Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:02:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How far will BTC stay afloat from internet hackers / bad publicity / decisions made by Bitcoiners
1-3 years - 4 (16%)
5 years + - 0 (0%)
10 years + - 4 (16%)
2140 Wink - 15 (60%)
Post instead Your Own Answer - 2 (8%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Data collected by the United States Government  (Read 1236 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Edward Snowden Recent Interview

What is everyones opinions on the bad publicity BTCitcoin has received ever since Mt.Gox went down and the CEO had funds frozen at least in the BTCitcoin Network we do not operate like the US Reserve, just bailing banks out and raising the debt ceiling! (Leads to demise)

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning"  -GuessWho!:-*

Let's get a good weekend conversation going with comprehensive & intellectual opinions on how the internet & financial realms will change within the next 5-10 years (specifically stay on the topic of BTC without going off into too many gray areas within these aspects, we already know the NSA is NOT 'working as intended'

Thanks in advance & enjoy the weekend!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:24:28 PM

Bitcoin will stay because of this : https://blockchain.info/fr/charts/difficulty?timespan=1year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=
Trance (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:29:48 PM

What exactly is this stating? I'm interested!

Please explain what you mean by BTCitcoin will "stay" of course it will be here, but will it be feasible and plausible to use, and for how long?

Thanks for the post lol

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:39:42 PM

I use bitcoin like i use paypal with Euro.
Proof.

Bitcoin will replace the internet money ... when currency crash.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

Without further do, I think that the "NWO" will consist of FOUR main 'Unions' globally, each 'Union' will have their OWN cryptocurrency! BTCitcoin being the USA's currency, created and watched by the NSA as a giant project to see how the masses react to such sudden change, innovation, dilemmas at hand.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

Without further do, I think that the "NWO" will consist of FOUR main 'Unions' globally, each 'Union' will have their OWN cryptocurrency! BTCitcoin being the USA's currency, created and watched by the NSA as a giant project to see how the masses react to such sudden change, innovation, dilemmas at hand.

Just curious, who are the other three "unions?"

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:41:24 PM

^^^ I would like to know as well please.

Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:45:43 PM

all 2140 BTC will be in https://blockchain.info/address/1Kj3tE3uLKbFrdmzmdi5twjzCRCxAxMwCq by then   Shocked

this i promise, i'm leaving them in a will   Shocked
amspir

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

Just throwing this out there, but Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:53:31 PM

I'm more concerned about the data being revealed ABOUT my government, than the data they are collecting about me.

Because the more I learn about my government, the more horrified and angry I become.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
KenJackson

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:39:58 PM

... BTCitcoin being the USA's currency, created and watched by the NSA as a giant project to see how the masses react to such sudden change, innovation, dilemmas at hand.

If other cryptocurrencies become popular in other countries to transfer money, do you think NSA won't watch them?

It's very interesting that you say it was created by NSA.  Others proposed  that theory, and I think the theory has some legs.

The Arab world has it's own centuries-old system of transferring money person-to-person which has been used by terrorists.  NSA hates it because it's leaves no paper trail and is essentially impenetrable.  So what better way to penetrate it than to woo them to replace it?  To do that, you would need to invent something that seems faster, more reliable, more secure and anonymous, but isn't quite.

I wonder if NSA invented bitcoin specifically to woo terrorists and other enemies to transfer operational funds via bitcoins so they can follow the money.  It's good if they did, because it would nearly be a guarantee that Congress won't try to wrongfully usurp authority over it.
Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IbuleM9VTY
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 09:17:58 PM

Looks like I am in the majority. I predict big bounties of bitcoin being placed to track down hackers.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:37:30 PM

Looks like I am in the majority. I predict big bounties of bitcoin being placed to track down hackers.

Sorry but that is stupid.
Do you expect a hacker that can do this NOT to do it for his/her own benefit?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:49:36 PM

Just throwing this out there, but Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia.

...and do we know which altcoin will rule each sector?   Cheesy

Trance (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:31:02 AM

Use your imagination, think of the current World Powers and their interests  Tongue

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:35:28 AM

... BTCitcoin being the USA's currency, created and watched by the NSA as a giant project to see how the masses react to such sudden change, innovation, dilemmas at hand.

If other cryptocurrencies become popular in other countries to transfer money, do you think NSA won't watch them?

It's very interesting that you say it was created by NSA.  Others proposed  that theory, and I think the theory has some legs.

The Arab world has it's own centuries-old system of transferring money person-to-person which has been used by terrorists.  NSA hates it because it's leaves no paper trail and is essentially impenetrable.  So what better way to penetrate it than to woo them to replace it?  To do that, you would need to invent something that seems faster, more reliable, more secure and anonymous, but isn't quite.

I wonder if NSA invented bitcoin specifically to woo terrorists and other enemies to transfer operational funds via bitcoins so they can follow the money.  It's good if they did, because it would nearly be a guarantee that Congress won't try to wrongfully usurp authority over it.

Something new and amazing that helps both tyrants and libertarians?
I've considered that before....We don't really know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: