app, thats ok.
But this functionality is ok for our loyal customers/testers. Whose input I appreciate most of all!
They just believe people and understand that we understand that Bitcoin startup can newer become big when scumming people Smiley

I know that MtGox rumors are still in the air and that influences all the solutions made over all the crypto-coin stuff.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:12:40 PM

Sure I will Smiley I already did.
We were thinking on solution like "Download wallet.dat feature".
But that means additional security holes. Probably in future...

But I got your point. I'm just talking about light secure app, where you store less then a bitcoin just for pocket spendings.
If you don't need such an app, thats ok.
But this functionality is ok for our loyal customers/testers. Whose input I appreciate most of all!
They just believe people and understand that we understand that Bitcoin startup can newer become big scumming people Smiley

I know that MtGox rumors are still in the air and that influences all the solutions made over all the crypto-coin stuff.

private keys should never ever touch your server.
all signing should be done by the client itself.

the client can send encrypted private keys to the server if it wants to store them - but again: your server should not be able to see them clear-text.

if you dont implement that you are scammers in my eyes.
just have a look at blockchain.info which does exactly that: no private keys on server.

btw: i thought they had an ios-web-app? is it gone too?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:54:44 PM

I just wonder why banks are not scammers in your eyes? They hold your money.
Paypal? Scammers too? Webmoney? same thing?

This post might offend you, sorry for that, I didn't mean. I understand your right to express opinion.

When one bank goes bankrupt, you didn't tell that all banks should now work in other way. You have to deal with the risk to get additional service, this is the game rules.

I understand that you can't sleep well when somebody owns something that is considered yours.
But I was sure that it is normal nowadays. Examples: your insurance, patrol cards, banking cards, facebook (owns everything about you) same thing with google. Pilots? when you are in the plane they own something yours.... aren't they?

Cheers  Cool
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:55:36 PM

Fuck Apple, everyone should get Android phone.
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:03:46 AM

Did you bought a rifle in case google will block apps in googleplay?  Grin
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:06:52 AM

I just wonder why banks are not scammers in your eyes? They hold your money.
Paypal? Scammers too? Webmoney? same thing?

This post might offend you, sorry for that, I didn't mean. I understand your right to express opinion.

When one bank goes bankrupt, you didn't tell that all banks should now work in other way. You have to deal with the risk to get additional service, this is the game rules.

I understand that you can't sleep well when somebody owns something that is considered yours.
But I was sure that it is normal nowadays. Examples: your insurance, patrol cards, banking cards, facebook (owns everything about you) same thing with google. Pilots? when you are in the plane they own something yours.... aren't they?

Cheers  Cool

the difference is, that with btc-online-wallets its easily(!!!) possible to make sure the operator cant scam.

too many btc online wallets (i consider most exchanges as online-wallets too) has scammed people. so why dont you just try to proof that you wont such a thing?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:12:07 AM

We will do anything possible to proof that.
But main aims are: easy, light, fast, secure(from 3rd parties).

P.S. we are in Beta trying to polish the product, not to proof we are not scammers Smiley
coindaily

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:42:08 AM

Fruit, I'll take a look at it / download. I'm working on an app myself (not a wallet), so I'll support other devs. Regarding being a scammer, etc., people are rightfully concerned.  Once you publish more about yourself, get your landing page done, etc., people will feel more secure.  Transparency will be everything. You might also want to consider applying some rules to the mobile version, such as a second layer pin code that users would have to enter to do a transaction of larger than X.

Or perhaps build a locally stored password app?  (I'm just brainstorming here.)  The app would interact with your html 5 wallet, but you never, ever store the password.  The benefits would be you never store the password + it doesn't violate Apples quasi-ban on wallets.  Use some type of public/private key combo.

Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:48:27 AM

I agree. Excuse my ignorance, but why doesn't apple allow a bitcoin wallet app?  
I have the Mycelium bitcoin wallet for android and I love it, but I digress...
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:30:33 PM

It's not as though nobody has thought of making one before.

Did you miss the week where everyone was smashing their iPhones and buying Androids because Apple removed the Blockchain.info app?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:47:09 PM

Sorry, is this a question? Smiley
Sure I didn't. We just decided to save iPhones from death creating an ios app that works.  Wink
I even thinking to use those videos in our promo.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:00:27 AM

where's the BETA thread gone?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
iamahappyminer

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:49:06 PM

Why does not Apple allow bitcoin wallets in the App Store?
fruitwallet (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:41:20 PM

raskul, hope you've found beta thread Smiley
iamahappyminer, Apple has its own mysterious ways of decision making.
raskul

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:00:52 PM

raskul, hope you've found beta thread Smiley
iamahappyminer, Apple has its own mysterious ways of decision making.

yes thanks

apple are probably developing yet another shitcoin, so we can all pump and dump it when it gets released  Cool

raskul

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:43:19 AM

it's not an app, it's a web interface, which works with safari iOS browser. I've been testing it for FruitWallet and it seems to work well.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:40:09 AM

it's not an app, it's a web interface, which works with safari iOS browser. I've been testing it for FruitWallet and it seems to work well.

Does it support grabbing QRCode with the built-in phone camera? I know is a long shot  Undecided
raskul

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:40:53 AM

Does it support grabbing QRCode with the built-in phone camera? I know is a long shot  Undecided

yes, it imports BTC address from QR code - but not like a QR scanner - it takes a picture (which it doesn't save on internal memory) and scans it behind the scenes to import the address.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 12:01:00 PM

Does it support grabbing QRCode with the built-in phone camera? I know is a long shot  Undecided

yes, it imports BTC address from QR code - but not like a QR scanner - it takes a picture (which it doesn't save on internal memory) and scans it behind the scenes to import the address.

Wow, great! However, I do have concerns on the security of my coins...  Undecided
May be I will just setup the account without any coins.
Thanks, raskul.
vabtc

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:22:31 PM

I downloaded and played with the bitwallet app last night.. not bad if you know what you are doing.  As a potential ATM operator, I will probably point IOS people to it since it provides them a safe way to purchase bitcoins at the ATM.  From what I can tell, even a phone with malware wouldn't be able to steal the coins. 

I also thoroughly enjoyed paying a TX fee of .00001 last night.  Beautiful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: