Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Public] Cosmo - An Intelligent Cryptocurrency Discord Bot - Add to Your Server!  (Read 180 times)
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 08:42:03 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2020, 10:40:53 PM by astronautdotgg

Hey all! I'm here to post about another one of my development projects that I have been working pretty hard on recently. This is a public discord bot for people to add to their own servers, all completely free! I'm hoping with the addition of Cosmo to many discord server I can gather lot's of feedback, feature suggestions, bug reports, etc. so that I can continuously improve this bot.

Click here to check out the cryptocurrency discord bot and add Cosmo to your server!
Documentation can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/astronautdotgg/cosmo/wiki/Home
If you enjoy the usage of the bot, please vote for the bot here: https://discordbots.org/bot/538953009376526339/vote
Suggest new features and report bugs here (we are working on these DAILY, please provide feedback!): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVbZ09pVejCshiBOiNckU5wHF5uICEgWBCbetkPYsomhinfQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Support can be found on our community discord server: https://discord.gg/JEzTkGn

That being said let me hop into some of the features and respective commands:

Please note that a <> indicates a required parameter and <?> indicates an optional parameter. Default exchange for all commands is Binance. In addition the default prefix is '-' however you can set your own custom prefix for your server by running the command '-conf prefix set <newPrefix>'.

Chart Embedding
This feature allows for easy embedding of tradingview charts in your own chat. Simply use the command to indicate any details you want. The command supports nearly every indicator and candlestyle available on tradingview. For a complete list, please refer to documentation.
Command: -chart <symbol> <?exchange> <?timeframe> <?candlebar> <?indicators> or -c <symbol> <?exchange> <?timeframe> <?candlebar> <?indicators>
Examples: -c ethbtc binance 1d, -c ada bittrex 1h renko rsi, -c xbt bitmex 4h bb macd ema

Price Fetching
This feature grabs the current price of a given symbol on any exchange. Default exchange is Binance, aside from XBT which is Bitmex. Price is shown in both satoshis/USD, as well as the 24h price change.
Command: -price <symbol> <?exchange> or -p <symbol> <?exchange>
Examples: -p xbt bitmex, -p mtlbtc binance, -p eth

News Fetching
This feature fetches all the upcoming events (and ongoing events) for a given coin. The result will contain a list of events in the near future, their date, the amount of time left until the event, a link to the source, as well as a rating of whether it is reliable and trending.
Command: -news <coin> or -n <coin>
Examples: -n xlm, -n cardano, -n bitcoin, -n eth

Orderboook Depth
This feature will give a visualization of the current market order book depth for a given coin on an exchange. This will tell you how much BTC worth is in the order book for a certain price point.
Command: -depth <symbol> <?exchange> or -d <symbol> <?exchange>
Examples: -d ethusd coinbase, -d xbt bitmex

Volume Checking
This feature let's you know how much volume is being traded on a given exchange for a symbol.
Command: -volume <symbol> <?exchange> or -v <symbol> <?exchange>
Examples: -v ada binance, -v btc coinbase

Market Heatmap
This feature displays a visual heatmap of the 24hour changes of all coins on the market, as well as their dominance in the market.
Command: -heatmap or -hm

Volatility
This feature displays the volatility index of certain coins, as well as an indication of which direction the coin is moving in.
Command: -heatmap or -hm

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 11:26:51 PM

Looks badass dude! You should rather move it to Project Development section if you aren't ready to provide premium services yet but releasing it just as a demo product in the development phase.

Where are you generating the charts and other graphical data from? Do you have your own server that generates that data or you use a third-party service? I will obviously say that there aren't many commands for now but assuming it's in beta there is wide scope for improvement. Events are a great functionality.
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 11:28:17 PM

Looks badass dude! You should rather move it to Project Development section if you aren't ready to provide premium services yet but releasing it just as a demo product in the development phase.

Where are you generating the charts and other graphical data from? Do you have your own server that generates that data or you use a third-party service? I will obviously say that there aren't many commands for now but assuming it's in beta there is wide scope for improvement. Events are a great functionality.

Appreciate the kind comment! I don't intend on offering a premium service for now, but it's kind of out of the development phase so I'm not sure if that's the correct subforum since it's on an official release but is still undergoing maintainance and updates. I plan to keep this free permanently, potentially adding extra benefits later. Still looking for plenty of ideas on what to add as I've run out of ideas haha so if you know of anything please let me know as I'd love to add more 😊

As for chart generation, I take the input of the command, parse the time frame, symbol, exchange, indicators, style, etc. And then I feed it into a tradingview widget which I embed on a temporarily generated html page on my server that hosts the bot and other projects. I then take a screenshot of the DOM element that hosts the widget, embed that image into a discord message, send it, then delete the html page and image file from the server.

On another side note:
Major updates to Cosmo including new commands and bug fixes!

https://astronaut.gg/blog/cosmo-updates-new-commands-and-structure/
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 02:36:01 PM

Got in a few bug fixes with chart syntax this weekend Smiley
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:17:05 PM

Pushed out a few bug fixes today with charting!
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 04:27:45 PM

Currently working on new features to be released in October for Cosmo!
astronautdotgg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 10:41:10 PM

Revived the bot, it is now online again and works a lot better!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: