Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BECOME PART OF AN EXCLUSIVE BITCOINTALK ART PROJECT  (Read 1263 times)
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 10:31:53 PM

To get back to the basics of the thread, its ultimately about the forum, and its a
pity to see that there isnt more interest in the threads idea.

A big portion of the forum is centered on speculation and the majority of users
dont give a toss for anything other than what tomorrow brings let alone next year.

Maybe factoring in speculation in the artwork is another line, how it would be done
im not sure.

So how is the project progressing? Have you thought further on the format, sizes
and materials?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 996

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 01:22:10 PM

To get back to the basics of the thread, its ultimately about the forum, and its a
pity to see that there isnt more interest in the threads idea.

A big portion of the forum is centered on speculation and the majority of users
dont give a toss for anything other than what tomorrow brings let alone next year.

Maybe factoring in speculation in the artwork is another line, how it would be done
im not sure.

So how is the project progressing? Have you thought further on the format, sizes
and materials?

It's true that I've been waiting for extra commentary, but I think most people are just looking forward to see what comes up next and that's ok.

Surely, we could touch on the speculation aspect and the development of tehnology is also a very important part of Bitcointalk, especially historically. But I would push the collecting and artwork aspects of this place, as that's what our corner is here for, right?

Taking that and all the input I've gotten into consideration, I will start working on one or two advanced sketches, that will set a horizon for this enterprise. Maybe I'll execute it/them on canvas so that they can become collectibles too.

As further collaboration is concerned, we could have a contest or voting that would determine which artifacts/symbols/objects would be incorporated into the final piece/s.

I'm still open to suggestions, but the window of pure brainstorming is going to shut pretty soon, so go for it!

I love Painting and I love Bitcoin.
Crypto_Collection

Activity: 210
Merit: 143

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 01:35:32 PM

I really like the sketch and representation of the forum (coin inspector). 

It would be interesting to see a representation of the manufacturing of the physical coin + hologram + keys and how they all come together before the coin inspector.

Great progress and I'm excited to see what you come up with!
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 01:59:31 PM

It would be interesting to see a representation of the manufacturing of the physical coin + hologram + keys and how they all come together before the coin inspector.

That could easily be visualized in the background or even somewhere in betwen - great idea!

Can I get a link of the manufacturing procedure explained and/or photographed please?

Crypto_Collection

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:12:59 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1), 1Dq (1)

That could easily be visualized in the background or even somewhere in betwen - great idea!

Can I get a link of the manufacturing procedure explained and/or photographed please?

Video on minting generic silver coins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyh9SI5UhnY

Assembling Casascius Coins:
https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmaZQG3z2652xufAi4Z5oEB2uAp4BvviKyacN9bx1AsSZD&channel=65218
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 01:53:12 PM

These were great introductions to the production, thank you!

Let's discuss the proper way to motivate and reward participation in this project.

Maybe we can settle on an initial investment of some sort to determine which products get exposed and how big that exposure will be? I would guarantee exposing those products/symbols/images for some sort of a fee, while still including those we would collectively settle on. It would all be visualized via sketches before working on the final thing.

The final artwork could either be raffled or auctioned, while patrons of the project would get free prints? I want for all of you guys who have added in any way and still will, to get something lush in return. For me, I wish for a fair artist's fee, depending on how much effort it will take and how successful the final product will be.

I'd like to settle this out before I start my 100% investment into producing this.  Cool

Any experiences or ideas on how to do this?

StackItUp
Copper Member

Activity: 563
Merit: 41

Stack BTC

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 03:46:07 PM

Following and supporting you Smiley count me in , haha Cool

"The computer can be used as a tool to liberate and protect people, rather than to control them." Hal Finney
Crypto_Collection

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 05:52:29 PM

Let's discuss the proper way to motivate and reward participation in this project.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of paying for exposure, but could be interesting if people voted for a coin / maker they'd want featured by making a small donation to charities (Save the Bees,  Free Ross, Tor, Support the Amazon, ect...).  

People could post TXID along with their vote for a coin / maker they would like to see, and everyone who makes a donation would receive a print  Grin

It'd be nice to see a sketch how coins / makers would be featured before voting.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2019, 09:35:49 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the idea of paying for exposure, but could be interesting if people voted for a coin / maker they'd want featured by making a small donation to charities (Save the Bees,  Free Ross, Tor, Support the Amazon, ect...).  

People could post TXID along with their vote for a coin / maker they would like to see, and everyone who makes a donation would receive a print  Grin

It'd be nice to see a sketch how coins / makers would be featured before voting.

Donations to charities are a good addition to the brainstorming mix (and also good for promotion of course), so let's keep that in mind. Any article reporting on the Bitcoin community donating to charities is good for public awareness and Bitcoin exposure.

I'll go make an advanced sketch of the Examining collectibles motif, using recently discussed ideas. It'll make it easier to plan further steps.

This project is still open to random ideas, but not for much longer!

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 10:01:11 AM
Merited by 1Dq (1)

Love the idea. Just been really busy lately and thus not commented here.
Here is some basic input: To me, Bitcoin is a fundamentally disruptive technology and therefore thriving with potential and energy. -> I love to express this in my art usually with lightning bolts, laserbeams, fireblazes, plasmabursts etc. surrounding the logo.
Another general idea: Bitcoin will impact so many different aspects of the modern society / life, so showing this connectedness is always on my mind when creating Bitcoin art.

Really looking forward to see whatt this experiment will lead up to. Keep up the great work, 1Dq.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 03:17:54 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2024, 01:01:52 PM by 1Dq
Merited by SuperTA (1)

Back with an updated sketch with lots of upgrades based on what we were discussing.

First off, I expanded it into three pieces! We could even go further to five or seven, but three seems ok for now.
This way the process of producing a collectible from start to finish is told in much greater detail and opens other options for adding content. The three pieces would be connected both via shapes and colors and the story.

The composition starts with the piece on the left, which visualizes the internet. Cubic shapes emerge from the center (genesis) as it is established as a timeline. Said shapes represent the Blockchain, Bitcointalk and other crucial places, with users being smaller cubes, interacting with the big ones. This entire piece would be very futuristic and abstract, something like in Tron:

Of course, I would make it more painterly, with brush strokes, as that's my forte.  Cool

The middle piece stayed mostly the same, I just made the two guys younger. As with everything else, execution and detail would be on another level on the final piece.

The last part, on the right, we have our final product in the hands of the new owner. It has some small part of the internet still in the background, because I wanted to show that what happens here affects the "real" world. I made a drone deliver the collectible, but that's just one of many ideas that could work here. We could show ways Bitcoin is manifest in the real world and different kinds of collectibles.

I know the sketch is very sloppy, but it should serve its purpose, to get us another step ahead!

Let me know what you think and let's focus on details, every little bit will help a lot!

Crypto_Collection

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:56:13 PM
Merited by 1Dq (1)

Awesome progress!

The first piece should represent Blockchain (loading), manufacturing and assembling (creation/design)
-Freshly minted bits, buyer funded coins, DIY
-Bridge between digital and physical
-Verified Value

The second piece should represent BTCTalk, user interactions, Pros, Collectors, Investors, Developers (critiques)

The third could represent auctions, raffles, trades, peeling, adding to a collection, coin shows, grading and resales (what happens to coins)

Just some more ideas, hope this helps  Smiley
1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 09:03:52 AM

Awesome progress!

The first piece should represent Blockchain (loading), manufacturing and assembling (creation/design)
-Freshly minted bits, buyer funded coins, DIY
-Bridge between digital and physical
-Verified Value

The second piece should represent BTCTalk, user interactions, Pros, Collectors, Investors, Developers (critiques)

The third could represent auctions, raffles, trades, peeling, adding to a collection, coin shows, grading and resales (what happens to coins)

Just some more ideas, hope this helps  Smiley

Thanks for specific ideas - that's just the direction I was going for! If you (or anyone else) has any images that pop into your minds when thinking about these subjects, please link them!

This is awesome! I like your progress so far! Your updates based on discussion are really good! I like it!

I'm in the middle of preparing PHASE 2 with a brand new post, while this one will remain for the purpose of ongoing brainstorming. Can't wait to go onto the next step.  Grin

1Dq (OP)
Copper Member

Crypto Artist

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2024, 01:35:17 PM

Hello.

Yes, it's been 4 and a half years since my last post in this amazing thread.

This is why I'd like to start by saying I apologize to everyone that was excited by ideas in this thread and if you felt disapointed - I get it and I'm sorry.
I got sucked into other work that needed my immediate attention and before I knew it months passed and my head was elsewhere.

Recently I've started returning to this forum (and Bitcoin in general) more and more and started pondering new projects.

One is almost ready to be presented to you and will start in a similar way as projects in this thread.

But then this thread already exists! We came very far brainstorming one particular idea and I think it would be a shame to not give it a fresh chance.
So I'm jumping back at the wheel!

I'll try to be more concrete in navigating it so it becomes a real artifact asap.  Cool

TLDR;

This project is back. This was where we left it (copy&paste from previous post):

It is a composition of three pieces. We could even go further to five or seven, but three seems ok for now.
This way the process of producing a collectible from start to finish is told in much greater detail and opens other options for adding content. The three pieces would be connected both via shapes and colors and the story.

The composition starts with the piece on the left, which visualizes the internet. Cubic shapes emerge from the center (genesis) as it is established as a timeline. Said shapes represent the Blockchain, Bitcointalk and other crucial places, with users being smaller cubes, interacting with the big ones. This entire piece would be very futuristic and abstract, something like in Tron:

Of course, I would make it more painterly, with brush strokes, as that's my forte.  Cool

The middle piece stayed mostly the same, I just made the two guys younger. As with everything else, execution and detail would be on another level on the final piece.

The last part, on the right, we have our final product in the hands of the new owner. It has some small part of the internet still in the background, because I wanted to show that what happens here affects the "real" world. I made a drone deliver the collectible, but that's just one of many ideas that could work here. We could show ways Bitcoin is manifest in the real world and different kinds of collectibles.

I know the sketch is very sloppy, but it should serve its purpose, to get us another step ahead!

Let me know what you think and let's focus on details, every little bit will help a lot!

This is where we jump in. I know I have plenty ideas on improving on above sketch and I'm sure you will too.

I'll start working on improved sketches as soon as ideas start rolling in.

Can't wait to see where this takes us. Please comment just about any aspect of this!

Cheers!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: