Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Crypto Becoming More Accepted?
Yes - 5 (62.5%)
No - 3 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Crypto Becoming More Accepted?  (Read 469 times)
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 04:44:50 PM

Yes! Did you see the recent Rakuten announcement in Japan? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/e-commerce-giant-rakuten-publicly-062807593.html 

Binance is expanding to the US. Plus all these coins trying to compete with Libra. It's going to get interesting for sure.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 05:07:47 PM

To be honest, I don't think so. When I see people around me, barely anyone mentions crypto or thinking about accepting. That might be just my experience, I would like to be wrong in this case.
Still 95% of people in this world not aware of what is crypto that is why we are not getting any experience about cryptos from the next door but when we compare the growth in the last five years surely we are heading to something better.
Demographics usually counts a lot when it comes to Bitcoins being more accepted, People between the age range of 50 upwards are not what I will say to be inclined to invest and use bitcoins because and I mean no offence, they are not technologically aware like most of us.
Acceptance probably for those who understand how the system works and how they can find opportunities to earned, crypto mostly being used as  an assets for investment and not for everyday use, even there's already adoptions that keeps popping from time to time, there's still things that needs to
be consider before it can really attract end users and not just investors who deals with trading and investing but users that  will use it with it's solely purposes.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 06:36:55 PM

if we look at it from a global perspective then it is indeed becoming more accepted.Especially in Asia with the adoption in every day use cases where people don't have a choice but to opt in
MascharonoM

Activity: 216
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:57:02 AM

I have seen lots of guys are joining and investing their money in different crypto projects. In this way the number of users are increasing.
Bellarg

Activity: 144
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 04:20:16 PM

Crypto is becoming more accepted only in several countries. In others there are or no changes or crypto bans

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:52:57 PM

Crypto is becoming more accepted only in several countries. In others there are or no changes or crypto bans
If more countries accepted the cryptos then remaining also will accept them if there is no choice for them to survive.
pankajgupta

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 10:26:58 AM

As technology is overcoming human day by day. Crypto came many years back but now it is in trending in some countries. It is making its way of success day by day. In some of the countries it is banned and in some it is still working. But it is commonly used when any person/company need to send money to individual who worked from them from some other  country. They pay him through Bitcoin.
MascharonoM

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 11:24:06 AM

Yeah, you are right enough. But most of the countries allow crypto currency. It will increase gradually I hope.
MascharonoM

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 11:30:32 AM

As technology is overcoming human day by day. Crypto came many years back but now it is in trending in some countries. It is making its way of success day by day. In some of the countries it is banned and in some it is still working. But it is commonly used when any person/company need to send money to individual who worked from them from some other  country. They pay him through Bitcoin.

Yeah, you are right enough dude. When the people will start knowing the good opportunities of using bitcoin then the users will increase a lot and within a short period of time. There is another way why so many people like payment on Bitcoin or other coins. Because they can easily convert their coins in different currencies using crypto exchange websites.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 10:02:34 PM

I think yes, there are more store now open to accept crypto, but its not a significant improvement for btc, but at least the growth is not stagnant, now the acceptance is rely on the government, if the government agree to adopt I think the acceptance will be really fast

I think no reason why government shouldn't agree to adopt crypto.
More money and transactions means more taxes and more taxes means more for them Smiley
I think governments will only have an interest and have more funds if she can taxe bitcoin! If bitcoin is not taxable then we should expect governments to lose interest in it and instead of adoption, she will keep fighting it. When governments use bitcoin as a store of value that is when we would see it going into the mainstream and it really values come out.
Tax bitcoin? What do you really mean and how can Bitcoin be taxed by the government. I think if am not mistaking tax Bitcoin business related and income via bitcoin and if that is what you meant then you should know that it is already happening in some developed country of the world and is high time other developing countries join so the they can benefit by way of increasing there revenue and am sure that will create more awareness and adoption of bitcoin.
MascharonoM

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 03:11:05 PM

I think yes, there are more store now open to accept crypto, but its not a significant improvement for btc, but at least the growth is not stagnant, now the acceptance is rely on the government, if the government agree to adopt I think the acceptance will be really fast

More money and transactions means more taxes and more taxes means more for them Smiley
I think governments will only have an interest and have more funds if she can taxe bitcoin! If bitcoin is not taxable then we should expect governments to lose interest in it and instead of adoption, she will keep fighting it. When governments use bitcoin as a store of value that is when we would see it going into the mainstream and it really values come out.
Tax bitcoin? What do you really mean and how can Bitcoin be taxed by the government. I think if am not mistaking tax Bitcoin business related and income via bitcoin and if that is what you meant then you should know that it is already happening in some developed country of the world and is high time other developing countries join so the they can benefit by way of increasing there revenue and am sure that will create more awareness and adoption of bitcoin.

This will happen but it will take some time. Because people yet aren't much aware of using Bitcoin or other currencies.
GlobalPokerSites

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 09:13:47 PM

Without question. Many industries are slowly wrapping their heads around the advantages of crypto and how it can be best utilised in their favour.
AbaraUzo

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 12:58:57 AM

Certainly Crypto is becoming more interesting to the global business entrepreneurs, and therefore more accepted.
People who know how Crypto works are even propagating how good it is to learn more about it, therefore making it more accepted.
MascharonoM

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:01:01 AM

Certainly Crypto is becoming more interesting to the global business entrepreneurs, and therefore more accepted.
People who know how Crypto works are even propagating how good it is to learn more about it, therefore making it more accepted.

Yeah, obviously. In this way the number of users will increase definitely.
Quanatix
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 12:36:49 PM

As of late countries seem to be doing one of two things, either regulating crypto and making it less accessible like india or they're making it more easily accessible by adding special measures for crypto like tax waivers for people who earn crypto or spend in crypto. This surely will get more people involved in the industry and lead to a much wider adoption of crypto.
Recently "Singapore’s Inland Revenue Authority (IRAS) recently put forward a proposal to waive sales tax on goods or services paid for in cryptocurrency or similar digital assets. The proposal intends to help spur development within the local blockchain and cryptocurrency industry.

Existing tax laws have historically resulted in Singaporean residents being excluded from initial coin offerings (ICO’s) launched in the country. Singapore’s goods and services tax (GST) means residents wanting to get involved in ICO’s have to pay seven percent tax on their purchases. The cryptocurrency industry may have been around for over ten years, but as far as daily use cases go, it’s still in its infancy. For the industry to break into the mainstream, favorable policies need to be enacted to ensure everyday citizens can use digital assets constructively.

Overbearing taxes and strict regulation only serve to drive users away from adopting digital assets as a means of payment. The development of logical and clearly defined regulation is supported by innovative blockchain firms like Coinpayments, a payment gateway service that works hard to help enable retailers around the world to accept cryptocurrency payments. It recently formed a partnership with crypto directory startup Cryptwerk to provide a single resource that allows users to spend their crypto in 182 countries around the world."

Countries contributing in this manner should certainly contribute towards global adoption of cryptocurrencies

-source https://www.the-blockchain.com/2019/08/06/singapore-considers-tax-waiver-on-cryptocurrency-purchases-an-example-for-other-countries/

It's been 10 years in since Satoshi Nakamoto first gave us Bitcoin, and most governments are still trying to learn how to deal with it. By nature, government will have a very huge impact on adoption. By force of law, "fiat" as defined literally means, "because we say so". How much is a US dollar? A US dollar is worth so and so, because the US government says so - coupled with other market forces. So "acceptance" becomes a matter of "force of law". This is debatable of course, but absent this "force" factor, "adoption/acceptance" becomes an optional matter. By default most people will generally opt for the currency that is considered as "legal tender" for various legal and trading purposes.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 04:12:00 PM

Do you have any example for that?
I can agree that people are more aware of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies however I don't see them being more involved.
Especially, businesses are afraid to integrate them as a way of payment due to their high volatility.
NoFace01

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 10:43:15 AM

Yes, it is becoming more accepted. Some organisations like AT&T accept bitcoin payment. This is expected as bitcoin offers lightening fast transaction, very low fees and it is decentralized.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 12:22:43 PM

In Asia (specifically the Philippines), although the usage of cryptocurrencies have been steadily growing over the past years, the BSP (Central Bank) has issued several notices and warned the citizens about the risks of utilizing cryptocurrencies. They are actually acknowledging its reputation but it would take some time before accepting it as an alternative payment.

Although there are already merchants accepting bitcoin compared before, there still remains some doubt with regards its overall usage and implementation to the general public. People have created a stigma towards anything that is online and that significantly causes cryptocurrencies to be used my some.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:34:41 PM

Of course its becoming more accepted and that's good to hear. Literally yesterday I read about banks in Europe that became crypto friendly - https://changelly.com/blog/blockchain-in-banking-industry-use-cases. I mean look at the number.
Hope that'll go further

Definitely there is more talking about Bitcoin now then ever before. This list is a really long list, and there is many good
things to read in this article, I advice people to check them out. I would like to quote the sentence from the end of this
article, it`s in in a spirit of this topic I believe:
-"Undoubtedly, smaller banks will soon follow the path of pioneers and, who knows, maybe in some ten years,
every transaction made on Earth will be processed by blockchains."
   We all agree that crypto-currencies are the future, they are becoming more accepted, and full adoption is not so far
from here.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:33:01 PM

In fact, in Croatia, the tax service has already defined a way to tax the profits from crypto trade.
Of course, we have to pay taxes when we exchange crypto to fiat, not before.
If we can prove that we have kept crypto for at least 2 years in our wallet, we do not pay any taxes  Grin Grin Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀