Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My trading diary - How I made money from the USDT hearing  (Read 225 times)
JeremyPeng (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 05:41:06 AM

USDT hearing just ended without surprise, or say the "air" Tether is still stable so far. While before the hearing, people might dump USDT out of fear. So it's a good opportunity to use Grid Trading for stable/stable pairs like PAX/UDST to make profit from the fluctuation. I created a USDT/HUSD grid trading bot 4 days ago and have made 0.17% realized profit, which means a 16.44% annualized return from it.

The risk is low and the gain is fair. Here's the screenshot of the strategy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAsPOGpU0AM-EV2?format=png&name=900x900
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1347

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 06:57:05 AM

It's still risky even you do trading with stable/stable pairs. Although the volatility is little, the risk and profits are also quite little, which it is really safe to trade like that. But I am just worried about the fluctuation.
What exchange are you using for that kind of trading? and talking to your bot, how it will different with a normal trading bot for bitcoin/altcoin pairs or leveraged trading?
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:09:53 AM

USDT hearing just ended without surprise, or say the "air" Tether is still stable so far. While before the hearing, people might dump USDT out of fear. So it's a good opportunity to use Grid Trading for stable/stable pairs like PAX/UDST to make profit from the fluctuation. I created a USDT/HUSD grid trading bot 4 days ago and have made 0.17% realized profit, which means a 16.44% annualized return from it.

Nice tactic and very good profit, now this is what I like to see,,, instead of people making up big numbers with no reason other than technicals which they get right or wrong.

The only problem is we do not see from here the exact specifications of the bot. 0.17% daily if good, but you cannot assume to make this every day, it is not like there is USDT hearing every day too;)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JeremyPeng (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 08:41:58 AM

It's still risky even you do trading with stable/stable pairs. Although the volatility is little, the risk and profits are also quite little, which it is really safe to trade like that. But I am just worried about the fluctuation.
What exchange are you using for that kind of trading? and talking to your bot, how it will different with a normal trading bot for bitcoin/altcoin pairs or leveraged trading?

I'm trading on Pionex (www.pionex.com), which is a new exchange that is designed for Trading Bots. This trading bot is called Grid Trading Bot, which means I divide my money into several parts, then auto buy low and sell high in the range I set. The risk is lower than leveraged trading.
JeremyPeng (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 08:43:59 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAsPOGpU0AM-EV2?format=png&name=900x900

Nice tactic and very good profit, now this is what I like to see,,, instead of people making up big numbers with no reason other than technicals which they get right or wrong.

The only problem is we do not see from here the exact specifications of the bot. 0.17% daily if good, but you cannot assume to make this every day, it is not like there is USDT hearing every day too;)

The 0.17% is the profit for near 4 days. Actually the fluctuation of USDT/HUSD is not that low in the normal days. If I choose to create a Grid Trading Bot for BTC/USDT, the profit may be 5 times than the stable/stable, however, the risk is surely higher.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 10:12:18 AM

Hi its a good strategy and you can even do it in a reverse way and in a different platform that accepts multiple stable coins, but the probleme is fees and you need high volume & high investment example for 500 $ you earn 0.85

Free palestine
JeremyPeng (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 02:38:50 AM

Hi its a good strategy and you can even do it in a reverse way and in a different platform that accepts multiple stable coins, but the probleme is fees and you need high volume & high investment example for 500 $ you earn 0.85

Yes. The fee is the big problem, and that's why I chose Pionex(www.pionex.com) as the exchange to run the bots. The fee of Pionex is only 0.05%.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 261

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:55:50 AM

Op seems like traditional stock investor that is why he/she go for low percentage of profits in crypto currency as well but something looks like guaranteed.

But if you ask me I wouldn't do this for only 17% of return per annum since we can make that profits if we do the trading with volatile coins in couple of days but risky though.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JeremyPeng (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 03:11:41 PM

Op seems like traditional stock investor that is why he/she go for low percentage of profits in crypto currency as well but something looks like guaranteed.

But if you ask me I wouldn't do this for only 17% of return per annum since we can make that profits if we do the trading with volatile coins in couple of days but risky though.

Yes. That's why a lot of people invest cryptocurrencies. I think the stable coins arbitrage can only be a part of the portfolio.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 01:24:48 AM

Is this including fees? It hardly seems worth it unless you got tons of money, and if you got tons of money, such a small % makes no difference  Cry

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 04:39:36 AM

Yeah right, the OP strategy that was shared was good and safe enough, but only a few returns were obtained, such a strategy is only for people who have more than $10,000 capital to get a high profit from the 17% return.

I also agree with you, if we do not have such a large capital, it is better to trade with what is capable in high or medium volatile markets. Of course it must be with careful analysis.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 09:39:25 AM

Yes. That's why a lot of people invest cryptocurrencies. I think the stable coins arbitrage can only be a part of the portfolio.
But lot of people not into the stage of waiting that much longer just for 17%,even if they do with bitcoin they can make 1000% or more in returns which normally shows that common people are ivesting in cryptos but not been able to hold longer until making profits.

I think 17% is enough for making the profit, especially in these situations because we don't know when we can come back to make a bigger profit. We should take any profit we can so we can save more and more profit. People will invest in the cryptocurrencies, and there will be more people to come to the cryptocurrency, and that means, the rises of cryptocurrency will come soon. I am sure that people can hold for a longer if they believe that the cryptocurrency can increase higher than now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: