Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was wondering " A real Human Mineable crypto"  (Read 1810 times)
oztusk

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:41:26 AM

all right, here's a start.
each network standard node contains a copy of "the prime block"
the prime block contains some # of crypto units. people like big #s so lets say one quadrillion [10^15] Kryptonite. [give it a catchy name, right?]
nodes are available for download from any other node.
nodes, and the prime block are immutable, they must demonstrate conformance with all other nodes, and copies of the prime block cannot ever change.
........................at this point i'm having a little trouble making the mining human only, after all, ive only had a few minutes to work on it............................

my thoughts are getting interesting though.
presuming we design the working foundation of this coin,
do we have access to the progremming expertise needed to manifest it?

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mohammedfaiz143 (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:52:40 AM

all right, here's a start.
each network standard node contains a copy of "the prime block"
the prime block contains some # of crypto units. people like big #s so lets say one quadrillion [10^15] Kryptonite. [give it a catchy name, right?]
nodes are available for download from any other node.
nodes, and the prime block are immutable, they must demonstrate conformance with all other nodes, and copies of the prime block cannot ever change.
........................at this point i'm having a little trouble making the mining human only, after all, ive only had a few minutes to work on it............................

my thoughts are getting interesting though.
presuming we design the working foundation of this coin,
do we have access to the progremming expertise needed to manifest it?

I think we need some more expertised devs to work this out. but still atleast you got a start . And we can also wait for some others for their views .

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
oztusk

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:41:05 AM

I think we need some more expertised devs to work this out. but still atleast you got a start . And we can also wait for some others for their views .

more to come

<<<   "MY DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox - - "MY DOG IS EATING YOUR BITCOIN"...Antpool - - "We were drinking espresso with shots of vodka at this little cafe. My laptop was on the table. This big dog came up behind us and,.. and..." ...nicehash     ANTMINER is currently servicing 20-30% of the entire network hash rate. Enenatis. Quis interdum ac, aliquet nec est. www.bitmaintech.com Euismod risus sed, venenatis tellus. Aliquam vel. Spontaneous emission is not inherent to an emitter, but rather depends on its electromagnetic environment.        "THE DOG ATE YOUR BITCOIN"..mtGox
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:41:26 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 10:19:25 AM by YarkoL

I meant to use a captcha beofore submitting a block that will be a puzzle or something that can be solved by a human brain or a botnet and using captcha on top of it just to be secure and sure that the block was mined by a person.

I like the idea. A block could be solved by working out a maze puzzle, and as difficulty increases the maze becomes more complex.

System should be decentralized: only shared state should be in the blockchain. How would one generate puzzles/captchas without central server?

The hash of the previous block could possibly serve as a parameter for maze generation?

“God does not play dice"
oztusk

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:07:35 PM

something along that line came to mind also
block is hypercube or sphere of integers.....
proceding inwards... as portions of it are mined...
i thought of connexive pathways.. like the maze...

doors are found.. the 'work'..
access to a path is a transaction..
the volume of the hyperspace you 'own' or have found is the content of your account, or wallet,
thus,... 'worth' is equated to volume... 2,4, or n dimensional.
the prime block is immutable by mathematical lemma.
the prime block is the genotype, the digital state of the 'economy' is the phenotype.

the inner configuration of the cyberspace is clear enough to me, although it is difficult to stuff it through a keyboard.
in any case, the concept of 'maze' or pathway is a good one to work with.
 time to think...lol Undecided

YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

A simple maze problem won't do, as these problems are easily cracked by a computer. As for the captcha, where would it be created and checked? Can't do that in client, so you'd probably have to resort to a central server, which is bad.

Here's another idea. Have a client draw up a maze and connect to a random online node. The players at the nodes then play a little game that requires co-operation. For instance: the other player has to capture flag, while the other has to keep monsters away. When the game finishes, both players get X coins. This could obviously be played by bots as well, but perhaps that would not be such a bad thing, if the game was designed to always last a certain amount of time (like by spawning more monsters and flags).

Also, the nodes/players could have a chat window for exchanging messages. Players could be given "humanness rating"  Smiley by other players, so those players who have been verified as humans would be rewarded in some way by the system, for example by giving them more chances to play.

“God does not play dice"
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

The problem is that with this method you'd need quite a centralised system or something to read the input of the people solving these puzzles but I'm sure people who are better at programming could elaborate on that and know for sure if it's possible or not. Bitcoin's major advantage is precisely that everything is automated and can easily be done by desktop PCs, not requiring a huge network of servers or anything like that as traditional banking systems have always had to use.

While I think it would be a fantastic idea and certainly a next step when it comes to using Bitcoin's protocol I have trouble seeing how it would be done realistically without somebody having a central server and hovering over everything, there would need to be some kind of automated system going in the background to calculate whether people are actually legitimately solving these puzzles and as people have already said, things like captcha's and so on are easily solved by bots.

There's also the question of how you would deal with hackers and cheaters etc.
mohammedfaiz143 (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:10:18 PM

something along that line came to mind also
block is hypercube or sphere of integers.....
proceding inwards... as portions of it are mined...
i thought of connexive pathways.. like the maze...

doors are found.. the 'work'..
access to a path is a transaction..
the volume of the hyperspace you 'own' or have found is the content of your account, or wallet,
thus,... 'worth' is equated to volume... 2,4, or n dimensional.
the prime block is immutable by mathematical lemma.
the prime block is the genotype, the digital state of the 'economy' is the phenotype.

the inner configuration of the cyberspace is clear enough to me, although it is difficult to stuff it through a keyboard.
in any case, the concept of 'maze' or pathway is a good one to work with.
 time to think...lol Undecided

U r definitely a genius .

A simple maze problem won't do, as these problems are easily cracked by a computer. As for the captcha, where would it be created and checked? Can't do that in client, so you'd probably have to resort to a central server, which is bad.

Here's another idea. Have a client draw up a maze and connect to a random online node. The players at the nodes then play a little game that requires co-operation. For instance: the other player has to capture flag, while the other has to keep monsters away. When the game finishes, both players get X coins. This could obviously be played by bots as well, but perhaps that would not be such a bad thing, if the game was designed to always last a certain amount of time (like by spawning more monsters and flags).

Also, the nodes/players could have a chat window for exchanging messages. Players could be given "humanness rating"  Smiley by other players, so those players who have been verified as humans would be rewarded in some way by the system, for example by giving them more chances to play.

Thanks for coming up with that . But I think this will make it more complicated .

How about updating the post with the ideas possible and what are is still a barrier . So people don't have to read the whole post before replying with a suggestions..

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
oztusk

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

"A simple maze problem won't do, as these problems are easily cracked by a computer. As for the captcha, where would it be created and checked? Can't do that in client, so you'd probably have to resort to a central server, which is bad."

This is true only if one is armed with a map of the maze.

think of this maze more as a 'tunnel network' which has never been explored before.

assuming a map of the maze is as much as assuming that one is provided with the solution to the problem along with the problem.

In the Maze of the Minotaur, victims were not provided with a map to the exit. Grin

im still working on this 'human cryptocurrency' idea. it's a question that has occured to many people. i believ it has a solution.
it is up to us to find it.

plz keep inputting, and thanx to the originator of the thread.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

Check out HunterCoin.

Yeah ..I checked but is not purely Human Mineable crypto...

it was at the start, now is full of bot, not exactly what you call human minable...
eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:07:26 PM

Hi folks !!

I was wondering whether it is really possible to create a coin where blocks will be mined by humans .. Like a puzzle will be generated for solving a block and if a person is able to solve it , he gets the reward . And as difficulty increases the puzzles gets harder and harder ..

Is it really possible ?

you mean, like, your girlfriend?
mohammedfaiz143 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

Hi folks !!

I was wondering whether it is really possible to create a coin where blocks will be mined by humans .. Like a puzzle will be generated for solving a block and if a person is able to solve it , he gets the reward . And as difficulty increases the puzzles gets harder and harder ..

Is it really possible ?

you mean, like, your girlfriend?

LoL..Unfortunately i have got none...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

"A simple maze problem won't do, as these problems are easily cracked by a computer. As for the captcha, where would it be created and checked? Can't do that in client, so you'd probably have to resort to a central server, which is bad."

This is true only if one is armed with a map of the maze.

Quite right. But staying with the maze idea, if the puzzle is to find out the exit from the maze... even then computer (=bot) would always beat human, and the human-mineability is broken.

One naturally thinks that the moves in the maze could be encoded to transactions (just as in Huntercoin). Then solving a block = finding out all the correct moves(transactions) in the correct order = solving path out of the maze.

Only there would have to be some element where humans can better do than machines. Some sort of co-operation and shared communication might do the trick.

“God does not play dice"
oztusk

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:32:18 AM

just as the btc blockchain must agree with its majority of versions,
what about some human quorum process where the humans in the system function so as to exclude machines/bots?

MeesterMagiks

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:23:07 AM

Bingocoin, sit everyone down in a physical bingo hall, and whoever gets bingo first gets the coin!
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:27:24 AM

Huntercoin pretty close to this.

PlanetDollar will be based on free distribution, it's just another way of getting the coin outside of mining:  www.planetdollar.org

I think it's important road to go down though.. find ways to distribute outside of just mining.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
YarkoL
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:42:35 AM

what about some human quorum process where the humans in the system function so as to exclude machines/bots?

What might work is that when you create an avatar, there is a little interview or quiz that establishes you as human.
Basically a Turing test.

The test would give you "human rating points" that are an input to the avatar/name creating transaction. The game system
would encourage players to co-operate and talk to each other and pass "human rating points" to each other. Only transactions
that have human rating as input would be valid.

“God does not play dice"
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:49:14 AM

better something human that contributes to something. Not sure what exactly, but maybe answering questions put up by users or something.

Or maybe adding ratings to something. So the mining would be adding value somewhere and generating the reward.

Identifying dead links or old results from a list.

Hmmm what else.....

Globb0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: