Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEO's has cause more harm done good  (Read 868 times)
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 649

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:09:10 AM

I don't think so, everyone is entitled on the risk regardless on what platform they are investing, because in general we are dealing with risk here.
Also, I don't see it's gonna happen that if an investors will risk a big amount like $100,000 they will just invest blindly because such IEO is in good exchange, maybe some are doing that but for sure those who risk a bigger money will do the due diligence.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:10:52 AM

I kinda agree with you. Before I used to take DYOR very very seriously but ever since the IEO came I started acting a bit lazy. I don't do much research into any IEO which are hosted by exchange giants like Huobi and Binance.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:13:26 AM

I feel the issue of making research is left on the shoulder of individual and has nothing to do with IEO, we all must take responsibility for making necessary research about a project to know everything about it.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:23:44 AM

Investors and exchanges are making good money from the IEO than the project teams envisaged, Now it is considered an entry market pump and dump system. However, some exchanges dont take enough time to do research in some projects but most early investors get out quickly than expected, bittrex almost fell victim of scam project with the first IEO, which shows anyone can be scammed in this space regardless. A street smart trader will think of making more bitcoin than thinking of the project, get-in get-out idea

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
hazidofasa

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:34:47 AM

I do not agree with your point of view because token projects are now deciding to list their tokens on one or multiple exchanges directly instead of setting up a “traditional” ICO and then hoping and praying investors will find them in the whirlwind of the marketplace. IEO built trust among the investors because in ICO there are lots of fake and scammy projects. https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 07:21:53 AM

It's almost impossible to determine how much harm IEO did to their buyers, but compared to ICO, IEO provide another layer of security which is probably better.

ICOs are really easy to do and the downside is a lot of scammer use that to scam a lot of people and then disappear after that. IEO, on the other hand, will also affect the image of the exchange so not every project would be able to do it. Eventually, a good project will do their IEO on a good exchange (though it's relative) and those scammy IEO will also run their IEO on a scammy and poor exchange, so most of the time, it's easier to distinguish good project and bad project.

However, that's a bit sad because it means you need to depend on a 3rd party to decide where your investment should go instead of using your own brain (not everyone of course).

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Lantind

Activity: 2296
Merit: 263

enterapp.io | CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 08:41:38 AM

I don't want to debate the IEO issue, it's true that most crypto lovers believe in the IEO program created by crypto projects, but they also analyze it first before believing it, because not all IEOs are good and the IEO also doesn't guarantee complete success.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
valter_dego

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 08:58:42 AM

I agree that some exchanges don't conduct a thorough study of projects before IEO. Therefore, users themselves should study - project site, whitepaper and development team.
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 10:26:12 AM

Well IEO has caused more harm to investors who think every exchanges are to be trusted without looking at the reputation of the exchange and the team behind the IEO project. well some IEO are doing very well. But never patronize  a shitty fake volume exchanges.

ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:09:38 PM

Actually I much more prefer to have my KYC done at an exchange than some random project. Who might sell my information. Sure some exchanges can't be trusted. But if you are already using the exchange in the first place than it's much more convenient to participate in the IEO.

First rule of crypto is to not invest more than you can afford to lose.
Second rule of crypto is to do your own research.
3rd rule Huh

4th PrOFitS
vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:14:02 PM

I don't agree with your statement, for me IEO is quite realistic and security is maintained. there is no element of harming or damaging the credibility of any bank.

daniel2023

Activity: 616
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:03:27 PM

Every rational investor must investigate each project carefully before investing. Whether, they are doing IEO or ICO. I have seen IEO projects that failed likewise ICO projects. In the same vain, i have seen IEO and ICO project that succeeded. The bottom-line is do your appraisal right.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:22:41 PM

The difference between ICO and IEO was only the inhance security of our funds, since the our funds are deposited in the exchange platform that act like a escrow we can sure that it is safe unless we invested in a shady exchange. The risk was the same wethere its ICO or IEO so choose the right project on the right exchange.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 01:23:34 PM

The arrival of IEO's has cause more harm done good in the sense that many do not seek to make their own research about projects that's are involve in IEO, everyone is made to believe the exchanges are in control and are bound to think the exchanges are in best position to know better and hence expect that the due deligence be done by them, but trust me most of this exchanges are rather soiling the space and aiding most of this projects to mislead investors....
Agreed or Disagree? Argue it out
that happened in a few small exchanges like IDAX, Exmarket, Lbank, Coineal, ...
But for large exchanges like Binance and Huobi, they won't do it. They will definitely pump and keep prices high for the projects listed on them.
because they are important to the level of prestige, the money they spend to raise the prices of IEO projects will make investors more confident in them and will become their true investors.
therefore, for projects supported by large exchanges, don't hesitate to invest in it, anyway, its price is still higher than the IEO price.

Tarion

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:29:27 PM

A lot of exchanges are doing their own research before announcing any IEO, at least Binance is doing so and there were no scam IEOs detected till now. But Bittrex has almost failed to launch a legit project as their first IEO. Luckily, Bittrex cancelled it few hours before the launch. But in general you are right, people are not caring about project details if they see Binance IEO.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:58:49 PM

Let me ask a simple question; the harms caused by ICOs can it be equated to any harm you think in IEOs? I think the answer is NO. In IEOs there are no scams only risks which to an extent is understandable. Exchanges only verify projects and team in there own way but can't guarantee long term sustainability of any project, thus left for the investors to do their due diligence.

hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 03:16:39 PM

Let me ask a simple question; the harms caused by ICOs can it be equated to any harm you think in IEOs? I think the answer is NO. In IEOs there are no scams only risks which to an extent is understandable. Exchanges only verify projects and team in there own way but can't guarantee long term sustainability of any project, thus left for the investors to do their due diligence.
Scam is possible if IEO is conducted on a new exchange that was created specifically for this purpose. But if you participate in IEO only on the top exchanges, then only the investment risks remain, because no one can guarantee the success of the project in the future.
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:36:43 PM

To be honest, I don't quite agree with your assessment, as long as you stick to the top cryptocurrency exchange(which we all know) and invest in only projects listed in their launchpad, you would not be losing any money in their IEO, atleast that has been the case so far.
The problem is that people are just generally impatient and would jump on any IEO they see even if it's in an obscure exchange that nobody knows or cares about.
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 07:56:35 PM

The arrival of IEO's has cause more harm done good in the sense that many do not seek to make their own research about projects that's are involve in IEO, everyone is made to believe the exchanges are in control and are bound to think the exchanges are in best position to know better and hence expect that the due deligence be done by them, but trust me most of this exchanges are rather soiling the space and aiding most of this projects to mislead investors....
Agreed or Disagree? Argue it out

Since this exchanges take over on launching the new projects in the crypto market. ICO market is completely down and many of the people never take steps to research about the project even though it has worst project background because it is listed on IEO of top exchanges. Please always think for long term investment if you believe it is possible then you can do it.

upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 08:08:12 PM

No research is done on the side of the investors right from the ICO days. That's why we keep falling for shits and scams. But with IEO, I doubt if the harm can be as bad as in the ICO days. Although IEO will have its own disadvantages but it is still very much better than ICO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: