Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thou shall not steal  (Read 477 times)
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 04:37:15 PM

I feel like this verse has a much deeper meaning... This can totally apply to things like climate change, We are stealing from future generations their habitable environment. It's not like that the Rich don't steal from poor, We have countless examples where this has happened.

There is not a simple answer to your question TBH. One can argue it was written by a rich person to ensure his Power/Wealth remains in his control, but we didn't have a democratic system back then. It was a literal "Free" world. One could kill you and take your stuff. So the word "stealing" doesn't make much sense. The verse could have been something like Do not "kill" others for your gains. Stealing is a lighter word in this scenario.

"There is a big difference here, and most rich people get where they are by stealing profit from their employees.  Profit is really just unpaid value that workers created so they are taking back what was taken from them."

The only issue I have with People nowadays is that they believe the capitalist society is the only answer to the modern world. They aren't open to new ideas and if you suggest an alternative, those in power come crashing down on you along with their zombies which have been mass-produced under their "System".

If you look carefully, religions make sure that the poor stay poor.

Care to explain how? An example would be great...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 05:06:00 PM

I would say is quite obvious... one of the main ideas behind most is that there is a God, ergo if someone is rich is God´s will and should not be challenged. But I think it does not really require much explanation... religion is used to justify the social order since thousands of years ago.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:13:14 PM

Certainly in the past it was that way.  Look at the size of the average church/cathedral compared to the shacks the peasants were living in.

Thought we were talking about "Religions" not "Religion".

But I think it does not really require much explanation... religion is used to justify the social order since thousands of years ago.

So we are assuming that "Social order" is a result of "Religion" or can you substantiate it?
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 11:26:47 AM

In your view, was this commandment created by someone poor or rich?

It is regardless. It would probably created with neutrality without basing if someone is rich or poor but depends on one's own virtue and dignity. If it is not a religious one that is the most logical reason.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 08:41:25 PM

I would say is quite obvious... one of the main ideas behind most is that there is a God, ergo if someone is rich is God´s will and should not be challenged. But I think it does not really require much explanation... religion is used to justify the social order since thousands of years ago.

This is why Karl Max opined that religion is the opium of the masses. It makes the people feel lackadaisical about the affairs of governance and decisions that could better their lives, community and society.
They leave so much to the clergy to decide for them which at many times could be selfish outcome and not for the general good. The masses are so blind to certain reality because of religion.
paxmao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 01:40:52 PM

But I think it does not really require much explanation... religion is used to justify the social order since thousands of years ago.

So we are assuming that "Social order" is a result of "Religion" or can you substantiate it?

Please simply re-read and apply logic correctly.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:15:35 PM

In your view, was this commandment created by someone poor or rich?

We have seven deadly sins right, I think we can say that it is for the poor because of the fact that on the seven sins is the envy, because of the envy unto the person materialistically aspect, they will tend to steal to somehow satisfied or to have that object which they can't have.

But then again it is a rule a commandment to be obeyed, it should be followed and then again we have equall rights and God see us equally so i think its not used by or created by poor and rich.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 08:29:16 AM

I think its for both. Stealing is crime and all people does not want to be straling their property because we work hard for it. And for those people who like to steal or its a disease to them and they felt no mercy by doing that.

And its much better to secure our personal property and trust no one.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: