Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:22:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alts today - prospects of trading, investing and mining  (Read 679 times)
altcoinEra

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 08:51:40 AM

Investing is good, however you must secure your funds as these markets are so volatile. Guys wrote about asic miners, they are expensive but worth investing I suppose. I have bought a miner in late 2018 as well, just to secure myself from dead loss Grin
Why asic miners are a way better option? They are really expensive, I have considered mining but successful mining requires many productive rigs. I don't have thousands in my pocket Embarrassed
you don't have to invest thousands. just afford yourself one miner and use it in a year you will have a miner income and trade as well.
altcoinEra

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:09:23 AM

Hello, peers! As I have faced the similar issue as the author, I would be pleased to hear, what option to choose from? Mining seems safe oprion but rather expensive. Trading seems as aka russian roulette, any ideas?
They are many possibilities to own asic rigs now. For example S17 model on clearance on asicequipment com. All is possible if you are ready to search and work for it a bit
UnbeatableHolder

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:16:59 AM

Investing is good, however you must secure your funds as these markets are so volatile. Guys wrote about asic miners, they are expensive but worth investing I suppose. I have bought a miner in late 2018 as well, just to secure myself from dead loss Grin
Why asic miners are a way better option? They are really expensive, I have considered mining but successful mining requires many productive rigs. I don't have thousands in my pocket Embarrassed
Asic miner you can use for a long time it will bring you thousands of usd. Asic rigs are more stable and significantly easier to handle it. Just plug in and enjoy. Old miners are fragile and hard to keep cleaned
RiskoMania

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:22:45 AM

Asic miner you can use for a long time it will bring you thousands of usd. Asic rigs are more stable and significantly easier to handle it. Just plug in and enjoy. Old miners are fragile and hard to keep cleaned
Gotcha, sound really interesting!  Grin
The3max

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:27:00 AM

In my opinion, most prospects that we can make or earn profits for altcoins are trading and investing. But, we must be selective in deciding which coins are better for trading and which coins for investment. They may be different from each other because every coin has a certain trading volume and circulation on the market exchange.
This is really a very difficult problem to solve, I always have a headache when I find myself a coin to keep. The wrong mistake, I wonder between 2 currencies A and B, when I buy A and keep it, B increases A, when I sell A to buy B then A increases and B decreases. I'm really stuck when I find myself a coin to hold

RiskoMania

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Hello, peers! As I have faced the similar issue as the author, I would be pleased to hear, what option to choose from? Mining seems safe oprion but rather expensive. Trading seems as aka russian roulette, any ideas?
They are many possibilities to own asic rigs now. For example S17 model on clearance on asicequipment com. All is possible if you are ready to search and work for it a bit
Why not T17 cause the price is the same Huh?
altcoinEra

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:32:20 AM

Why not T17 cause the price is the same Huh?
It is sold out and out of stock, you blind?
https://asicequipment.com/product/antminer-t17-40th-s/
greelzs (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 09:58:45 PM

I don't even know which alts I would consider worth investing in these days. Many of them need a miracle to go up a lot and I am just tired of believing in miracles. Wink

This is true, however still there are very attractive ones to mine, as I see from my own perspective
sarrpora

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:00:00 PM

This is true, however still there are very attractive ones to mine, as I see from my own perspective

Probably then we should consider the leading currencies in here. Like BTC, ETH, LTC and else.. And as many people have shared, also considering costs
greelzs (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:05:02 PM

Probably then we should consider the leading currencies in here. Like BTC, ETH, LTC and else.. And as many people have shared, also considering costs

But costs also greatly depend on the country, on the equipment and many other criteria, aren't they? So how can we consider mining then?
sarrpora

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:13:08 PM

But costs also greatly depend on the country, on the equipment and many other criteria, aren't they? So how can we consider mining then?

Yep, for sure many factors that matter. And this is why the question of mining choice is rather important.. And as I see, guys are recommending very advanced solutions in the thread. But of course, you should also consider trading and holding
greelzs (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:17:18 PM

Yep, for sure many factors that matter. And this is why the question of mining choice is rather important.. And as I see, guys are recommending very advanced solutions in the thread. But of course, you should also consider trading and holding

And as for you, have you used any from the list guys recommend in here? I mean the ones from Asicequipment?
sarrpora

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:18:04 PM

And as for you, have you used any from the list guys recommend in here? I mean the ones from Asicequipment?

Yes, I have. I've tried Antiminer S17 and T17, both models are very productive. Are you comparing to trading or holding mostly?
greelzs (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:19:23 PM

Yes, I have. I've tried Antiminer S17 and T17, both models are very productive. Are you comparing to trading or holding mostly?

I would say holding.. Kinda I see it being closer to mining, as this is more or less passive
sarrpora

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:20:10 PM

I would say holding.. Kinda I see it being closer to mining, as this is more or less passive

Then I would probably recommend you having a look at S17 at first. Plus Asicequipment is offering a free delivery, as I know, so you can try everything on your own much cheaper Wink
greelzs (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:22:36 PM

Then I would probably recommend you having a look at S17 at first. Plus Asicequipment is offering a free delivery, as I know, so you can try everything on your own much cheaper Wink

Anyway, will need to have a closer look. Because so far, as I see, you all are having different opinion regarding what is more beneficial...
sarrpora

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 10:23:07 PM

Anyway, will need to have a closer look. Because so far, as I see, you all are having different opinion regarding what is more beneficial...

You should evaluate everything on your own.. But good equipment definitely makes mining more profitable
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 02:36:34 AM

Its your choice,some will find trading easier than investing and some prefer mining than trading,i think you should try it out to know the one that will suit you,i ve done the three but i later exclude trading which is the most dangerous one on the list

MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 05:02:07 AM

All the work that you mentioned is very interesting and has many examples of cases, not even a few members here who share their experiences in each of the jobs. Now you only need to determine your passion, where the work that you think is suitable. Sometimes person A works as a trader, and person B works as an investor, then person A wants to be an investor and he experiences a loss, well means that person A does not have experience or investment is not his passion.

I would recommend trading. It is more profitable for me. Been long I stopped mining cryptocurrency, so I can not really tell how profitable it is today.  
If by "investing" you mean long-term trading or holding crypto, yes, I guess that would work too. But the profits won't be consistent.
If you are aiming for long term investment to maximized your profitable gains yes indeed, it's still fine doing this kind of investment it would be less stress as you are not trying to position yourself in each market situations, just place your target selling point and wait till it will be hit lesser time for you to keep checking unlike with short term trading where you need to compete with time to take your chances.

Long-term investment is indeed easier than having to trade daily, but you need to know that if accumulated between long-term investments and short-term trades, short-term trading income is far more.

Both jobs are indeed not easy, we must be able to analyze the market properly, not only in short-term trading but also in long-term investments, because we cannot take positions carelessly.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 05:09:12 AM

For me i chose investing over mining and trading,with investing all you have to do is learn how to find working projects with working products but mining is no more profitable anymore even with high end cards you won't get ROI in a year and trading should be crowned the king of quick loss

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: