Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huawei Chinese version of Libra ?  (Read 730 times)
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:27:23 AM

I think Huawei is taunting thr western country for this statement. Actually China doesnt have a good tie up with US which clearly the hometown of Libra Project. Well, I admit this is a so called revenge for pulling off thr huawei removal of anndroid on their Mobile phones. Well I guess, Chinese firm are into cryptocurrency after all, inspite of all banning they issue on it few years back. Libra is a grea project and even SEC is scrutinizing it until now. Anyways I wanted to know if Huawei will really do one cause to be honest this will be interesting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kissubaby

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 08:32:17 AM

They want to do it because they are greedy and wanted to make more money out of the crypto market. They know that having their own token, they will have total control. That's why many crypto enthusiast are shunning away from Libra.

As far as the Chinese version, I think it wouldn't gain that much traction. Probably in their country, but outside the sphere, this will be just another shitcoin, IMHO.

You know China is a country with one of the largest population on earth,
and they have copy clones for every single application available in the western world?

QQ and WeChat, (Chinese Whatsapp clone)
Renren (chinese facebook clone)
Weibo (chinese Twitter clone)
Youku Tudou (chinese youtube cloen)
Dianping, Douban....

I am not surprised by this move at all.

how could QQ be a whatsapp clone?  QQ exist way before whatsapp Smiley
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:33:40 AM

There is nothing surprising.Every company wants to earn as much as possible.Releasing their coin, they will significantly increase their profits.It's obvious.They do not care for bitcoin and any other altcoin.They have in their hands a powerful working company with its products.And this trump.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:39:00 AM

Soon there will be a parade of new coins from the tech giants.This is just the beginning.Who knows what will happen to Libra,but if Huawei will release its own coin-it will be the starting point for all other companies.You'll see.
moonhub

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:55:52 AM

Soon there will be a parade of new coins from the tech giants.This is just the beginning.Who knows what will happen to Libra,but if Huawei will release its own coin-it will be the starting point for all other companies.You'll see.

Do you really think so about the starting point?
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 12:09:40 PM

This is done because they want to get greater results from the cryptocurrency world and I'm sure libra will not be allowed in China because it can weaken their own currency, and if they want to create their own coins this might be a very difficult process.

As far as i know libra is now postponed to promote and advertise due the some reason need to,protect by developers none another than the giant social media company facebook.
The reason is UNITED STATES government is against for this project correct me if not wrong.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 01:57:25 PM

It is possible. All we know how the China thinks. In terms of digital currency they are very sensetive and they want their own digital currency so they don't want to entertain other crypto to enter their country so they crypto. But I don't surprise if they are not alone to built their own crypto. Like in huwaie who already have a 5g features that they launched but all the idea is coming from Filipino and Japanese expert so it is not impossible.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 07:38:42 PM

Now each and every big corporate will come up with their own crypto currency. Libra is just a starting point. Looking forward for announcement from Microsoft next.

Huawei might succeed, but their cryptocurrency will be more popular for Asian investors. In China, Facebook has been prohibited since 2009, so the giant of social networks does not expect to launch Libra in this country. However, we know that everything can happen here, and the things in the crypto world have been changing very fast. Whatever happens, Huawei seems to be too serious not to fulfil its plans.
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 10:50:50 PM

This continued battle between america and china is definitely getting out of hand and its sad that the rivalry will also penetrate into the crypto ecosystem should incase a chinese firm launches its own version of libra..Ultimately the hype would definitely be good for the space but the centralized nature both will be working with will defintely be a shorffall

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:18:04 PM

Most likely, Huawei also will not create its own stable coin, similar to Libra. The creation of such a global coin cannot be trusted in private hands. Then, so that the global financial system is not in a fever, the government will have to support such a private company.
Recently, information has appeared that something similar could create the Chinese government. This is already more real. Moreover, China may ignore the opinion of the United States and even other states on this matter. This is important, given that this was the reason for the actual closure of the Libra project.
No matter the effort they put into creating the coin, it would still have its own boundary because how many coins will be created for global use, we cannot use so many coins as the same time and we can only use one. No, I can see that we are having lots of competition, and don’t be shocked if every country now start raising their own currency also, so who will then succumb to who, most of these people are just doing this to create competition and also to limit the monopoly of anyone of them.

If Facebook creates its own now, and Huawei creates its own coin too, it means china will never look at Libra, while Americans will never look at Huawei coin also, then other countries will then follow same step.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: