Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remitano.com is a scam!  (Read 213 times)
btmarketmod (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:21:23 AM

I sold BTC on Remitano.com on Friday. The site released my BTC to the buyer without paying me anything. Since selling the BTC the price is up almost 2000 USD. The buyer has his coins and remitano keeps telling me that I will receive my money before the end of the day.

Its been 4 days and I haven't received any money to my BTC account. I asked one lady on the support to refund my BTC and she said "Okay" and proceeded to ignore me and close the chat on me without responding any further. Screenshots attached.

Another screenshot shows how "Henry" says I will receive my BTC by end of day Yesterday, nothing was deposited to my account.

Watch out and don't use this site. They give your BTC away to buyers and you don't get paid. Their site clearly says "Sell bitcoin in 5 minutes" not 5 days.

https://imgur.com/a/HqAN6LS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fratoshi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:48:23 AM

Any trader is at the mercy of market volatility.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3892

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 07:53:34 AM

Can you please use the proper formatting. It's easier to investigate understand.

Here the format:
Scam Report Format

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]
Copy and paste it in new thread then fill all data.

Cheers :-)

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 08:47:03 AM

To my understanding, remitano works just like localbitcoin that's a peer2peer exchange so ones you have sold you bitcoin to the buyer that transactions aren't reversible. Also if I'm correct FNB from your message is a bank which means the issue is as a result of bank network problem (we get that alot in Nigeria). 

Firstly you can't get you funds back as you have already sold it. Secondly, since they have responded and admitted to the fault coming from a misunderstanding between them and the bank, the buyer who has already recieved the bitcoin can't be held responsible. You'll get you fund (hopefully) just give them time to resolve the issue with the bank.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btmarketmod (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 05:42:07 AM

To my understanding, remitano works just like localbitcoin that's a peer2peer exchange so ones you have sold you bitcoin to the buyer that transactions aren't reversible. Also if I'm correct FNB from your message is a bank which means the issue is as a result of bank network problem (we get that alot in Nigeria). 

Firstly you can't get you funds back as you have already sold it. Secondly, since they have responded and admitted to the fault coming from a misunderstanding between them and the bank, the buyer who has already recieved the bitcoin can't be held responsible. You'll get you fund (hopefully) just give them time to resolve the issue with the bank.

It has been 6 days since they gave the buyer my BTC. If they told me it would take more than 6 days to get paid I would not have sold the BTC and held on to it instead. They keep telling me I will have my money by the end of the day and it doesn't happen. They could do a manual payment for my sale but they refuse. They refuse to refund my BTC because they give buyers the BTC without paying the sellers.

It can't take 6 days to fix and issue with their bank. They clearly do not have funds to pay people but they keep accepting new BTC deposits and keep taking BTC from sellers and not paying them.
scammedbyremitano

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

Yes,  infact they are scammer.  I was scammed in  such a way.

First they lock my  bitcoin for transferring  out.  I was surprise why my bitcoin was lock,  So I check with  the support team by  the names
      Hanh, MakindeJohn, Charles, HENRY, Mansi, Chika.  

First they ask why I only buy bitcoin and never sell.
     I told them is it neccessary if  buy here must sell here also ?   never answer.  This question  repeatly  ask for for 3 times by  3 different
     personal.   (I buy here when there is a good deal and convert it to another currency when have good rate)

Then they said due to  aml  restriction,  I must do a video  on myself by holding  my  ID  and nad ask me to read out

Day year (at the time video recording point). My name is [registered account holder name at remitano.com]. I want to trade electronic money at Remitano.com. I commit to take all responsibility if there are any legal issues with the transactions of the account [registered account at remitano.com] on Remitano platform ".  I have done it as what they requested and send the link  to them.

after that,  they said not enough for the verification.  ask me to send 3 months  latest bank  statement to  them.  I downloaded the statements from  my bank  and attach it to them.  next day,  they said is still  not enough  and want me  to snapshot the statement from  my computer.  I have did that too (they just purposely  want to play me).    and one more thing is that   my info already verified by them the when I starter to use their server about 1 to  2 years ago.

waited for another 1 day,  no reply  regarding the release back by  bitcoin.
     waited 2 days,  horrible incident come.  my email address was hacked which I host in google.com from  canada.
     how do the hacker know that my email email address  more  valuable,  so many email addresses in  the world why my email after passing my  personal bank statement to them. I very seldom  use the email ,  most usage for are localbticoin and remitano.,This email  address was active since 2 to 3 years ago.  why  only now at this same time  get hacked.

Conclusion :  there support team may have hacker's mole.  not sure which one of the of them Hanh, MakindeJohn, Charles, HENRY, Mansi, Chika.  selling my personal information to hackers. They may one day block your your bitcoin  with the similar  tactic.  They may ask you for the same information as what if have given to them.  Do not use their service as one day you will  face the same consequent as me.  Use  localbitcoin.com or other provider instead. You do not know  how much you have in your wallet  when suddenly  they block it and ask for these stupid verification  and the risk your email  may get hacked. Now I am worrying  the hacker may use my personal  info  to scammer other people.

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 08:34:51 AM

thanks to all i was just going to exchange 850$ maybe not too much for rich guys but for me its big amount

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██