Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good alt hodl posts and "motivation" from the past?  (Read 125 times)
vvpacc (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 10:15:56 AM

Hi there,

I have huge unrealized profits + I am more than 80% down on my average entry for some altcoins.

I still have profit, and I still have more than my initial investment, but some kind of help is needed.

While I realize that it is all  market cycles and such, I would be glad if you guys pinpoint me to some good posts from the past, maybe before the last crypto bull run, where people share their emotions, and do some kind of a summary of how they hold despite the losses.

Or maybe posts, during the bull run, where people share how they hodled through the bear and what they went through.

Anything of that sort will be really helpful, not just to me, but to many in same situation like me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 10:52:13 AM

So you are just looking for something to hold on to?it won't change anything friend,how would you define human?let me give you an example,for humans when things go side ways they will start complaining and regretting what they did just like investing in altcoins and not bitcoin and bitcoin is in bullrun leaving altcoins out of it,but what happens if altcoins season return?these same people will start jubilating and saying to themselves that they did the right thing,this is the definition of human,whatever they say shouldn't be your reason to hold on to your coins. Build your confidence within yourself

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 10:59:17 AM

This kinda feel weird. An investor asking motivation to hold on to his/her investment. I don't know mate but I think it's wiser to check on the developments of the projects you invested into than reading inspirational stories. I mean, you don't even know if what altcoins they held for a long time before that gave them good profits.
vvpacc (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 11:22:13 AM

I see what you mean.

I am confident in the projects I am positioned into. I am more into FA (fundamental analysis), rather than TA. Otherwise, I would have sold 50% down from the top and still be in massive profits.

What I am asking for, is to see such discussions from the past, and grasp where I am at. It is much more about people being confused, disappointed, regretting past decisions, than looking at what projects they were into.

BR.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:16:32 PM

To tell the truth, entering in the crypto is risky, not all holding will give us back our funds and be profitable. However, as long as we try hard for better holding, by choosing the right coins to hold, I'm sure that success will follow our effort. So far, losing many funds is very normal. But of course, the tires will always be around and we may be going to meet the bullrun of our coins holding.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 12:29:13 PM

Do you remember what Warren Buffet said?
"Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy"
Are you fearful because others are fearful? Lets be greedy and buy more.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:33:04 PM

Oh dude, a some ears ago I sold 10 btc for the price which is lower than $10, remember, market always will be changing
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 02:48:03 PM

Hi there,

I have huge unrealized profits + I am more than 80% down on my average entry for some altcoins.

I still have profit, and I still have more than my initial investment, but some kind of help is needed.

While I realize that it is all  market cycles and such, I would be glad if you guys pinpoint me to some good posts from the past, maybe before the last crypto bull run, where people share their emotions, and do some kind of a summary of how they hold despite the losses.

Or maybe posts, during the bull run, where people share how they hodled through the bear and what they went through.

Anything of that sort will be really helpful, not just to me, but to many in same situation like me.

Well, you cant find better post then this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0  Impossible. Term hodling was created here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: