Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🏈 2019 Bitcointalk NFL Fantasy Football League- (Full) 🏈  (Read 1397 times)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 08:23:27 PM

Nice! Would be great to get two additional teams, which I'm sure we will.

Just throwing this out there, but these are the dates I can draft online, if we are talking early a.m. on a weekend USA time:
- Saturday 8/17
- Sunday 8/18
- Sunday 9/1
- Weekdays are more flexible (evenings or morning USA time)

Another thought is having a slow/snail draft that starts very soon now that we have enough teams. Say each team has 12 or 24 hours to select a pick, although you don't need to take the 12 or 24 hours. Once you select, the clock resets to the next team. Some teams may only take a few minutes, some may take the full 12 or 24 hours. That way, those of us that have job constraights, work events, family trips, sports, travels, time zone issues etc in the summer having flexibility of quickly logging on and selecting a pic during the course of the day. This also allows newbies to do plenty of research/time before selecting, so they don't feel pressured because of a time constraint. I have heard this works great for leagues, like ours, with teams all over the world.

Thoughts?

That’s interesting... idk if that’s possible on yahoo, and I’m not sure what would happen if you login to the live draft and then we’re to be logged off if you step away from the computer for a prolonged amount of time
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:36:40 PM

Just throwing this out there, but these are the dates I can draft online, if we are talking early a.m. on a weekend USA time:
- Saturday 8/17
- Sunday 8/18
- Sunday 9/1

Another thought is having a slow/snail draft that starts very soon now that we have enough teams. Say each team has 12 or 24 hours to select a pick, although you don't need to take the 12 or 24 hours. Once you select, the clock resets to the next team. Some teams may only take a few minutes, some may take the full 12 or 24 hours. That way, those of us that have job constraights, work events, family trips, sports, travels, time zone issues etc in the summer having flexibility of quickly logging on and selecting a pic during the course of the day. This also allows newbies to do plenty of research/time before selecting, so they don't feel pressured because of a time constraint. I have heard this works great for leagues, like ours, with teams all over the world.

Thoughts?

That’s interesting... idk if that’s possible on yahoo, and I’m not sure what would happen if you login to the live draft and then we’re to be logged off if you step away from the computer for a prolonged amount of time

I have seen drafts done like this before. I am not sure if it's available on yahoo or not, while I certainly appreciate the idea...I plan to keep this a traditional draft. It's more fun like that as well.  Also makes sure you've done your homework in time for draft day! 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1720
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 08:42:33 PM

- Saturday 8/17
- Sunday 8/18
- Sunday 9/1

Another thought is having a slow/snail draft that starts very soon now that we have enough teams. Say each team has 12 or 24 hours to select a pick, although you don't need to take the 12 or 24 hours. Once you select, the clock resets to the next team. Some teams may only take a few minutes, some may take the full 12 or 24 hours. That way, those of us that have job constraints, work events, family trips, sports, travels, time zone issues etc in the summer having flexibility of quickly logging on and selecting a pic during the course of the day. This also allows newbies to do plenty of research/time before selecting, so they don't feel pressured because of a time constraint. I have heard this works great for leagues, like ours, with teams all over the world.

Thoughts?

I think we have a few options for a slow draft:

- We use the chat board on the yahoo website and do it manually. This will put a bit of heavy lifting on Chi to update picks and reset timer, but also allows for plenty of time.

- RTsports.com offers it, and you get notifications! They charge about $90 for a league. We could use one team's entry fee for the cost?
If the league is designated to have a "slow" draft, each team will have between 2 and 8 hours to draft a player and the clock will be paused every night from 2:00 am ET until 8:00 am ET. In addition, notifications (email, text, app push) will be sent to all team owners after each pick (this can be adjusted by team owners so they only receive notification when they are up). The expanded pick time in a "slow" draft is intended to be a fail-safe to keep the draft going in case an owner can't get to their computer or forgets about the draft, etc. RealTime Fantasy Sports reserves the right to reduce the draft time for each team in the final week before the start of the first game of the season.

- We just pick a date/time that works for everyone for a live draft  Grin

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:45:30 PM

- Saturday 8/17
- Sunday 8/18
- Sunday 9/1

Another thought is having a slow/snail draft that starts very soon now that we have enough teams. Say each team has 12 or 24 hours to select a pick, although you don't need to take the 12 or 24 hours. Once you select, the clock resets to the next team. Some teams may only take a few minutes, some may take the full 12 or 24 hours. That way, those of us that have job constraints, work events, family trips, sports, travels, time zone issues etc in the summer having flexibility of quickly logging on and selecting a pic during the course of the day. This also allows newbies to do plenty of research/time before selecting, so they don't feel pressured because of a time constraint. I have heard this works great for leagues, like ours, with teams all over the world.

Thoughts?

- We use the chat board on the yahoo website and do it manually. This will put a bit of heavy lifting on Chi to update picks and reset timer, but also allows for plenty of time.

- RTsports.com offers it, and you get notifications! They charge about $90 for a league. We could use one team's entry fee for the cost?
If the league is designated to have a "slow" draft, each team will have between 2 and 8 hours to draft a player and the clock will be paused every night from 2:00 am ET until 8:00 am ET. In addition, notifications (email, text, app push) will be sent to all team owners after each pick (this can be adjusted by team owners so they only receive notification when they are up). The expanded pick time in a "slow" draft is intended to be a fail-safe to keep the draft going in case an owner can't get to their computer or forgets about the draft, etc. RealTime Fantasy Sports reserves the right to reduce the draft time for each team in the final week before the start of the first game of the season.

I appreciate the idea, but I'm 100% completely against a slow draft.  They aren't fun, they take way too much time, and finding a time for 10-12 people to draft for an hour and half isn't that difficult really.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:49:33 PM

I actually liked the 25th for draft, tho 18th could work as well. Normally I just autodraft, but apparently I have to manually autodraft this time.
Spokanistan51

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 09:18:08 PM

- Saturday 8/17
- Sunday 8/18
- Sunday 9/1

Thoughts?

I appreciate the idea, but I'm 100% completely against a slow draft.  They aren't fun, they take way too much time, and finding a time for 10-12 people to draft for an hour and half isn't that difficult really.
Noted Chi, completely understandable. I just hope I can make the darn draft......August is crazy.

Spokanistan51

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 09:18:42 PM

I actually liked the 25th for draft, tho 18th could work as well. Normally I just autodraft, but apparently I have to manually autodraft this time.
8/18 works for me also. I can't do the 25th  Undecided

tothemoonsands

Activity: 1033
Merit: 658

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:16:52 PM

I am open to the dates previously mentioned. Weekend, morning, etc...Just keep me in the loop one way or the other!
Also, PAID. TXID via DM.

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:35:06 PM

I really want everyone to make the draft. Is there not a way for you to try and put aside an hour and a half ?

[/quote]
Noted Chi, completely understandable. I just hope I can make the darn draft......August is crazy.
[/quote]

I think it’s a cool idea in some cases, and I’m open to any and all ideas, but a traditional live draft is just such an important part of the “experience” imho.  It’s exciting/ nerve-racking/ etc. A slow draft just kinda ruins that ya know.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:37:24 PM

If everyone could please list out what times and dates would work for them I’d appreciate it! I realize not everyone can do that right away, just try and post as soon you can. Gracias!

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:38:07 PM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1)

If everyone could please list out what times and dates would work for them I’d appreciate it! I realize not everyone can do that right away, just try and post as soon you can. Gracias!

Let me check my calendar................... Yeah, any time and any day works for me, count on me whatever is decided Smiley.

Spazzer

Activity: 1079
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 12:19:38 AM

Reserving a spot. Waiting to hear back on one thing before I commit.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 12:26:42 AM

Hahaha, thank god the reign of team auto draft is over... for some reason I have a good feeling about you having to physically click on your own players.

Edit:
Weekend of the 25th would work... maybe the weekend after? Yeah August isp terry jam packed for me.
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 12:36:40 AM

Hahaha, thank god the reign of team auto draft is over... for some reason I have a good feeling about you having to physically click on your own players.

Edit:
Weekend of the 25th would work... maybe the weekend after? Yeah August isp terry jam packed for me.

I hate auto-drafting very much. This was in the rules from the beginning -

Rules: Must be present for draft to play- NO AUTO DRAFTING

Everyone just needs to list out whatever days they can do it. Once I find that out I can set a time. C’mon y’all make time happen, this is fantasy football damnt! It’s important! Hell its even easy to draft on your cell phone these days. It’s like taking a shit while running a marathon, you gotta do what you gotta do !  Cool

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 03:56:38 AM

I can do Aug 17, 18, probably morning PST of 24, or 25. Aug 31/Sep 1 is no bueno for me.
javanx3d
Copper Member

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 04:26:55 AM

Just signed up and sent the payment (will DM TXID). Aiea Eagles. I'm good with 25th or another Sunday. No earlier than 11 am EST pls (5 am my time) on whatever day.
Spokanistan51

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 05:48:54 AM

I can do Aug 17, 18, probably morning PST of 24, or 25. Aug 31/Sep 1 is no bueno for me.
I can do 8/17 or 8/18. 8/18 ideal. I can’t do the weekend of the 24-25th. As soon as we confirm, I will
send payment. Thanks!

javanx3d
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 06:06:03 AM

I reckon you can just set it and if someone chooses the risk of .01 BTC for auto drafting then so be it. I'm down with whatever. I usually do 2-3 leagues a season so figured why not on joining for this one though I had to make a new Yahoo account for some reason for it. All good.
javanx3d
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 06:42:10 AM

But who's gnna to be the first guy to draft Tebow??? Smiley I kid...
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 07:13:11 AM

I reckon you can just set it and if someone chooses the risk of .01 BTC for auto drafting then so be it. I'm down with whatever. I usually do 2-3 leagues a season so figured why not on joining for this one though I had to make a new Yahoo account for some reason for it. All good.

I am trying to make this an auto-draft free league. I hate auto-draft so I’m asking everyone to come to an agreement on one day so we can all draft.

But who's gnna to be the first guy to draft Tebow??? Smiley I kid...

He’s my #1 pick, either him or Barkley.