Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thou shall not steal  (Read 477 times)
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 01:10:32 PM

In your view, was this commandment created by someone poor or rich?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Smith

Activity: 896
Merit: 283

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2019, 02:10:37 PM

Possibly by rich because if they didn't made that commandment then poor people will steal money from rich and they will justify their action.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 04:14:33 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2019, 05:19:18 PM by friends1980
Merited by paxmao (1)

Not sure if they were poor or rich, but surely they were statists. Forbidding someone to steal does not automatically imply you're protecting someone else's right to property. No offence paxmao Wink but I believe that discussion is more essential than the one about rich or poor. If you're talking (property) rights, richness and poverty are irrelevant concepts.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 04:43:22 PM

It was created by someone who knew the 1 rule of law, that will give you a good after life.

Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:50:40 PM

... If you're talking (property) rights, richness and poverty are irrelevant concepts.

It is irrelevant if you have food on the table.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 07:55:44 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Hope you do know, it's more painful when you're poor and the things you can call yours get stolen. The rich can always make more wealth or buy more properties. To my understanding (from a biblical background) the law was made by someone who has the best interest of both the rich and poor at hand. The law "Thou shall not steal"  is beneficiary to both parties (rich and poor).

To the poor, they avoid punishment by obeying the law while to the rich, it prevents greediness, assuming the poor that, the little they have won't be taken away from them and in general keeping the world at peace & balance.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2453

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 07:21:36 AM

It was created by bankers, and they defined stealing at the same time. They also created the commandment "Thou shalt not commit adultery". The original meaning was that one should not have sex with adults outside wedlock.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 07:56:05 PM

It was created by someone who knew the 1 rule of law, that will give you a good after life.

Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

That is a belief, not a fact. I like facts.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 01:51:03 PM

In your view, was this commandment created by someone poor or rich?

It was created by a religion, so of course it was created by the rich.  Wink
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 02:20:42 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2), PrimeNumber7 (1)

"Thou shall not steal" dates back a few thousand years before any biblical reference. I'm sure I'm not pointing anything new out to anyone, but nearly all religious laws established were common sense rules for allowing civilizations to occur. You can't live harmoniously in a town if a neighbor is stealing your stuff, trying to kill you, or tool your wife. Kosher eating helped avoid unsanitary food conditions, telling people not to be gay helped to keep the population from declining amidst wars and a 30 year life expectancy etc etc.

I don't think telling people that stealing is a sin was perpetrated by rich or poor people. It just established moral threat of law in a time where there wasn't a whole lot of law enforcement capability.
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 03:31:54 AM

Not a religious scholar.

But when there are verses like this, it shouldn't be referred to automatically to the rich protecting their properties lmao.

Then there are verses specific to rich (those who can afford) to give compulsory charity. There are verses that says they shouldn't ignore a needy.

When someone has enough wealth, chances of their sinning is more. If they spend a cent on gambling, it's a sin. If they spend it on immoral luxury (having affairs beside their wives) it's a sin. To buy slaves and torture them is also a great sin.

If you look carefully, religions have put a greater burden and responsibilities on the neck of riches. The poor? They don't have the responsibility of chatity. Whatever they earn, they eat and survive only.

Assuming God and afterlife is real, poor people are at an advantage than the rich who posses "earthly" wealth Smiley
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 11:08:16 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Both. Huge businessmen and corrupt officials steal for their personal gratifications which is driven by their own greed. On the other hand, poor people tend to steal in order to survive. Scarcity of basic necessities is the usual reason behind this, it pushes them into their limits to commit stealing even though they knew from the very beginning that it was not a good thing. They are like facing a "no choice" situation so I can't blame them.

If you will ask me if they're the same, I say YES. It doesn't matter whether you only stole a piece of apple or millions of money, stealing is stealing — it was a sin. However, I believe that sometimes in life the end justifies the means so I'll be more compassionate for the poor ones if proven guilty Smiley.
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 6371

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 11:16:59 AM

Both.

Exactly.
Rich people afford to hire others to protect their goods. So not stealing only saves them some money, no biggy.
Poor(er) people don't afford that. If somebody steals their crops they are f***ed.

I guess that at some point it has become obvious to everybody that works that stealing is bad.
nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 12:35:32 PM

Stealing is perfectly fine as long as it is done big banks and big corporations. Smiley Smiley

Both. Huge businessmen and corrupt officials steal for their personal gratifications which is driven by their own greed. On the other hand, poor people tend to steal in order to survive. Scarcity of basic necessities is the usual reason behind this, it pushes them into their limits to commit stealing even though they knew from the very beginning that it was not a good thing. They are like facing a "no choice" situation so I can't blame them.

If you will ask me if they're the same, I say YES. It doesn't matter whether you only stole a piece of apple or millions of money, stealing is stealing — it was a sin. However, I believe that sometimes in life the end justifies the means so I'll be more compassionate for the poor ones if proven guilty Smiley.

There is a big difference here, and most rich people get where they are by stealing profit from their employees.  Profit is really just unpaid value that workers created so they are taking back what was taken from them.
Bitcoin Smith

Activity: 896
Merit: 283

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 06:30:08 PM

Stealing is perfectly fine as long as it is done big banks and big corporations. Smiley Smiley
Banks keep stealing the value of our currency in the name of inflation but no one got aware of what is happening. Roll Eyes

Fuck bankers especially FED.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:27:36 PM

You can't live harmoniously in a town if a neighbor is stealing your stuff, trying to kill you, or tool your wife.

Actually, the earliest human groups did not have the concept of mine or yours, particularly the concept of "your wife" as something owned, and they did live harmoniously.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:30:25 PM
Merited by VB1001 (2), Cnut237 (1)

If you look carefully, religions have put a greater burden and responsibilities on the neck of riches.

If you look carefully, religions make sure that the poor stay poor.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 29, 2019, 04:10:49 AM
Merited by NavI_027 (1)

I think it could be either of the two, for they could both possibly have their reason why they came up with such. It's probably because they care about their properties. Whether it was earned through the easy way or the hard way, they surely both exerted sufficient efforts to gain such.

The bottom line is, regardless of the social status, and regardless of who created that commandment, it shall always be kept in mind by all of us that "thou shall not steal."
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 05:11:20 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Thou shall not steal is one of the commandments that makes up the ten commandments. I don't think it was made by the rich against the poor or vice versa. It is made to work in our conscience not to take what does not belong to us. So, even the rich take what belongs to the poor. For instance, banks do fraud customers who are usually poor people off their money in different ways like illicit and unexplainable changes etc.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 02:42:34 PM

If you look carefully, religions make sure that the poor stay poor.

I totally agree. Religion is a method of social control. A very effective one too, particularly in early societies. You don't even need a police force if you have a simple rule sheet and an omniscient celestial overseer who can condemn you to hell for any infraction.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: