Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Crypto Intelligence be the Solution to FATF Regulations?  (Read 128 times)
darylalban (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 07:48:49 PM

Right now everyone has been watching the FATF Regulations closely and waiting to see if the government will drop the hard ball of flat out laws. While their involvement has been more alive than ever, I am interested in what everyone's thoughts were about companies that provide crypto intelligence solutions that are able to analyze scams, money laundering and stolen funds.

This report by Ciphertrace shows just how much criminals stole and people lost https://ciphertrace.com/articles/q1-2019-cryptocurrency-anti-money-laundering-report/

It's actually really alarming and this is only Q1!

I have a good feeling that companies that offer this type of technology might be the bridge between regulators and the crypto community. What do you guys think? Will there be a meeting point?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 06:00:07 PM

Right now everyone has been watching the FATF Regulations closely and waiting to see if the government will drop the hard ball of flat out laws. While their involvement has been more alive than ever, I am interested in what everyone's thoughts were about companies that provide crypto intelligence solutions that are able to analyze scams, money laundering and stolen funds.

Well it's essentially a good news that we have certain companies those are capable of analyzing scams and other illegal activities relating cryptocurrency. Isn't it the only thing that is worrying a majority of the nations and has become a roadblock in its adoption?

I have a good feeling that companies that offer this type of technology might be the bridge between regulators and the crypto community. What do you guys think? Will there be a meeting point?

Absolutely yes! Majority of the nations are not realizing the fact that cryptos can't be banned in reality. When they will realize this simple fact, these companies like Ciphertrace will be in demand because then governments will have to find ways to fight scams and frauds in a different manner and with the help of a sophisticated technology.

jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 11:00:09 PM

Absolutely yes! Majority of the nations are not realizing the fact that cryptos can't be banned in reality. When they will realize this simple fact, these companies like Ciphertrace will be in demand because then governments will have to find ways to fight scams and frauds in a different manner and with the help of a sophisticated technology.
[/quote]

I agree with you on both points. Governments can't outright ban crypto instead they need to work with the proper companies to work with it not against it. I keep seeing and hearing Ciphertrace pop up in the news especially when they release the amount lost due to scams and theft
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: