Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music & The Blockchain  (Read 96 times)
rondo001 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 07:39:01 PM

The Evolution of Rondo

Hello one and all, for 6 years, I have had this idea to build a platform that can truly benefit emerging and established artists in a meaningful and tangible way.
We have supported over 300 artists on our Mixcloud channel by promoting their mixes, EPs and events. We had an Android & IOS App called GMC with the above and artist profiles as well as the website with global artist locations and bookings feature. This was not enough to truly make a real meaningful difference for artists directly.

Now with the advent of blockchain technology and crypto currencies (I refer to as "digital currency" to keep things simple) we have an opportunity to build a dynamic platform that is as easy to use as typing a word in Google, i.e. a platform that does not require a steep learning curve to understand the inner workings, but has a familiar UIUX to anything we use online or on mobile today. Blockchain tech is often referred to as Web 3.0 which I have mentioned in numerous posts and in my “It’s all a Bit Crypto” articles written for Iconic Underground Magazine.

Digital currencies have the ability to transform the way we interact directly with fans, via direct 24/7 tipping, selling merch, event tickets and more.
Using digital currencies means you can transfer value peer to peer directly between people and bypass expensive traditional 3rd parties like Banks, Credit Cards, PayPal, Venmo etc. the concept of self financial custodianship, is a reality that I have embraced for more than 12 months. From my own direct experience, I know it works and the tech is out there to support it.

So RONDO is evolving and we are on a mission to build an ecosystem for Music & Live Entertainment that uses our own “RND” which will be the base digital currency, fueling the global ecosystem, and can be used throughout the music industry in a variety of innovative ways. We will further reduce the friction for Musicians Earning and Using digital currencies in the real world.

The platform will also support multiple other music digital currencies in our own secure wallet, thereby expanding our global user base at scale. Our aim is to offer the Music industry, a unique hybrid ecosystem that is easy to use.

We will explore the platform key use cases, and how we are going to achieve our milestones on our roadmap for development and marketing. To kick it all off, we launched an early adopters “RND Token Distribution” campaign aimed mainly at the crypto savvy community, this will raise funds required for development and we also launched our website for this campaign. For the next phase of growth, I am gathering a team of developers with the right stuff as well as people to manage all our engagement/outreach, and lastly an experienced management team to help make this project a viable and sustainable global company. Of course our regular activities will continue and is ongoing.

Side Note: It’s a funny world we live in, humans tend to have a tribal mindset and the crypto community, refer to people new to digital currencies as “newbies or nocoiners”, however I firmly believe it is on the verge of truly going mainstream, and there will no longer be us and them. This blockchain crypto industry is only 10 years old after-all, and has been traditionally very popular amongst IT and cryptography communities.

Below is the birds eye view of the Rondo Ecosystem and we will dive into more specific details in future posts. In the meantime if anyone has any questions or wants to get seriously involved you are welcome to DM me. Have a fantastic musical week.

JonRon

https://rondo.me/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: