Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we always have to pay fee?  (Read 915 times)
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 11:38:44 PM

I've noticed that everytime I make any transaction I have to pay fees. why users have to pay their money? for example, I use changelly and it's found out that I pay them 0,25% fee. Is that normal or they steal from me?

All exchange site platform are collecting fee of charge for every transaction. And that is just a normal things for them to do it, it is actually of their source to get profit and that's common and its not stealing instead its legal dude. And you are in business world were there is nothing free if you want to earn in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 11:54:41 PM

I think fees here in crypto is not that high then better if we pay like this because for assurance of transaction like this is legit if we need to pay like some business man create that wallets,trading site and gambling site then more to earn also here so there's a people behind of that so that's why they are legit then if you really want OP without fees and low fees i think go with NANO and BNB
You are right, there is usually a discount if you use the exchange's tokens or coins. That can be an alternative to reduce fees. Regardless of the fee charged, we must approve it because we have used the exchange service. It's okay if it's expensive if it's comparable to service, including transaction speed and security.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 01:36:11 AM

I think fees here in crypto is not that high then better if we pay like this because for assurance of transaction like this is legit if we need to pay like some business man create that wallets,trading site and gambling site then more to earn also here so there's a people behind of that so that's why they are legit then if you really want OP without fees and low fees i think go with NANO and BNB
yes indeed mate there are some exchange that provides utility token to reduce the amount of fees that can be use for withdrawing the coins or tokens in the exchanger balances which its very useful to us and also there are some bonuses to use which we can earn it by trading
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:18:16 AM

I've noticed that everytime I make any transaction I have to pay fees. why users have to pay their money? for example, I use changelly and it's found out that I pay them 0,25% fee. Is that normal or they steal from me?
If you trade DOGE to XRP then you are supposed to trade the Doge/Btc and Xrp/Btc crypto pairs respectively. But if you go to challenge for the same transaction you will do only one trade. Fees do not only depend on the blockchain congestion, but you will also only pay once to the challenge and that fee is included in the price of altcoin pairs. Afaik 0.25% one-time fee is quite ok than paying fees twice(minimum fee of 0.2% x 2) to the other exchanges.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 05:45:05 AM

Why should be questioned for this.
All fees in transactions are reasonable and have been around for a long time. So no need to be confused anymore if you are charged fees in the transaction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:16:29 AM

for example, I use changelly and it's found out that I pay them 0,25% fee.

because centralized services don't work for free. they have to pay for hosting, labor and a lot of other things. not to mention that it is a business that is suppose to make money for their owners. so when you are using their platform you have to pay for it. hence the whatever percentage fee different services charge you.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:40:47 AM

Off course not everything in this world is free especially in the crypto world. Fees are paid so that things will move and make their services work. Besides those fees are in small amount.
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:20:13 AM

Transaction fees may vary if wanted to speed up the confirmation of one transaction. I think there is a free transaction fee but it will take weeks to get the confirmation. The transaction fee is quite small, it is just like sending a fiat to a money sending service centers.

well... I don't really want to pay extra money
You cant use crypto if you dont want to pay for transactions fee friend,its just how its works,changelly is a trusted company and they are not stealing from you,every last exchanges in crypto space works same way as well,one more thing the fees are very low to none how is this affecting you?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btc_love (OP)

Activity: 566

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:32:59 AM

Transaction fees may vary if wanted to speed up the confirmation of one transaction. I think there is a free transaction fee but it will take weeks to get the confirmation. The transaction fee is quite small, it is just like sending a fiat to a money sending service centers.

well... I don't really want to pay extra money
You cant use crypto if you dont want to pay for transactions fee friend,its just how its works,changelly is a trusted company and they are not stealing from you,every last exchanges in crypto space works same way as well,one more thing the fees are very low to none how is this affecting you?

If there is no income, I think companies like Changelly won't be able to run. Changelly is a service company that quotes fees for every transaction made by its customers and I think this is a reasonable practice, because Changelly needs money to pay employees or other needs.

I understand that they need money. But I need it too!
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858

Christ The King

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:30:40 PM

Without fees, a system can't sustain itself. It will go into oblivion. The fee of changelly should be their standard exchange rate, a friend use to tell our group members that ever exchange is very cheap, never try it before I am careful of what I am not use to, don't want my money to hang.

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 12:38:41 PM

Well that is because fees go a long way in ensuring that services are maintained and continuously up to standard whenever you want to make transactions. These platforms may be automated but there are still programmers working at the backend to ensure everything goes smoothly ☺️

10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:56:37 PM

Without fees, a system can't sustain itself. It will go into oblivion. The fee of changelly should be their standard exchange rate, a friend use to tell our group members that ever exchange is very cheap, never try it before I am careful of what I am not use to, don't want my money to hang.
how then do those projects for which have no commissions in their network, or the commissions very low, support themselves? if the system could not exist without commissions then such projects would also not exist, but they exist

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
btc_love (OP)

Activity: 566

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:58:58 PM

how then do those projects for which have no commissions in their network, or the commissions very low, support themselves? if the system could not exist without commissions then such projects would also not exist, but they exist

they can make money from ads on their websites
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 02:42:38 PM

It can also be based on the platform you're in, some wallets and websites offer bigger or lower fees based on the cost of their services, they need it to sustain the needs of the company to keep on operating and to earn the profit. Price also varies per coin.
I don't think we have to complain much since most of the fees are reasonable enough for the benefits and convenience we can get from it.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 03:07:16 PM

It is normal, fees are always available on all exchange platforms. If you use one of the exchange platforms to trade, that means you agree to the fees that apply from the exchange.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 03:11:06 PM

Nothing is free. You need to pay because the exchange and application need money to maintain operation and security. I have not seen any exchanges currently that do not apply exchange fees

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
pakdemaco11

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

NeedforTurbo https://needforturbo.com/

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 03:15:38 PM

it is natural when a platform provides good facilities. I don't think it's heavy if it's 0.25%. they also provide a platform using fees so they take advantage of their platform.

██████████████████████          N E E D   F O R   T U R B O          ██████████████████████
ETHEREUM & BINANCE SMART CHAIN
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄     LEARN MORE     ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 03:52:24 PM

Transactions fees applies to a wide variety of services including crypto.
Is the fees too high? Yes

The very reason for this high fees, is because they can get away with it. Due to the nature of Bitcoin, everyone is used to see high fees, whenever they send and recieve BTC. Hopefully Lightning transactions will change the way people look at this fee model being forced down on us.

As soon as Stakenet (who's leading the development and innovation on Lightning) releases their multi currency wallet with inbuilt 1-click lightning swaps, you'll be able to trade and exchange your coins for a FRACTION of that. The coin you transact with needs to be lightning compatible though, however more and more coins is implementing it,  USDT for instance has announced they'll integrate it, making it possible to tether up inside your own wallet in seconds.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 04:32:10 PM

Yeah, all centralized exchange have fees in every single transaction. And that uses for payment to their employees, profit for CEO, paying security for site, domain or etc. So, don't worry if exchange ask you for fee, that not mean they stealing your coin.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 04:47:42 PM

You actually pay fees because it's needed by miners to confirm transactions and also for running of platforms, exchanges for instance get their revenue from fees too. Well I've done a couple of transactions on NEO tracker site without fees, but when using exchanges (like you mentioned changelly), fees are required,  I already explained why.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: