Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Declaration of Robert Marie Mark Karples  (Read 1520 times)
Frankie (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:46:17 PM

Filed in the N.D.Texas Bankruptcy Court.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/212477228/Karpeles-Declaration

Clearly, the bitcoin liabilities aren't being counted at anything like their true market value, if at all. I understand that this is what was declared in Japan as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:56:39 PM

Clearly, the bitcoin liabilities aren't being counted at anything like their true market value, if at all. I understand that this is what was declared in Japan as well.

That's sneaky,and I would think illegal as well?
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

Karpeles makes small tip to investigator and becomes richier for half a billion. Simple plan Cool
Xtib

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:45:08 PM

Thanks for that link.

I am not sure any of Mark's filings( debtor-in-possession status, restraining order) would hold up in court if challenged.

It is very clear that on Feb. 23, 2014, as Mark was filing bankruptcy documents, Mark was transferring our assets internationally to his cohorts at the Bitcoin foundation.

The court in Japan had taken Mark on his word that he is trying to protect his creditors rights and needs "breathing room" to reorganize and make his creditors whole again.

In the same breath, Mark used the registrar , 1API GmbH, to transfer www.bitcoinfoundation.org to his buddies in the US.  Subsequently, Mark's connection to the Bitcoin foundation was erased and hidden from the courts in Japan and the US. What are they trying to hide?

We do not know how many of our bitcoins were transferred along with the domain name to the Bitcoin foundation. I believe the US courts would have the right to freeze all assets of the Bitcoin Foundation based on Mark's actions to subvert the bankruptcy proceedings..
I also think, if alerted,  that 1API GmbH would find that their T.O.S were violated and reverse the ownership of the domain name bitcoinfoundation.org back to court controlled authorities.

Just some ideas to think about.

Xtib

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

How does it work in a bankruptcy if the counterparty owes you, say, foreign exchange, stocks or commodities?

I would say, no matter what it is in USD; M.K. owes Bitcoins; at which price he procures them is his problem.

Maybe he could be an organ donor?  Kiss

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:25:49 AM

Thanks for that link.

I am not sure any of Mark's filings( debtor-in-possession status, restraining order) would hold up in court if challenged.

It is very clear that on Feb. 23, 2014, as Mark was filing bankruptcy documents, Mark was transferring our assets internationally to his cohorts at the Bitcoin foundation.

The court in Japan had taken Mark on his word that he is trying to protect his creditors rights and needs "breathing room" to reorganize and make his creditors whole again.

In the same breath, Mark used the registrar , 1API GmbH, to transfer www.bitcoinfoundation.org to his buddies in the US.  Subsequently, Mark's connection to the Bitcoin foundation was erased and hidden from the courts in Japan and the US. What are they trying to hide?

We do not know how many of our bitcoins were transferred along with the domain name to the Bitcoin foundation. I believe the US courts would have the right to freeze all assets of the Bitcoin Foundation based on Mark's actions to subvert the bankruptcy proceedings..
I also think, if alerted,  that 1API GmbH would find that their T.O.S were violated and reverse the ownership of the domain name bitcoinfoundation.org back to court controlled authorities.

Xtib

I'm interested in seeing this amount of detail related to a criminal case, not just bankruptcy court.
How soon will Mark be put in jail?

flyable

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:34:38 AM

Thanks for that link.

Xtib

bitcoinfoundation.org is transferred to Gavin.
bitcoin.it is transferred to Theymos.
Bitcoins are stolen.
User data is for sale.
We are waiting for the anouncements...
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:29:01 AM

Don't go so hard on Mark. He probably wrote those private keys on a paper napkin, and the cat just thrashed it. Mark's not too blame!!!

"To ensure the safety of all future bitcoin projects paper napkins for all purposes will hereafter be prohibited in any facility associated with any and all computer use pertaining to, but not limited to official computer screen gawking and office equipment handling. A new announcement to announce a new postphone of an annoucement will happen soon™!"

- CEO of GoxFraud, Mark Karpeles
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:42:03 AM

I don't think that will ever happen. Rich people never go to jail. And we are talking about someone, who is having $400 million worth of Bitcoins. The Japanese authorities have proved themselves to be notoriously inept. The only chance to bring Karpeles before the law, is to take him to the United States. Seems like that too is not going to happen anytime soon.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:54:57 PM

I don't think that will ever happen. Rich people never go to jail. And we are talking about someone, who is having $400 million worth of Bitcoins. The Japanese authorities have proved themselves to be notoriously inept. The only chance to bring Karpeles before the law, is to take him to the United States. Seems like that too is not going to happen anytime soon.

If the coins are actually lost/unavailable, then how is he paying for food, hotel rooms and a bodyguard?
Since he is (if he is) a thief, then he needs to go to jail....I know "the system" has major issues.

Rich people never go to jail.
Yes they do sometimes go to jail:

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

So this was actually legit. I got an email straight from mtgox with a PDF attachment, I didn't open it assuming it was another embeded trojan to steel wallets.

Finally, first time the sleaze bag is dealing with US courts. This is way overdue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: