Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:51:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aitheon [ACU] Possible Scam - Refuse to Pay Bounty  (Read 265 times)
Miiike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 04:30:06 PM
Merited by bones261 (2)

What happened: Aitheon held a bounty since January-June 2018, payment is yet to be sent to every participants 

Scammers Profile Link: They don't seems to have an account here, but here are their other medias:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aitheon/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aitheonofficial?lang=en
Telegram: https://t.me/aitheon

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2836062.0
PM/Chat Logs: literally scattered on their telegram channel
Additional Notes:

Initially, the payment would be around June 2018, but it was not paid up to today. Not only they keep avoiding payment for more than one year, the amount was very greatly reduced. Stated on the OP when the bounty started (January 2018) that it will be 1% from total supply (35,000,000), later on early June 2019, they revise it to be merely 5,000,000, arguing that as it was the total supply that's reduced, the reduction will not really affect payment as price will goes up due to the low supply. Worse, not only the total amount was reduced, the allocation was also altered, that the total amount will be divided into past campaign, bug bounty, and future bounty (which both was not stated on the beginning of the campaign). Factually, as per this message being posted (02.08.19) their price was 0.006 USD, very far from their initial ICO price of 0.35 USD, which most likely happen due to the extreme lack of updates. They keep reasoning that they're under NDA, and that they will reveal once allowed by their partners.

Now, this part probably true, probably not. They have some evidences that they're doing something, but what I seek here was their responsibility by paying us the bounty hunters. They keep saying that they will distribute soon and that team is working on it... for more than one year??? Their spreadsheet was locked since the end of campaign up to today, effectively preventing anyone to learn how much token they earned. Not only that, team also refuse to share their new allocation (the allocation for past campaign, bug bounty, and future campaign), effectively preventing anyone who happen to keep record of their past token payment to guess how much they earned with the new allocation.

They also revise their rule on KYC, which was not stated on the initial rule. What's worse is, so many participants already submitted their KYC, and their payment are still unclear.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 06:33:06 PM

Did you try contacting this guy? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112240 Their bounty manager? He should be your first point of contact, to be honest. He would have probably got his money. Also, who works for free for almost a year without any pay? It all boils down to you not being careful enough to choose the project you promoted.
Miiike (OP)
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 10:54:21 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2020, 06:48:15 PM by Miiike

Did you try contacting this guy? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112240 Their bounty manager? He should be your first point of contact, to be honest. He would have probably got his money. Also, who works for free for almost a year without any pay? It all boils down to you not being careful enough to choose the project you promoted.

Sylon? Yes, I've been in contact with him. Around two months ago one of the team (now seemingly taking a sabbatical) asked in the main channel if anyone can help reaching Sylon (image 1) as he seemingly ignore the admin. Upon going back and forth for quite some time, I managed to get them in touch, but then... it just went back to the beginning. I know personally from asking Alex as a follow up for the issue that he was assigned for other task, just as he managed to be in touch with admin after days of effort. Personally, it was a weird decision, as it seems like waste of effort because after trying so hard to solve the issue and get in touch, he was assigned just at the brink of solving.

edit: *removing insigificant pic*

The problem with Sylon as their BM, the way I understand it, was they also refuse to pay as agreed. It seems there are several admin before Alex that tried to reach Sylon, only to have several weird issue just like the one with Alex. At this point, it would be rather understandable that Sylon initially reluctant to get in touch with Alex as he most likely already know that the end result would be the same. Also, you seems to be wrong about him getting payment, he is also yet to get his payment.

edit: *removing insignificant pic*
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 12:33:15 PM

Sylon? Yes, I've been in contact with him. Around two months ago one of the team (now seemingly taking a sabbatical) asked in the main channel if anyone can help reaching Sylon (image 1) as he seemingly ignore the admin. Upon going back and forth for quite some time, I managed to get them in touch, but then... it just went back to the beginning. I know personally from asking Alex as a follow up for the issue that he was assigned for other task, just as he managed to be in touch with admin after days of effort. Personally, it was a weird decision, as it seems like waste of effort because after trying so hard to solve the issue and get in touch, he was assigned just at the brink of solving.
Who is Alex again? Could you ask Sylon to respond to this thread, please? Maybe they have a better view of the situation?

The problem with Sylon as their BM, the way I understand it, was they also refuse to pay as agreed. It seems there are several admin before Alex that tried to reach Sylon, only to have several weird issue just like the one with Alex. At this point, it would be rather understandable that Sylon initially reluctant to get in touch with Alex as he most likely already know that the end result would be the same. Also, you seems to be wrong about him getting payment, he is also yet to get his payment.
I don't quite agree that he is not being paid. Most of the bounty managers either get paid upfront or weekly basis. I'm also wondering why didn't Sylon start a scam accusation when he knows people from the bounty campaign he managed are not paid? That's not what a reputed bounty manager does.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 01:27:11 PM

Same with Grain, Reos (who paid Airdrop participants and claimed to pay Bounty participants after the ICO) and even other campaigns like Xiwatt have not paid from 2017-28 and recently Jinbi (took KYC details and said they will distribute in April) scammed participants and all these campaigns have been managed by Sylon (his earlier campaigns have always paid but last years' campaigns have mostly turned scam). I don't ask Sylon but directly post in the telegram group as I am clueless whom to complain regarding this because BM should be responsible to escrow the funds and we shouldn't be left in the air. Gladly some campaigns like Spectre paid its participants which was also managed by Sylon. 

TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1451

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 07:18:20 PM

Same with Grain, Reos (who paid Airdrop participants and claimed to pay Bounty participants after the ICO) and even other campaigns like Xiwatt have not paid from 2017-28 and recently Jinbi (took KYC details and said they will distribute in April) scammed participants and all these campaigns have been managed by Sylon (his earlier campaigns have always paid but last years' campaigns have mostly turned scam).

Plaza System, managed by Sylon was not paid as well...
To bad all the spreadsheets are locked, so no one knows the amount bounty hunter had spend time on.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Miiike (OP)
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:48:44 AM

Who is Alex again? Could you ask Sylon to respond to this thread, please? Maybe they have a better view of the situation?

--snip--

I don't quite agree that he is not being paid. Most of the bounty managers either get paid upfront or weekly basis. I'm also wondering why didn't Sylon start a scam accusation when he knows people from the bounty campaign he managed are not paid? That's not what a reputed bounty manager does.

Hmm... The numbers of his project that turns unpaid were handful. I'm contacting him since 04.08 to ask about his payment details and again today to ask him to directly give his version to this thread, I am yet to hear from him for both. Let's hope he can give his time soonest possible.

Alex is (was) one of Aitheon staff team who at one point few months ago assigned to contact sylon and handle bounty details
Rabbot

Activity: 1036
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 11:08:08 AM

I don’t know why they are doing this, but the Aitheon team helps Exrates exchange to hide information about their scam.

Miiike (OP)
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 06:56:57 PM

Update:

Sorry for the very late update, it was pushed to the back of my mind.

Several months ago (I forgot the exact month), they finally paid their bounty participants with an extremely reduced amount of ACU. Now, although it clear their situation regarding payment, the amount itself is rather questionable as some people got extremely less than what they expect to get while some got a relatively high amount. For example, someone on a high rank like Hero or Legendary got (for instance) 15,000 ACU for their cooperation for the whole rounds, while someone at newbie rank who (either participating at the same duration or maybe less) got up to 25,000 ACU.

There were no clarification about the basis they apply for bounty payment, as they choose to distribute the payment by manually tracking participants work that happened to be roughly one and a half years behind the date and is understandably subjected to removal (by twitter admin, forum's moderator), got deleted by thread creator, etc. as it's been years since their work counted and recorded.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: