Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Administrators and Moderators: A Serious Issue Regarding Illegal Activities  (Read 1924 times)
repentance (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 08:58:42 PM

Did Matthew get suspended over this.  He hasn't posted in the last couple of days although his profile shows him as having visited the forum not long ago.  His absence from the "Matthew, I wish to present you with a gift" thread seems especially strange.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 09:02:35 PM

I hope not.  Most entertaining thing I read all day.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 10:42:34 PM

Did Matthew get suspended over this.  He hasn't posted in the last couple of days although his profile shows him as having visited the forum not long ago.  His absence from the "Matthew, I wish to present you with a gift" thread seems especially strange.

It wouldn't surprise me. I wish the mods were a little more heavy handed with the temporary ban. Though that probably means that I would have been in the brig for at least like, a month out of the past six...
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 10:55:48 PM

He was banned for three days in response to his many off-topic posts (6 of his last 20 posts had been deleted).

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 11:16:16 PM

Posting off-topic is a no no. OTOH scamming and threatning to commit criminal acts against people seems to be OK.
repentance (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 11:34:58 PM

He was banned for three days in response to his many off-topic posts (6 of his last 20 posts had been deleted).

Thanks for clarifying that theymos.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:06:33 AM

Posting off-topic is a no no. OTOH scamming and threatning to commit criminal acts against people seems to be OK.

Yup. Looking at the track record of who is being banned or not from these here forums and what they are being banned for or rather not, one has to wonder, how many of the admins and/or mods are on the payroll of these specifically "unbannable" scammers. And I say this as an admin of a forum several degrees bigger than this one. The way these "admins/mods" operate is highly suspicious and in no way congruent with the way any "admin/mod" should or would behave on any internet forum I have encountered in the last 20 years. Even if they just are oblivious to what is happening here due to neglect, they completely fail to recognize their legal responsibilities. This will more than likely - for lack of a better word - "fuck them in the ass" in the long run. "It's just Internet stuff" is no longer a valid excuse and any lawyer worth his salary is going to have a field day with this.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:30:19 AM

Yup. Looking at the track record of who is being banned or not from these here forums and what they are being banned for or rather not, one has to wonder, how many of the admins and/or mods are on the payroll of these specifically "unbannable" scammers. And I say this as an admin of a forum several degrees bigger than this one. The way these "admins/mods" operate is highly suspicious and in no way congruent with the way any "admin/mod" should or would behave on any internet forum I have encountered in the last 20 years. Even if they just are oblivious to what is happening here due to neglect, they completely fail to recognize their legal responsibilities. This will more than likely - for lack of a better word - "fuck them in the ass" in the long run. "It's just Internet stuff" is no longer a valid excuse and any lawyer worth his salary is going to have a field day with this.

We should stop posting this things in this thread or else they'll ban us for off-topic posts... Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2011, 04:36:05 AM

I just asked Atlas this as an aside in that same thread a couple minutes ago.
repentance (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:41:27 AM

theymos' response is a few posts upthread.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2011, 05:02:22 AM

theymos' response is a few posts upthread.

Read it. Thanks, repentance.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 11:08:18 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2011, 08:41:29 PM by Maged

On a side note, mods can't ban people.  All we can do is delete/move posts and suggest people for bans (up to an admin to do it).

The more you know!

Edit by Maged:
You forgot that we can edit posts too. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: