Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Binance KYC been hacked?  (Read 138 times)
Danumsigwasan (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 13

I am from Forex world.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 10:12:20 PM

Binance users’ accounts have been reportedly hacked and their Know Your Customer (KYC) data stole. As per images of IDs posted in a Telegram chat group, thousands of the exchange’s user’s photos, IDs, and passports are out there.

Tons of crypto users have joined the channel that has photos of people holding identity cards with a placard written “Binance” on it. The placard also has other details such as the date the image was taken. Surprisingly, the date on the photos is February 24, 2018.

Binance in their regular fashion has been quick to respond to the issue on their blog. The latest update from the Binance security team says that an individual has harassed and threatened them demanding 300 BTC. This is in exchange for 10,000 images that have a semblance to the cryptocurrency exchanges KYC data.

Binance Security Team Claims Extortion

The security team has further said that they are still investigating the matter to establish its legitimacy. They have, nonetheless, given clues that explain why the images are now on social media. Apparently, the hacker decided to distribute the pictures and data when Binance refused to pay up.

On the blog, the team says:

“There are inconsistencies when comparing this data to the data in our system. At the present time, no evidence has been supplied that indicates any KYC images have been obtained from Binance, as these images do not contain the digital watermark imprinted by our system”.

About the February date on the images, the Binance security team says that at that point the exchange relied on a third-party vendor for their KYC processes why is such a large exchange trusting a third party with your private data?. The vendor in question may be the source of the data. The exchange says that they are investigating that lead.

Changpeng Zhao; Ignore the FUD but can we trust?

Changpeng Zhao, the Binance CEO, has on Twitter asked the crypto-verse not to fall for the KYC leak’s induced FUD. Some pundits do agree with CZ. They say that the leak seems more like a FUD or is this just an elaborate coverup as not so long ago they were hacked and crypto stolen.

The exchange says that 98 percent of its coins are held in cold storage. Moving them will increase the size of the exchange’s hot wallet. This could make a hack more fruitful. Others claim that it is all part of a smear campaign from the exchange’s competitors.

The Binance security team has informed its users that the data in question is the same as that a dark-net hacker held in January. But is it true or is this a new line of hacks?

According to a report from Shenzhen Financial News, a large number of the hacked KYC data owners were from Asia, mainly from Japan, Vietnam, Pakistan, and Japan. The exchange’s Korean manager.

In May Binance suffered a hack that cost it a 7,000BTC loss. The exchange nonetheless covered the damage, with their SAFU fund. This time Binance is offering a 25 BTC reward to anyone with information that may lead the hacker to justice.

Source of article: https://www.asiacryptotoday.com/has-binance-kyc-been-hacked
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Candycrush1129

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 10:22:09 PM

I am really not sure what’s going on with Binance. They used to be so good but since last 6 months or so, everything has taken a 360 degree turn.

Is there any management change or what??? Any idea?? Anyone??
FantasyGold

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 10:37:38 PM

Definitely, this looks true as too much suspicious activity has being going around the Binance.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 10:46:25 PM

Really, I don't want to believe these bad issues again about the big exchange, Binance. But, if the prooves are reliable and can be proof enough, we must be more careful and watch out of all our identity on Binance. Binance is supposed to be a very great exchange, this is the big one among the other exchanges, it should have triple security systems that are more secure and guaranteed. Is that only the accusation or what? Really need some explanation officially from Binance directly.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 10:46:30 PM

Binance is a top cryptocurrency exchange with lots of users data so many hackers target them daily but be rest assured that binance has a team of internet security experts that will prevent it from happening and when it does happen binance will try it's best to fix the issues.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 10:48:37 PM

Really need some explanation officially from Binance directly.
This is the official article from binance concerning the issue https://www.binance.com/en/blog/365766157488967680/Statement-on-False-KYC-Leak

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 10:49:51 PM

We can't verify if this is true or not, unless we will see some confirmation coming from the Binance team.
I would like to know also if there was an investigation happening conducted by a 3rd party of the recent hack on the exchange and now this FUD is quite alarming as well since it's our personal data, personally I complied with KYC so I hope this will also be investigated so Binance will be sanction for their weak security in the even it's proven true.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
flemmings02

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 10:57:18 PM

Definitely, this looks true as too much suspicious activity has being going around the Binance.

This would be the second time in the space of a few months that Binance will be trending for the wrong reasons, hack to be precise, this is terrible for the image Binance is trying to protect, a lot of measure needs to be taken very fast, if not Binance could lose its reputation.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:02:16 PM

Really need some explanation officially from Binance directly.
This is the official article from binance concerning the issue https://www.binance.com/en/blog/365766157488967680/Statement-on-False-KYC-Leak
it looks like that was a misleading thread and it much better to block it or mark it as a crap crypto news site.
I remember this rumour has been used by so many FUDDERs  to spread the false news to make anyone being panic. This is a really bad action from those who are spreading the false news about binance.
CZ can be trusted even more than OP.lol

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Andrew Parker

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:37:06 PM

What has gone into these Binance people? They are almost on self-destruction mode
Freddy11

Activity: 391
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:38:07 PM

Really sad to hear this. Even big exchanges are not safe, so what we can say about smaller ones?
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:40:06 PM

I've never actually used Binance before but I always assumed they were one of the only non-KYC exchanges out there. Why do they have over 10,000 KYC documents then?

I assumed the exchange was mostly crypto deposit/withdraw only. Looking at the pairs, they only got crypto fiat counterparts like Tether, PAX, USDC, etc.

So who exactly gets KYC'd on Binanance? Is it only people from the USA? Or are people just randomly being KYC'd due to fishy deposits and mixers?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mehr Sher

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:47:26 PM

Who to believe and who to not…… too much to think for a user
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:52:31 PM

I think Binance not really force people to do KYC in their exchange. If me not wrong, i am not do any KYC although my withdrawal limit is small. Maybe if this is true, we should really concern and aware before we give our identity to any exchanges because identity is something that really risky if used by wrong people.

Absolutely right I'm using binance without doing a KYC this is only for those people who wants a large minimum withdrawal limit. And according to CZ this KYC issues is not true so stop sphreading fund.

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 12:39:29 AM

I think Binance not really force people to do KYC in their exchange. If me not wrong, i am not do any KYC although my withdrawal limit is small. Maybe if this is true, we should really concern and aware before we give our identity to any exchanges because identity is something that really risky if used by wrong people.

That's right, KYC on binance is only for customers who want to withdraw more than 2btc every day. From CZ's social media, there is no hacking on the KYC binance and this event is old news with new issues. Even if this is old news, hopefully binance can improve its security to prevent hacking from happening again
Greatchu

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 12:59:23 AM

That's right, KYC on binance is only for customers who want to withdraw more than 2btc every day. From CZ's social media, there is no hacking on the KYC binance and this event is old news with new issues. Even if this is old news, hopefully binance can improve its security to prevent hacking from happening again

The reason why i still like using binance exchange is because of how ease it is to use without forcing KYC on users,im glad this hack is nothing but a false news since its hasnt been proved otherwise and the last binance hack must have set a big example for binance to always stay ahead of hackers by upgrading their security from time to time to avoid losing funds to hackers again,im glad its still up and running because the exchange is the best choice for me.

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 01:46:25 AM

In my opinion, this is just a way to attract people to join their channel communication. I saw some images leaked, they were unclear, of course those documents could not be surpassed by Binance's KYC requirements.
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 02:08:19 AM

In my opinion, this is just a way to attract people to join their channel communication. I saw some images leaked, they were unclear, of course those documents could not be surpassed by Binance's KYC requirements.
I also think like you but this cannot be certain because surely there will be a lot of real KYC real. This has affected this exchange in a very short time and currently the Telegram channel has been deleted so there is no need to worry too much about this. I think Binance is still protecting user data in the safest way and if you have KYC in this exchange, you will have more incentives in the near future.

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 03:24:17 AM

Absolutely right I'm using binance without doing a KYC this is only for those people who wants a large minimum withdrawal limit. And according to CZ this KYC issues is not true so stop sphreading fund.

Thats right! They already announced and stated that security was not breached and for sure these are from people who want bnb to go down but CZ is so bright and for sure if in case that it was true there would be no issue and they will do best to resolve it right and then it just that informtation are totally different from crypto if being hacked. It can be used for fraudulent use.
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2019, 03:36:15 AM

Binance already post an article to clarify this issue. they said if they still investigated this issue. You can read full information about this issue here

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀