Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member Introduction - Private Jet Charter  (Read 234 times)
bitluxkyle (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 05:03:42 PM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

Hello all!

My name is Kyle, I'm the President of a company called BitLux. We specialize in global private jet charter and have been in the industry for quite some time (I was raised in it).

I just wanted to introduce myself a bit and say hello!

The Beginning

I started my journey into Crypto in 2017 (great year, I know...) but it was an interesting one. I had someone repay me for lunch in Etherium and I just watched the entire thing happen.

At the time, and still today, I have relationships with some very high net-worth individuals in nearly every area of industry around the Globe, so I begun to as questions about crypto, what thoughts were, etc.

The Idea
One day, at a previous company that I used to run, a client of ours - very large in the cryptosphere - needed a last minute trip that totaled to about $108,000. Since we were not set up to receive anything in crypto, we had to charge the credit card, which had some pretty insane fees attached to it.

Shortly after that, about 20 seconds, it hit me like a ton of bricks - we should be using crypto for things like this. Taking prime advantage of every aspect of crypto. Instant payment (nearly), privacy, guaranteed payment, not having to deal with god awful merchants, you know the drill...

So, I kept asking around and found that surprisingly, many more of the top-tier people I work with on a daily basis hold cryptocurrency. It'd be a great idea to get a brand and infrastructure in place to facilitate the use of crypto-payments and utilization wherever I can.

The Start
In May of 2018, we accepted our first flight paid for in BCH. Everything went well and things slowed down a little on the crypto revenue front. However, this did lead to a great beginning.

Later, in 2018, October, we were asked by a crypto investment firm for other flights - these did go well. Luckily, we started using BitPay to start accepting payments, which prevented us from losing too much - no joke, 2 days after one of our paid invoices, BTC made the drop from $6k to $4k.

Sustainability
Over the course of the next few months, we began to have referrals in the crypto-sphere. In December, we had 5 different deals, all paid for with crypto across different areas in the Globe - Bahamas, the US, and Europe.

For the first time, I really started to grasp how much of a solution we were really providing. Three of the five trips that we had were last minute trips - one musician, one businessman, and one private couple had to be up in the air within hours - crypto was the ONLY way this could have been accomplished.

Current Status
So far, we've invoiced well over $200,000 in various crypto-currencies - which is fantastic. With a business that runs over $1m a year in revenue, having $200,000 in received crypto payments has been quite the accomplishment. We are slowly working our way into spaces where crypto is actively earned. We've found that while people hold crypto, people don't utilize it. Why?

Well, it seems fairly obvious that the majority of crypto holders and enthusiasts see BTC (mainly) as an investment vehicle. Which brings up a slew of other questions related to adoption and utilization. What will it take to actively earn crypto in place of fiat? How stable does a particular crypto have to be in order for people to feel comfortable using it? What infrastructure needs to be fueled with crypto before it is easily used?

Moving Forward
The best part is yet to come... Some of our long term goals include a lot more than simply accepting crypto. Believe it or not, Aviation as a whole has very archaic infrastructure and there is a lot of room for error in a lot of places. We have plans on the back burner (warming up) to look at replacing some of these archaic systems and place them on a blockchain. While I cannot delve too far into the exact metrics that we want to have regularly and securely audited, we can safely say we're happily looking forward to the future.

To sum up MY opinion on the future of blockchain tech and crypto utilization in Aviation - I think there are a lot of infrastructure needs that need to be met before the full utilization can take place - services like fueling, ramp handing, crew payments, etc. Once we get the majority of building blocks running on crypto payments and blockchain tech, it'll all come together.

Why am I here?

To read and respond! I have used public forums for tons of things in the past and I am surprised that I haven't stumbled across this until now.

I'd really like to hear input from people based on experience in watching markets make a transition to blockchain tech - not NEW industries, but rather how things have been shifting over from existing industries.

Looking forward to some discussion!

-- K

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 08:22:57 AM

Hello all!

My name is Kyle, I'm the President of a company called BitLux. We specialize in global private jet charter and have been in the industry for quite some time (I was raised in it).

Why am I here?

To read and respond! I have used public forums for tons of things in the past and I am surprised that I haven't stumbled across this until now.

I'd really like to hear input from people based on experience in watching markets make a transition to blockchain tech - not NEW industries, but rather how things have been shifting over from existing industries.

-- K

Hi Kyle

I will be looking for a flight from Las Vegas on the 4th evening or 5th in the morning to Van Nuys then going back to Vegas on the 8th, do you know your average prices for the service going LA-VEGAS?

thanks in advanec
/KX

demure

Activity: 115
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 09:12:12 AM

Hello,

I am CEO of a crypto related web development company and we can help you with web application development, crypto payments accepting, updating of your current system with new features and so on.

If you will need one of these services - just let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day!
bitluxkyle (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 02:32:07 PM

That is awesome!

Is there a thread on this? Would love to read about some of your projects
demure

Activity: 115
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:17:36 PM

That is awesome!

Is there a thread on this? Would love to read about some of your projects

I don’t have a thread like yours, but my company has built the biggest Netherlands cryptocurrency exchange with its own ATMs network. If you want to know it’s name - please PM me.

Currently, we are developing system for future solar energy park which is based also in Netherlands. This park will produce free solar energy and mine cryptocurrency from it Smiley

DrBadBeat

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 03:42:36 PM

Pretty crazy to think you can now book private charter jets with cryptocurrency. Shows how far it has come and why it will continue to do so.

Good luck sir!
bitluxkyle (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2019, 04:58:35 PM

Pretty crazy to think you can now book private charter jets with cryptocurrency. Shows how far it has come and why it will continue to do so.

Good luck sir!

Thanks! You know, I think its an undeniable facet of adoption for the top tiers to start using something.

Microwaves, TVs, Cellphones, you name it - top tiers had it first and helped establish the authority.

Same thing goes with fear. Good god almighty - how many people thought a microwave would kill the entire family when they first came out? I remember when cellphones "could cause brain damage." The whole nine. People still believe that today!

But, these things take time, examples, application, and then the blind faith will come.
tiknack

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 10:36:33 PM

Good luck sir!
It's all impressive and stuff, but we're still so far away from the actual future
aries9

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 04:22:39 AM

Hello all!

I just wanted to introduce myself a bit and say hello!

The Beginning

I started my journey into Crypto in 2017 (great year, I know...) but it was an interesting one. I had someone repay me for lunch in Etherium and I just watched the entire thing happen.

At the time, and still today, I have relationships with some very high net-worth individuals in nearly every area of industry around the Globe, so I begun to as questions about crypto, what thoughts were, etc.

The Idea
One day, at a previous company that I used to run, a client of ours - very large in the cryptosphere - needed a last minute trip that totaled to about $108,000. Since we were not set up to receive anything in crypto, we had to charge the credit card, which had some pretty insane fees attached to it.

Shortly after that, about 20 seconds, it hit me like a ton of bricks - we should be using crypto for things like this. Taking prime advantage of every aspect of crypto. Instant payment (nearly), privacy, guaranteed payment, not having to deal with god awful merchants, you know the drill...

So, I kept asking around and found that surprisingly, many more of the top-tier people I work with on a daily basis hold cryptocurrency. It'd be a great idea to get a brand and infrastructure in place to facilitate the use of crypto-payments and utilization wherever I can.

The Start
In May of 2018, we accepted our first flight paid for in BCH. Everything went well and things slowed down a little on the crypto revenue front. However, this did lead to a great beginning.

Later, in 2018, October, we were asked by a crypto investment firm for other flights - these did go well. Luckily, we started using BitPay to start accepting payments, which prevented us from losing too much - no joke, 2 days after one of our paid invoices, BTC made the drop from $6k to $4k.

Sustainability
Over the course of the next few months, we began to have referrals in the crypto-sphere. In December, we had 5 different deals, all paid for with crypto across different areas in the Globe - Bahamas, the US, and Europe.

For the first time, I really started to grasp how much of a solution we were really providing. Three of the five trips that we had were last minute trips - one musician, one businessman, and one private couple had to be up in the air within hours - crypto was the ONLY way this could have been accomplished.

Current Status
So far, we've invoiced well over $200,000 in various crypto-currencies - which is fantastic. With a business that runs over $1m a year in revenue, having $200,000 in received crypto payments has been quite the accomplishment. We are slowly working our way into spaces where crypto is actively earned. We've found that while people hold crypto, people don't utilize it. Why?

Well, it seems fairly obvious that the majority of crypto holders and enthusiasts see BTC (mainly) as an investment vehicle. Which brings up a slew of other questions related to adoption and utilization. What will it take to actively earn crypto in place of fiat? How stable does a particular crypto have to be in order for people to feel comfortable using it? What infrastructure needs to be fueled with crypto before it is easily used?

Moving Forward
The best part is yet to come... Some of our long term goals include a lot more than simply accepting crypto. Believe it or not, Aviation as a whole has very archaic infrastructure and there is a lot of room for error in a lot of places. We have plans on the back burner (warming up) to look at replacing some of these archaic systems and place them on a blockchain. While I cannot delve too far into the exact metrics that we want to have regularly and securely audited, we can safely say we're happily looking forward to the future.

To sum up MY opinion on the future of blockchain tech and crypto utilization in Aviation - I think there are a lot of infrastructure needs that need to be met before the full utilization can take place - services like fueling, ramp handing, crew payments, etc. Once we get the majority of building blocks running on crypto payments and blockchain tech, it'll all come together.

Why am I here?

-- K

It’s nice of you to share your story. This is the kind of transition everyone in the cryptosphere is hoping for. Cryptocurrency not only as an alternative, but possibly as a replacement to fiat. However, to get there, there’s so much to accomplish, there’s the technical infrastructure side, political,  and public opinion. In the US today,  major financial institutions prohibit opening of any business or personal account that deals with cryptocurrency. Without the banks’ approval and support, establishments will find it challenging to implement cryptocurrency integration to their business. More importantly, the general public’s opinion on btc’s actual value requires alignment.

In time, all these will materialize. With businesses like yours, who are successful in incorporating cryptocurrency payments to their transactions coming out to tell the good news, others would pick-up and finally realize that it can be done and that there are more advantages  than cons. It’s just a matter of spreading the word out. Congratulations, keep it up and keep it loud.
bitluxkyle (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 04:25:27 AM

Hello all!

Why am I here?

-- K

Hi Kyle

I will be looking for a flight from Las Vegas on the 4th evening or 5th in the morning to Van Nuys then going back to Vegas on the 8th, do you know your average prices for the service going LA-VEGAS?

thanks in advanec
/KX

Sorry - didnt see this! Sent you a PM
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 09:04:48 PM

If this is LEGIT? I would like to say This is the place to reach MASS CRYPTO ADOPTION.

I also want to add that I believe if you were to create a signature for your website and had a few higher ranking (and TRUSTED) members  advertise is you could possibly double or even triple in CRYPTO revenue. 

You are entering BITCOIN in comparison to AMAZON in the 90's another 10 years from now there is no telling how much 1 BTC will be worth!

I have a little trust built with the community. I would be willing to help run a signature campaign for your company!

I would also use a correct avatar and wear the signature so long as PAYMENTS came on time ( EVERY TIME)

If you are interested in a signature campaign, PM me for inquiries!

If you can come up with the money in crypto I know some high trusted members here that can design a signature and etc!

I am trying to find a way to earn a little extra money myself. I am in a tight spot and could use some extra money!  Just a thought!

I really like the idea!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 05:05:33 AM

I made an avatar for the day lol I will probably remove it in the morning but there is my avatar. As far as people who would create a signature. I would look into roslinp! 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=896707.0

This is a link to their signature creations thread!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: