Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adoption Over Bull Run  (Read 942 times)
firmino10 (OP)

Activity: 372
Merit: 11

elysian.finance

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:20:27 PM
Merited by adekogbe (3), danherbias07 (1), qwizzie (1)

I see a lot of people complaining about the volatility of crypto market with the prices of all their altcoins have reducing drastically, and they hope for the bull run to come and everything should increase. I think that the bull run is not the best solution to the volatility of the crypto market, but adoption.

The best and main solution to the volatility of the crypto market is real world adoption. There are alot of cryptocurrency project that are very good and innovative but are not yet adopted that people outside the crypto space (which is a few percentage of the world economy), therefore there value is subjected to the market changes. But if they get adopted by the real world and there token value is based on the real economy (i.e daily usage by people) then the value would be on the increase regardless of whether the market is bullish or bearish.

ELYSIAN FINANCE      Next generation reverse backed token   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     Github  ◥ Telegram   ◥ Twitter   ◥ Discord             Trustless and decentralized 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN Elysian Finance   ❰❰❰
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:32:45 PM

volatility disappears only when we will have a huge market capitalization. with large capitalization, it will be impossible or very difficult to manipulate

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:36:45 PM

I agree that we need adoption over bull runs, here are some interesting articles by one of the crypto projects that is focussed
specifically on adoption by addressing speed & cheap costs of transactions, ease of use, and using switching incentives :

https://dashnews.org/ryan-taylor-dapi-to-solve-key-business-adoption-barrier-for-cryptocurrency/
https://dashnews.org/dashs-ryan-taylor-bitcoin-screwed-up-all-three-requirements-for-mass-adoption/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
PaoAj

Activity: 199
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:41:38 PM

I see a lot of people complaining about the volatility of crypto market with the prices of all their altcoins have reducing drastically, and they hope for the bull run to come and everything should increase. I think that the bull run is not the best solution to the volatility of the crypto market, but adoption.

The best and main solution to the volatility of the crypto market is real world adoption. There are alot of cryptocurrency project that are very good and innovative but are not yet adopted that people outside the crypto space (which is a few percentage of the world economy), therefore there value is subjected to the market changes. But if they get adopted by the real world and there token value is based on the real economy (i.e daily usage by people) then the value would be on the increase regardless of whether the market is bullish or bearish.

I love this post and this is something that not all bag holders see. A lot of people only care about getting ROI and I definitely agree that adoption is what we needed to get to the level that we wanted. There has been a lot of efforts done, like Justin Sun's plan to have lunch with Warren Buffet to change his mind about how crypto is (I think it was cancelled though), companies that introduce their products to companies that involve blockchain technology to help mass adoption, and many more. There are also big headlines such as major companies accepting crypto now as payment like AT&T, etc.
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:43:23 PM

OP is not far from the truth but i doubt if many in the crypto sphere are in for adoption, many in the crypto sphere are only here for profit and nothing more and the real world have little or no knowledge about the use of decentralization and crypto to solve real life problem.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:55:19 PM

they're interconnected and both of them need be taken into consideration. bull run in a way attracts people to crypto space which can escalate adoption in a way. but when you're talking about adoption, you have to consider different people and their needs when speaking of adoption/bullrun. One can help other in many ways but one without the other can have implications that can slow it down.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bernardos

Activity: 686
Merit: 45

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:09:46 PM

I agree with the thread starter here. But if crypto wants to go mainstream it needs to become as easy to use as fiat money. Unfortunately that is not the case. People are all about usability. They no longer wanted to stand in line in banks so banks created credit cards. Now it takes too long to use standard credit cards so banks created contactless credit cards.
This is the road the crypto needs to take, make it easier and cheaper for the regular Joe to possess crypto currencies.

Content writer and Croatian translator. Contact me for more information.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:11:01 PM

OP is not far from the truth but i doubt if many in the crypto sphere are in for adoption, many in the crypto sphere are only here for profit and nothing more and the real world have little or no knowledge about the use of decentralization and crypto to solve real life problem.

There are two type of participants within the crypto sphere :

1*   : Startups and investors with longterm plans, who think crypto will play an important part in the years to follow. They tend to have multi-year strategies in place.
2** : Day traders and speculators that are far more focussed on shortterm price movements

*   hamstringed by a lack of clear regulation and are therefore forced to move at slow speed
** hamstringed by the fact that this is a relative new market that can be easily moved by information (hype / hacks / new information) and on which technical analysis do not
     work as well as for example on stock markets

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:18:12 PM

but in my opinion, a lot of financial services and governments already learn about blockchain technology, i read it on several online media about blockhain
and facebook a large social media company will create libra as their cryptocurrency
thats really a big sign if mass adoptions on crypto world already on the way my friend

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 01:21:07 PM

Investors wants price to keep increase.

Enthusiast wants price to settle at some range to use them as currency which is the thing can make adoption possible.

So this litereally depends on the people how they see crypto currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:12:17 PM

Cryptocurrency adoption and bullish market sentiments(Bullrun) are both important elements in the cryptocurrency space. Since it can drive the price of any particular coin/token in the particular period. But the big question is how can we promote crypto adoption in this current crypto environment that full of scams and fraudulent activities it doesnt make sense.
Drai

Activity: 567
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:23:08 PM

Believe it or not, the continued rise of cryptocurrency prices is directly tied to it's worldwide adoption because nothing makes people pick interest faster than a quick profit, the profit might draw them in but the technology keeps them, this is exactly what happened to me, now I am a die hard Cryptocurrency fan.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

You are correct but where there's limited supply and speculation, no currency would have a natural price. Almost all of crypto currency are inflated in price just due to speculation. Adoption and use is the real determinant of the price but it has in real very low effect on the current price of altcoins.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:49:21 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2019, 03:01:49 PM by bitsurfer2014

I think neither a bull run nor a massive adoption will solve the volatility of cryptocurrencies since being volatile is an inherent nature of digital assets - (except for stable coins) and I guess there is nothing much we could do about it. Though its a little bit surprising why most holders / traders would prefer it as a way to take advantage of market trends and subsequently increase their assets by capitalizing through cryptocurrencies volatility hence it is favored by speculators. Imho.
Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:53:34 PM

Cryptos will not be so volatile when we reach the mass adoption and it is normal. You are right, but who said that volatility is bad for us? Volatility opens tons of opportunities of how to make money on trading, especially if you are good in margin trading.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 02:56:34 PM

very good thread. I just realized, that we only concentrate on prices, without thinking about aspects that can raise prices significantly. for what is a good project but cannot be applied that products, so that the project will be useless, and the price will definitely fall because there is no demand

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:03:00 PM

You are right, real world adoption is one of the things that will reduce the volatility of this space. The problem is, most projects are only hype while the team within most projects are after their own pocket thus not caring in whatsoever written in their whitepaper. I think once the right step is taken there will be a tremendous turnaround.

EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:14:57 PM

Remember that cryptocurrencies price are only depend on supply and demand. When there is many people who comes and intend to using them then that is automatically the cryptocurrencies price will goes up. Thus far, the best factor who will make cryptocurrencies price going up and we can say it as a bull run time is adoption.

I haven't found another aspect which can make cryptocurrencies price meet a bull run expect the adoption factor. As you may know, at 2017 ago when cryptocurrencies price touch an ATH and got popular was caused by mass adoption. Microsoft, facebook and more giant company choose bitcoin and altcoin as payment system which is mean this aspect was caused by adoption. So, I wouldn't be supprised when mass adoption came the bull run will come also.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 03:29:25 PM

You are very correct, walking into your local Starbucks and paying with Bitcoin would have the effect of making bitcoin more popular and mainstream and would likely trigger a massive bullrun like never before, when credit cards were first introduced, it might not have been popular but look at the impact it has on our lives now.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 03:53:34 PM

very good thread. I just realized, that we only concentrate on prices, without thinking about aspects that can raise prices significantly. for what is a good project but cannot be applied that products, so that the project will be useless, and the price will definitely fall because there is no demand

Yeah , that's true . We are too enthusiastic about speculation on the stock exchanges and do not pay attention to the real work that projects are doing to develop their business. I am very impressed with projects that, instead of simply conducting an aggressive marketing campaign and making money by selling their coins, simply work on partnerships and improving their ecosystems. Such projects can achieve great success in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: