Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:03:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning! Be careful with messages that receive money  (Read 373 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:12:52 PM

Just by looking at the email address of the sender you will see it's not coming from Paypal. What you need to be more aware of are the ones with the convincing ones which are way too similar to the official email address as if you aren't used to opening up emails from your financial accounts you would barely see the difference. You should always ask yourself why did you have that refund if you haven't transacted with them in the first place or why you have won a prize when you aren't joining any contests. People are way to jolly when they see money coming in they forget to the fact that their is a big chance it's fake.
That's not always the case. There are ways you can spoof the sender email and make it look completely legit.

See: https://lifehacker.com/how-spammers-spoof-your-email-address-and-how-to-prote-1579478914

What you need to do is:

1. always manually go to the website and see what is happening for yourself, rather than clicking on the email link; or
2. copying everything on the link after the main domain, writing it yourself and pasting the remaining link; and
3. ALWAYS triple-check the URL.
Yes that's really the way on catching them because you cannot fake a real website's URL, if they can trick you with their email you must not be fooled by their fake website URL. That's the beauty of having domain names being unique. Aside from you being knowledgeable about the domain name you must also check for the other security features such as the padlock icon and security badges (like Norton and McAfee below their page) for the website for you know to that it's the real website you are visiting in.
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 01:05:34 PM

Any message sent to your email concerning money and you're not aware of it or you didn't register for it, just ignore it cos there's every chance it will end up been scam. I normally receive such messages from different angles, promising to double up my money if I register with them

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 04:04:06 PM

Any message sent to your email concerning money and you're not aware of it or you didn't register for it, just ignore it cos there's every chance it will end up been scam. I normally receive such messages from different angles, promising to double up my money if I register with them
Most common scheme done by scammers is to randomly send emails telling you that you won money or you earn money from our promo please provide your information which filling your information will lead you to being scammed by some random scammer and there's nothing you can do about it. Being aware of such situation will help you avoid getting scammed.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:06:25 PM

This is nothing new. There is one for blickchain.info as well. Telling you that you have just received a transaction and to log in to get it. They distract you with money and hope the greed will stop your brain from working and often it does. Sometimes it can be a pure accident and you clicked the link by mistake and forgot you had only to try login and have all your info stolen. Pay attention when handing financial transactions and websites. Do not become distracted and do one thing at a time.
Malvika_sitlani

Activity: 116
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 11:03:07 AM

Don't click on any emails if you are n't sure it is the genuine one and also don't give your private information to anyone and don't download any link which you have received on your email.
Basically, if you are getting any email regarding your payment details and your account login details then don't respond to that email.
Don't click the link blindly 1st just try to verify from your end.

superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:09:14 PM

I dont know why there are still a lot of people being victimized by this phishing method.  Emails containing messages that youve won or someone send you money and you must click link is an absoultely a phishing /hacking attempt.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: